It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

what if the controllers that joked about it on the radio wasnt the real controllers that were working that night? what if they work for the cia and this is just a made up story? what if this is just some kind of mind game?

well.....i think that either i misunderstand your question or you misunderstand the facts. unless i am mistaken, i'm pretty sure that the controller joked about it around the same time as the incident, not later. and since nobody requested a tape within 15 days, there is no tape of that controller's on air statements. the report came from another source that was listening to the controller at the time.....so what exactly would be the point of making a tape of him joking about it?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
include a SASE, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery....

lol....probably longer. but if you get the request in before the tapes are erased, they legally have to hold onto them. so no matter how long it takes for you to actually hear them, they will be saved if you make the request within 15 days of the incident.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What really upsets me is it sounds as if they were not even willing to clear traffic at that gate so the UFO could taxi in. That right there shows that they have no respect for our alien friends at all.

On a serious note though, it at least made the main stream news, even though they are including little blurbs from traffic controllers to make it look like a joke. Apparently there was enough pressure from somewhere to put it out there, enough so to do the regular "swamp gas, now go back to your TV sets and watch a re-run of Friends" response.

So what from here? We wait in hopes that someone out there escaped the squash of information, escaped without being noticed and maybe has a picture in their camera that they will be willing to show others at some date. We all know what happens to people that can "verify" something like this. They get told in no uncertain terms that nothing happened.

In my opinion we are reaching a "one step forward, ONE step back" vs. two steps back ;-) If people will just keep talking and sharing information, we will eventually have the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

what if the controllers that joked about it on the radio wasnt the real controllers that were working that night? what if they work for the cia and this is just a made up story? what if this is just some kind of mind game?

well.....i think that either i misunderstand your question or you misunderstand the facts. unless i am mistaken, i'm pretty sure that the controller joked about it around the same time as the incident, not later. and since nobody requested a tape within 15 days, there is no tape of that controller's on air statements. the report came from another source that was listening to the controller at the time.....so what exactly would be the point of making a tape of him joking about it?

well what if the other source that was listening to the controller at the time was paid to say that. what if both of them have been paid to say what they are saying. what if they were'nt even paid they just do this for a deeper reason. like i said what if this is all made up? sure they say there are witnesses but were there really? just part of the story to make it seem more real? and if they do come up with some witnesses..are they being paid? are they saying what they were told to say? get what im saying?

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ok guys it's gettin' a lil bit serios..so...tactic:
We all startto push on our local media and ask them to cover the story ant not only that but push them to request more detailed answers...and CNN snd other main stream media is a good toll and refrense to use for now...I mean..now that CNN and other main stream media covered this story why don't our local media follow the story...

It's a good mopment for some presure guys ..let's roll it !!!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

the lesson being to all of you would-be ufo hunters out there, if you want to see or hear the air traffic tapes of an incident, you need to put it in writing and submit the request within 15 days.

Maybe if the information were not withheld from us for 2 months! we would be able to submit the requests within the 15 days. That's kind of underhanded...to require requests for information to be submitted within 15 days but the information is not revealed to the public for 2 months. That isn't really a requirement to obtain information. What it really amounts to is a denial of information.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

visual records? you mean like videotaping all flights? do you know how expensive that would be? the answer is no...we record and keep all radar and voice recordings for 15 days and then, if there is no incident or request to hold them for any reason, they are erased and re-used.

the lesson being to all of you would-be ufo hunters out there, if you want to see or hear the air traffic tapes of an incident, you need to put it in writing and submit the request within 15 days.

It's not too expensive for crude videotaping at gas stations, but it is for airports? I am not saying you are incorrect, rather, that it is simply suprising. So basically I could run out on to the runway with a bomb strapped to me and if not one happens to spot me nothing will happen?

Granted this is something in the skies and not the ground, but I still find it suprising that there are no ground security cameras that would at least catch something in the sky at a low frame rate. Then again I have never flown (not out of fear, more out of a love of driving) so I admittedly don't know all that much about airport security.

So what is your opinion of this then snafu, disinfo or the real thing?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

well what if the other source that was listening to the controller at the time was paid to say that. what if both of them have been paid to say what they are saying. what if they were'nt even paid they just do this for a deeper reason. like i said what if this is all made up? sure they say there are witnesses but were there really? just part of the story to make it seem more real? and if they do come up with some witnesses..are they being paid? are they saying what they were told to say? get what im saying?

what if the moon were actually made of green cheese? too many what ifs in your post for me. of course, you are free to believe whatever you want, but i personally think that if the government tried to tell controllers from whom they have taken pay and to whom they have increased the workload to lie to the media, the exact words for the controller would be something like "go *&%$ yourself."

Originally posted by SkyWay

Maybe if the information were not withheld from us for 2 months! we would be able to submit the requests within the 15 days. That's kind of underhanded...to require requests for information to be submitted within 15 days but the information is not revealed to the public for 2 months. That isn't really a requirement to obtain information. What it really amounts to is a denial of information.

according to the National UFO Reporting Center, the incident was reported less than a week after it happened. so i think my response would be "why didnt an entity whose sole purpose is to investigate ufos ask the faa for the tapes before they were erased?"

here's the source for that report:

nuforc.org

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
So what is your opinion of this then snafu, disinfo or the real thing?

honestly, i dont know. but i can say that they definitely have some very convincing witnesses. you dont get too much more expert than pilots and aircraft mechanics. my question would be the same as everyone else's:

why a major international airport? was there something of significance there that day that we are missing?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

what if the moon were actually made of green cheese?

who am i to say that its not. just because someone who thinks they are in charge tells me its made out of cheese i am just suppose to automatically belive them? i have never been to the moon so i dont know if its made of green cheese or not.

too many what ifs in your post for me. of course, you are free to believe whatever you want, but i personally think that if the government tried to tell controllers from whom they have taken pay and to whom they have increased the workload to lie to the media, the exact words for the controller would be something like "go *&%$ yourself."

forget about the real controllers for a min.
what i am saying is that there may have not even been a sighting there. i mean come on. the interview with the so called witness on the rense mp3 said it hovered there for 20 min! 20 min and not one single snap shot of this thing? this witness imo was not even close to the airport on that night. the controllers you are reading about doesnt even work there. do you get what im saying?? could the witnesses and controller be cia getting on the radio and tv saying that this happened. yet no witnesses or photos even people that live there say that they have never heard about the story untill they got on here. so what its on the news! doesnt make it real. radio or tv.
ever heard what happened when the war of the worlds was broadcast on the radio in the 1930s?

On October 30th, 1938, the United States experienced mass hysteria--most pronounced on the east coast in New York and New Jersey--in response to a radio broadcast put on by Orson Welles and his Mercury Theater On The Air. The public reaction has prompted decades of research into mass hysteria, been used as a model by the military around the world to design information warfare against enemy troops and civilian populace, and used as the most compelling reason to protect the public from the knowledge of the presence of aliens on Earth.
www.war-of-the-worlds.org...

i guess you can say that whatever you see or hear on tv or radio or internet or newspapers...etc....could be a pile of @%x*. but how do we know what real and whats not you ask? that for you to decide. but if you belive something without no facts, nothing but seeing it on fox news (example) or some idiot comes on the radio and blabs about life from somewhere in this universe just hoovered for 20 min at a very busy airport....but he is the only one talking? that town should have been lit up with all kinds of people yelling about it. if that really happened there is no way the information would have been held down like it is with this story. nobody saying anything no pictures no nothing. cia? probably.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
*NEW ARTICLE*

Here's a new article I just saw on MSNBC.com

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I check out the National UFO Reporting Center website just about every week to see if anybody has reported anything in my area and I saw that Chicago Airport report a day or so after it was posted on that site back in November.
It's funny because when reading it, I then googled it up and was amazed that there were no news reports about it even though the witness for that report certainly came across as a credible one which was what Davenport noted in that posting also.
At any rate, I'm scratching my head why they waited so long to broadcast it in the news... that's very strange and it's my guess whomever and whatever had some material information to gather up about that incident and dispose of it before that story got out to the wider public.
The fact is, there's bound to be someone in a small crowd who's carrying a cell phone that allows them to either take photo's or short movies and I have no doubt that some movies were taken of that UFO by those employee's of that airport .... no doubt at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

About the hole in the clouds, wouldn't that be consistent with a saucer that had some sort of a force field around it? A plane would just disappear into the clouds, but something with a repellent field might make the hole.

Exactly. A fast moving jet aircraft or rocket would certainly disturb the vapor molecules but wouldn't create a perfect whole in them. Only a force which was pushing on every single air molecule would do that.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

forget about the real controllers for a min.
what i am saying is that there may have not even been a sighting there. i mean come on.....could the witnesses and controller be cia getting on the radio and tv saying that this happened.

i think everyone with a 5th grade education knows about orson wells's broadcast...and this event didnt exactly scare anyone into committing suicide, now did it?

as for the rest of it.....for what purpose? what could possibly be the purpose of the government telling the people about a siting that never actually happened? sorry, but that just doesnt make any sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
CNN Headline News actually did a serious report of this story tonite. The gentleman they interviewed said that it took some time for him to gain the trust of the people who saw the object before he could get their statements. The airline (I think that is United) told them not to discuss it but he was able to get their statements under the condition of anonymity and states that at least 12 credible people made statements of what they saw. I was impressed with the story they reported.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Update on military units in and around O'Hare;

from Wikipedia-
The original Douglas plant on the northeast side evolved into an Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve facility, but this was closed in 1998 and is now being redeveloped for cargo and general aviation. Signature Flight Support services private aircraft in this area.Wikipedia

The Navy base in Glenview (north of O'Hare) is long gone, now it's mostly houses.

I know some folks who work at O'Hare, a little digging is in order...

-Bear

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can't add much in the way of information, so my apologies.

What i can add is that i'm impressed with the research you guys have been doing. This, in my humble opinion, could be one of the breakthrough UFO sightings we've been waiting for.

It is rare that you get something over such a public area, let alone an airport.

Keep up the good work and i'll keep lurking

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i really do find this interesting. i have an odd feeling why they are posting practically the same article on every news source. its kind of like the guy who cuts a stinky one and then in a weak attempt to draw attention away starts going on loudly about the garbage smelling funny. you arent fooling anybody. haha

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I find it totally incredable if not self debunking that there is not one survelence video, cell picture or a camera shot of an object with major significance if real.

On the other hand the long silence may indeed have been time for someone to ensure a complete cover up before allowing this story to come to light.

It would take a lot of time to make sure no evidence was on what must be 100's of survelance camera's around a major airport.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My bad. It was already on here!

[edit on 2-1-2007 by kleverone]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join