It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mursilis
First Time to Comment... The Aircraft Landing shot appears to be taken from ground level... The original report stated the "Object" was below the Cloud layer; to me that would mean a relative "Clean" atmosphere with high and low cloud formations Not a "Foggy Hazy" situation. The "Phone Shot" appears to be shot from some substantial Height, since you are looking "Through" the Haze...The "Object" appears closer than the "Runway Lights"... If So, the object is not very large. I don't think there would be that much contrast in shading between the top and bottom of the "Object"... If it were only as "High" as reported it should get "LIT" a bit by the Lighting below... Also; depending on it's atmospheric "Drive", hanging there, there should be some "Field Effects), or "Luminosity" in the area around the craft... When it departed. and left a substantial hole in the clouds, the "Object" had to be of considerable size, and "Power" as the "Cloud Hole" was definitely a "Technogenic" effect caused by a "Repulsor Drive Field"!!! If the witnesses' are to be believed. The Picture is a "Doctor Job" "Here Endeth the Epistle"

Au Contraire, Mon Frere! You must be sipping some potent potables! As a member of ATS, you should know better than to state definitive conclusions on any evidence presented to this forum BEFORE the analysis and investigation of the material evidence is completed and finalized by those highly esteemed experts on this forum.

There are still too many very significant details about this photograph that need further analysis before a decision is reached by those experts if this photograph is showing that UFO seen at the O'Hare airport last November - or not. Until then, it would be best to first acknowledge that this investigation of this photo is still pending and then state that these are your 'tentative conclusions' and so on... at least for the time being.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
jritz

Really nice map overlay.
I only mention the "top of map is not north" so that people looking realize it.

I do not think your map's "Up" is North, compare it to a map that has the top as North.

In the upper left of your photo/map, that is runway is 4R, correct? That means as it is approached, the heading is arround 40 degrees, about NorthEast. Look at the orientation of the terminal buildings compared to an O'hare map and the roads near the runway. You top is then Southwest.

O'Hare map

Your photo - map overlay

One of your research post with compass rose showing

You work looks great..

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz There are obviously people who are confirmed witnesses to this sighting. We know that the reporter/writer at the Tribune is in contact with these witnesses. Don't you think that if this photo were to be "the one" it would of or will be confirmed by any of the witnesses? The Tribune might even print such a photo..maybe. Worry about the photo verification when either a declaration from a bonafide witnesses comes forward in regards to a photo OR when the media and "experts" tell you that the photo or video from a witness is edited. I have never witnessed such a huge waste of energy as I have on this one picture. Sorry to be critical but if it's real we should all be able to tell by the reaction from those that were actually there that day. On another note beware of those that casually mention anything to do with security clearances.

AS

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The fact is that we don't know anything more about this story than what has already been reported. There are other clues which I have already identified and there seems to be little or no use of all this creative talent in finding the answers to. Wha and why was the military there during the sighting? What about the diverted flights during the sighting timeframe? Does anyone know any Ohare cops? Come on guys I think we can all agree something definitely happened that shook alot of people up. Lets look at the Airports reaction.

AS

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think the below statements of this editorial from The Exponent Online points out very clearly what our concerns should be about that O'Hare UFO sighting:

There should be an investigation about the sighting, if for no other reason than the fact that objects flying over restricted airspace could cause accidents killing hundreds of people. Maybe it wasn't a UFO, but the public deserves to know their plane isn't going to be blindsided upon runway approach by a weather balloon. And maybe, during the investigation, we find out what visited O'Hare. The truth is out there.

The Exponent Online

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow, look at the Fleet of UFOs in the comparable pictures.

From what i see I'd have to agree with water drop too. Not saying something didn't happen that day as there where witness' to some sort of odd sighting, but that picture is a hoax. I'd like to see the real sighting, not a water drop on the lens.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Dark_Raven]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I too believe the O'Hare UFO story, don't get me wrong, but this picture is whack!

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok this time I used 3DSMax AND Photoshop to recreate what was posted, entirely created from the ‘congestion photo’ from Google, this is a mock up of the hoax, to show how easy it is to fake.

I had to remove the plane lights and rotate the image 8 degrees, and then I overlaid a 3D model of an M&M shaped object on top of the image and saved with 80% jpeg compression ratio, I altered the colour balance and added some blurring and hey presto!

This is as close as I can get to the photo that was posted here and I think it shows, without a doubt, how easy it is to create this type of hoax.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by phanton]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live a long way from Chicago, so no foot work for me. There is info to be had but if seems like people around the airport are the one's in the know. There must be a whole lot a chit chat going on, some of it should contain truth. Maybe the eye witnesses will fill in more in time.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If the O'Hare event did in fact happen, there will be more pictures. So why waste your time trying to confirm the legitimacy of this one? There are plenty of reasons to believe that it is fake and only a couple reasons to believe the contrary. There is NO WAY to prove conclusively that this picture is fake, short of the person who made it or posted it telling us so. You have to use common sense.

And even if you could somehow prove it's real, no one would care because it is probably among the most unspectacular and obscure UFO photos ever taken.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76
So why waste your time trying to confirm the legitimacy of this one?

I think because some people are still like "I believe it's real!", they are the ones who could in fact be the disinfo-agents, saying they believe such a stupid hoax makes the rest of us look stupid.

Tear it apart, rip it tae shreds! And then slap the disinfo-agents with a wet fish! IMO

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
>>>You have voted phanton for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anyone notice that Ishihara visited Chicago that he
had a pizza and probably a hamburger. The adobe
digital signatures below Content appear to be identical
at abovetopsecret and ishihara hamburger... same
copy of Adobe.

www.ishilab.net...

/ynk4ez
aircongestion.jpg 01-Jun-2006 16:23

/24thvt
hamburger.jpg 01-Jun-2006 16:22

John

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The picture in question appears to be a forgery and not a good one, due to parallel alignment of the craft with the point of view of the photo. I know there have been sightings where craft were said to "wobble", but the odds of the craft being parallel to the point of view would be slim to none, especially perfectly parallel.

As far as the discrepency between the weather conditions of the photo in question. I would guess that due to the low resolution of the camera phone, the skies do match the skies of the construction photo.

So either we have a real photo with a drunken alien behind the "wheel" or another hoaxer.

I do find it odd how it took so long for a photo to come out but unfortunatly cannot accept the photo as real.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One thing I have been thinking about is my statement a couple pages back that I believe it to be a water droplet of some sort on the window. Now it is awefully cold here in the suburbs of Chicago right now, but I still splashed some water on the outside of my sliding glass door to see what it looks like.

Exactly like the "UFO" in this picture ... if IT WAS ALSO PARALLEL! I didn't even think of that ... the same argument used to say that it can't be a UFO because it is level with the shot and not the ground can be used for the water drop. All the water drops that I have been able to recreate will have a darkened bottom only parallel to the ground (and will have a similar shape due to gravity, etc). If you rotate this pic so that the ground is level, you have the object at 8 to 10 degrees off. While it's probably POSSIBLE for a water drop to be at a wierd angle like that, I am now leaning away from the water drop theory.

Which leaves me ... back at square one.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Tribune Reporter has been on vacation since the story hit the web. I was on the phone with Linda Moulten Howe yesterday and she got through to the Managing Editor of the Trib who confirmed this.

Soon as he gets back from vacation I fully intend to speak with him about witnesses who can look at this picture and share whet they have to share. Unfortunately for us it appears the "witness" we had, "rampagentX", has gone to ground.

All of you who are recreating this image and thinking you've proven the picture a hoax might want to look back several pages in this thread and read what the experts have said about that issue.

The jury is still out on this one in my mind until I see another shot that destroys this one or confirms it AND our professional imaging experts (these guys wrote the book on photoshop, I don't mean that figuratively either
) make a call one way or the other.

There is a whole lot we don't know yet, but in spite of that I still believe this sighting happened, I'm with the poster above, WHY are the authorities so non-involved about this sort of risk over the 3rd busiest airport in the country in a post 9/11 America?!

More to follow...

Springer...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There not involved because for the sake of National Security they can not admit that they do not have control of the airspace.

"National Security" means to be in control of aspects they can be in control of ie "the public preception" not that they can actual enforce security over something they have no control of ie "the airspace being infiltrated by UFO's".

This has always been the case when they state for reasons of "National Security" it is not that they fear some other nation will get ahold of a classified secret on the subject it is the fear that if the American public truely knew the "truth" ie that we could at any time or place be attacked by a force we have little knowledge or defense against that this fear could promote total chaos in our society.

So their reasoning is that it is for the sake of our own personal sense of security so that we may live our daily lives as normal, un incumbered by the threat of an "alien" enemy.

This in turn provides "national Security" as you do not have mass people wigging out about the unknown.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by robertfenix]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by robertfenix]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
All of you who are recreating this image and thinking you've proven the picture a hoax might want to look back several pages in this thread and read what the experts have said about that issue.

The media is bidding for the real photos and someone gives up all that money and posts it here? wtf?

The jury is still out on this one in my mind until I see another shot that destroys this one or confirms it AND our professional imaging experts (these guys wrote the book on photoshop, I don't mean that figuratively either
) make a call one way or the other.

Well I'm calling hoax on the photo, but that's just my opinion, and I've been using Photoshop for years and years and could write my own book on it too.

There is a whole lot we don't know yet, but in spite of that I still believe this sighting happened

I'm in agreement with you on that, the sighting DID happen, but that photo is nonsense. Who gives up a barrel of money to post on ATS?

I'm with the poster above, WHY are the authorities so non-involved about this sort of risk over the 3rd busiest airport in the country in a post 9/11 America?!

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
While it's probably POSSIBLE for a water drop to be at a wierd angle like that, I am now leaning away from the water drop theory.

Forgive me for the schleppy arrows. Not only is it "probably possible", it's highly probable.

There is something going on here and ATS's "professionals" are in on it. Is this some kind of test or something?

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

WHY are the authorities so non-involved about this sort of risk over the 3rd busiest airport in the country in a post 9/11 America?!

while I firmly believe that something did occur at Ohare on that day, wouldn't the non-involvement imply that this was not an issue and, therefore, the event is not the issue we all seem to be favoring as a hell of a ufo sighting?

if there was some kind of gov't activity, even if only briefly, it would certainly prove that something was seen. Nothing at all is a bit odd.

Not sure if anyone has looked into this but did any of the air traffic controllers have a look at this thing? are there any logs or reports or any flight transcripts that can be checked? With all the traffic that airport sees on a daily basis, one would think that the presence of something that might be an aircraft of some kind would certainly result in the traffic controllers trying to get their flights in and out of the airport without incident.

Is it not odd that the reporter who broke the story, and then did a round of interviews has been silent for so long? What kind of a reporter breaks a story that could very well be the biggest story of his life, hell the biggest story ever, and then takes a vacation? Take a look at how hard our members are looking into this thing. Take a look at how much time and energy is being devoted to the picture. A reporter who broke the story would be all over this. He'd forgo vacation and pleasure to keep digging until the whole onion was peeled.

very odd indeed.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join