Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
snafu... no intent to disparage ATC. I'm a pilot myself (GA) and have nothing but respect for ATC. My point was this: The only people involved in the incident and afterwards that off-handedly disregarded it as nothing significant were FAA employees. Perhaps they got a call or there was a policy in-place. You seem to discount that from firest-hand knowledge. I defer. However, if the pilots and mechanics I know said they saw something like this I could say with complete confidence that it wasn't some 'weather phenomenon'.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey, my local paper actually had a segment on this today! Had all the FAA denial nonsense, but at least they actually mentioned it, which rarely happens. Hopefully enough folks come forward to refute the FAA's nonsense.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I live right by Ohare and I can tell you there is no Military bases near it, the closest one is somewhere north of the city and I think its a Navy Base, Ohare is more in the NW Suburb area. I didn't see it on the news either which is odd because you would think a sighting at an airport would be significant because you cant really mistake it for "identifiable" aircraft that you could easily compare it to.

Federal officials say that the cloud coverage made it a suitable condition to "see things" from light reflecting off clouds. Anyone know of any examples of this? Didn't think so...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The number 4 viewed story on msnbc.com

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The number 4 viewed story on cnn.com

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's as if all the major news agencies copied and pasted the exact same report. Lazy.......

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2-1-2007 by classified material]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't remember seeing a story of this nature receive so much coverage from our major networks. Now, as I understand it, other countries never hesitate to cover such things. This must mean that some sort of disclosure is at hand. Very Exciting.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
snafu... no intent to disparage ATC. I'm a pilot myself (GA) and have nothing but respect for ATC.

i have my private ticket as well.....only wish i had more time to use it (3 month old son). thanks for the vote of confidence.

My point was this: The only people involved in the incident and afterwards that off-handedly disregarded it as nothing significant were FAA employees. Perhaps they got a call or there was a policy in-place. You seem to discount that from firest-hand knowledge. I defer.

as controllers, we tend to joke about ufos. a good many of us have had our own experiences, and are pretty sure that there is something out there that hasnt been explained yet. for years there definitely was a government practice of convincing both pilots and controllers not to report them (not through intimidation, but through a huge pile of paperwork for each incident), and that is where alot of the casual attitude comes from. but that day has long since past, and faa management simply doesnt care about them anymore.

However, if the pilots and mechanics I know said they saw something like this I could say with complete confidence that it wasn't some 'weather phenomenon'.

i agree completely, and if you read my initial two posts on this thread, i say just that. i'm not discounting the expert opinion of pilots and mechanics, i'm simply saying that i seriously doubt a coverup by faa management because i know from personal experience that they simply dont care about ufos.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Intriguing, this made the newspapers here in Melbourne, Australia. I saw it in today's Rupert Murdoch owned, The Australian.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I heard about this on the radio this morning, and not on NPR or a news type station but on my alt-rock station!
Then this afternoon I saw it in the most viewed stories on Yahoo...
news.yahoo.com...

Why is this popular 5 months after the fact I wonder?

Wig

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Perhaps the control tower could not see it because it was above their field of view.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why isn't there and pictures or video of this occurence. One would think that an airport would have camera's all over, recording flights coming and going, not just for security.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is very strange. First and foremost, I find it strange that pretty much every "reputable" (I use that term very lightly) news source just copied the AP article instead of writing something up on their own.

I don't know why but I'm getting a strong whiff of disinfo here. And unfortunately I get the sense that it's the "nothing really happened but let's see what the public's reaction to a supposed event is" kind. Of course these witnessess would have all had to been in on it and that's kind of a stretch as well.

All I know is that I've been back in the Chicago burbs for a little over a month now and I had not a heard a thing about this until I saw the thread on ATS a few weeks ago. I'm gonna do some digging around and see what I can come up with.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Why isn't there and pictures or video of this occurence. One would think that an airport would have camera's all over, recording flights coming and going, not just for security.

I find this to be very strange as well. You can't tell me O'Hare, one of the world's busiest airport, keeps no visual records of incoming and outgoing flights. Heck, I would have said that BEFORE 9/11 too.

So once again I think the only two options here are disinfo or an actual event. Weather phenomena can be shown with some video, no?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Perhaps the control tower could not see it because it was above their field of view.

you know, i hadnt thought about that, but it's a very good point. if you look at the ohare airport diagram i posted back on page one, you'll see that the "c" terminal is quite close to the tower. the object was reported to be at approximately 700 ft AGL, which would be a good 550 ft above the tower, and possibly out of the controller's line of site. there is a definite cone of invisibility close in around the tower, which is why it is situated so far back from all of the runways.

way to think outside the box, wig!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is simply ridiculous.... Something is going on here, and I wanna know what the hell it is.... why did it take 2 months to come out with this????
Possible answer..... So the Gov't. had the time to talk to all the witnesses.
And why has no one stepped forward with a picture or better yet a video.....
Oh wait the gov't. probably has confiscated them.... I smell a major cover up going on, but we the people need to prevent it.... contact all the major news stations and demand them to seek answers.....

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

I find this to be very strange as well. You can't tell me O'Hare, one of the world's busiest airport, keeps no visual records of incoming and outgoing flights. Heck, I would have said that BEFORE 9/11 too.

visual records? you mean like videotaping all flights? do you know how expensive that would be? the answer is no...we record and keep all radar and voice recordings for 15 days and then, if there is no incident or request to hold them for any reason, they are erased and re-used.

the lesson being to all of you would-be ufo hunters out there, if you want to see or hear the air traffic tapes of an incident, you need to put it in writing and submit the request within 15 days.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Skynews have it up as well

news.sky.com...

impressive

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

the lesson being to all of you would-be ufo hunters out there, if you want to see or hear the air traffic tapes of an incident, you need to put it in writing and submit the request within 15 days.

include a SASE, allow 6-8 weeks for delivery....

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by whatukno
yes there were multiple credible witnesses including pilots that saw the UFO I just wonder if the NTSB and the FAA are hiding the radar evidence?

as it's pretty obvious from the reports that the controllers didnt see the event take place....they were even joking about it on the radio. that wouldnt have happened if they had seen it. there would have been alot of discussion about it on the frequency as it would have been a safety hazard had they seen it.

what if the controllers that joked about it on the radio wasnt the real controllers that were working that night? what if they work for the cia and this is just a made up story? what if this is just some kind of mind game?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Currently the #1 viewed story on cnn.com wow!

That's over all other news stories like the Ford funeral ect.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join