It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

I was just thinking, maybe it's regarded as such a good hoax because it came from a very real photograph with very little actual editing to it.

I need to disagree.

If this is the congestion photo with a ufo edited in, than that picture was heavily edited. With so many changes made to the picture, there has got to be SOME evidence of tampering.

Unfortunatly, as was pointed out earlier, most likely someone used their cell phone to take a picture of a computer screen, and that would cover up many many artifacts left over from editing.(if the picture is a hoax, I think I'm gonna pay attention to what JR comes up with...)

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by cosmo dag
Wow, what a coup for ATS. I hope this will help push this issue into some more mainstream media. Is there a thread about the pic the Air Force Col. took? I haven't heard of it. (Not to get off topic.).

It was posted on here a week or so back, the image provided is just a distance shot of 3 yellow lights in a triangular formation, no mention of being able to see th ecraft, ill try to find it for you.

www.wnd.com...

it was "debunked" this morning apparently, but Im not buying it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It put the information we have at this point in perspective. And the implications of the current findings are very serious and should remain in the mainstream news media until the facts are verified by many independent researchers meaning ATS! Go Team!

STM

[edit on 25-1-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi,
I heard about this picture on coast to coast am while driving home a couple hours earlier and it intrigued me.

I own and am the admin at photochopz.com which is a forum dedicated to photo manipulation. I've been doing photo editing and manipulation for several years. It started as a hoby of mine years back but I liked it so much that I've dedicated my life and career to the art.

Anyway, after studying this picture for the last hour I've come to the conclusion that there just isn't any way to tell. Although it would be very easy to duplicate, even the duplications would be hard to tell weather they are real or not. When your dealing with a picture that is as low quality and taken at such a distance as this one is, its just to hard to tell if its real.

My Conclusion:
Yes it could easily be duplicated but that doesn't mean that its fake.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
Unfortunatly, as was pointed out earlier, most likely someone used their cell phone to take a picture of a computer screen, and that would cover up many many artifacts left over from editing.

Pooh pooh the theroy of taking it off a PC screen, someone tried this eariler with little sucsses, what would be intresting, however, would be to see if any of our local Image Pro's could devise a way to insert a "ufo" in a picture, and somehow manipulate it so that when checked out, would show no editing.

d1k

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

If this is cpngestion photo with a ufo edited in, than that picture was heavily edited. With so many changes made to the picturethere has got to be SOME evidence of tampering.

Thats the thing though, there didn't have to be anything edited "in". There was something already there, at that exact spot in the original picture. That top level plane just had to get a minor edit.

Then the other planes just had to be edited out. People don't usually look at blank space in the sky so anyone not looking wouldn't think there was something there that was edited out. They would have all their attention to the UFO. I'm sure if people really looked they might be able to see some trace of the removed planes.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Unfortunatly, as was pointed out earlier, most likely someone used their cell phone to take a picture of a computer screen, and that would cover up many many artifacts left over from editing.

Pooh pooh the theroy of taking it off a PC screen, someone tried this eariler with little sucsses, what would be intresting, however, would be to see if any of our local Image Pro's could devise a way to insert a "ufo" in a picture, and somehow manipulate it so that when checked out, would show no editing.

No.... that person misunderstood why I thought that that photo was taken by a cellphone off the monitor ... he did not disprove that theory but I didn't want to disagree with him at that time.
The artifacts on Mr. Zero's photo can only be from a low quality camera. Somehow, he did the artwork and then took a photo with his cellphone or webcam of it to get those surface artifacts we see in such photo's taken with such cams.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by photochopz
I own and am the admin at photochopz.com which is a forum dedicated to photo manipulation. I've been doing photo editing and manipulation for several years. It started as a hoby of mine years back but I liked it so much that I've dedicated my life and career to the art.

1st thing, welcome to ATS, if you are good with imaging, and breaking down images and finding info from images, you no doubt will be a popular person on these fourms.

I was wondering if you caould answer some questions, first the one i stated in my previous post reguarding weather or not you can "hide" that a photo was tampered with.

Also, there is an image that has a strikingly similar angle and aperence as the one that is shoing the suposed UFO, is there any way you could compare the images in question, and compare some critical points to see if the photos are of the same source, with one just edited, or just an amazing coincidence.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

The artifacts on Mr. Zero's photo can only be from a low quality camera. Somehow, he did the artwork and then took a photo with his cellphone or webcam of it to get those surface artifacts we see in such photo's taken with such cams.

The only problem I have with the theory of the use of a low quality camera, is that all low quality cell cameras blur the photo with the slightest movement. I would have a hard time thinking someone could snap a photo while taking off in an airplane with a bad cell camera, and have it come out so unblurred.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Now thats Interesting!

How did you do that?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's a fleet of blimps!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Okay, that was impressive. Welcome to ATS indeed.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

1st thing, welcome to ATS, if you are good with imaging, and breaking down images and finding info from images, you no doubt will be a popular person on these fourms.

I was wondering if you caould answer some questions, first the one i stated in my previous post reguarding weather or not you can "hide" that a photo was tampered with.

Also, there is an image that has a strikingly similar angle and aperence as the one that is shoing the suposed UFO, is there any way you could compare the images in question, and compare some critical points to see if the photos are of the same source, with one just edited, or just an amazing coincidence.

Thanks for the welcome.

To answer your question yes, there are many ways to compare a picture and see if and how it was edited.
You mention another similar picture, let me see the other picture and I will take a look at it and see what I can find.

Ohh, ya, that pic I just did with the 3 ufo's, I was just messing around and did that one in about 30 seconds. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
top photo -- congestion photo
middle is Mr. Zero's photo
bottom large photo is jritzmanns' reproduction (fantastic job jeff!)

There are differences

NOTE: Refresh page -- I just moved the images up a little and then re-uploaded it onto my server.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

bottom lare photo is Jeff's reproduction
there are differences

Indeed there are.

There is one building that has several bright white lights on it's corners in the reproduced and congestion images, but the lights aren't in the UFO photo.

If it is a hoax, would they go to the trouble to take those lights out?

d1k

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The only difference in the background that I see is the tilt of the photo, which can very easily be done. The rest is just removing the planes and making a minor change to the top level plane. Darken up the picture and viola. The background is identical, which puts the last nail in the coffin as a fake picture for me.

Well. reading the above post about the lights....now I'm back to not being so sure lol. I don't see the lights on the horizon that are in the planes picture either...Who wants to blow up the background in each picture so we can compare?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by d1k]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
The only difference in the background that I see is the tilt of the photo, which can very easily be done. The rest is just removing the planes and making a minor change to the top level plane. Darken up the picture and viola. The background is identical, which puts the last nail in the coffin as a fake picture for me.

The background IS NOT identical. Read my post above yours

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

bottom lare photo is Jeff's reproduction
there are differences

Indeed there are.

There is one building that has several bright white lights on it's corners in the reproduced and congestion images, but the lights aren't in the UFO photo.

If it is a hoax, would they go to the trouble to take those lights out?

Good eyes, I would guess similar positions, but not exactly the same timing.

d1k

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

The background IS NOT identical. Read my post above yours

You're too quick! I was editing it to include your info

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join