It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Did he in fact use that congestion photo for his UFO photograph?

Thats the ten million dollar question. Wish I had a definitive answer for ya.

For fun, I might try and duplicate what process I think might have been employed. I stress though, anything can be duplicated, and it essentially proves nothing other then it *could* have been done whatever way.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'll try it too.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
... it's UFO image that I'm focusing on and I'm very interested in finding out those processes the hoaxer used to get that congestion photo to look like Mr. Zero's photo (his photo/image).
Did he in fact use that congestion photo for his UFO photograph?

It just seems to me that the two photos match up too exactly to be just a coincidence. The photos would need to have been taken from the exact same spot. That is if we discount that they were taken by a stationary security camera and possibly taken instead by a Japanese businessman:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I want to join my partner and friend SkepticOverlord in his praise of this community.

This is a grand example of our site's community maturing into a cohesive group of critical yet open minded thinkers.

While many here seem to have made up their minds about this photo I have not. I will defer to the ultra world class experts who I have talked with today and who some of whom have spoken in this very thread as to the pros and cons of this photo and its authenticity or lack of.

I would also add that IF this is a hoax, I have it on SOLID authority it was done at the highest levels of professionalism and THAT is very interesting to me no matter how this turns out.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So springer, how long until you to go air?

I'm listening to C2C at the moment, and since i'm in Australia i'm not up with the hours the show goes for over here. For me it is mid afternoon to dinner time.

So, just an estimate in hours and minutes from now, how long until ATS hits C2C?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Springer will hit the airwaves in just under a half hour

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Thanks mate

I've gotta go for a drive, but i'll be sure to be back for this.

I'm very proud of ATS today

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If this picture was taken from a Jet waiting for takeoff, then that would explain why the two images are taken from a very similar vantage point looking down the same runway.

Similar to the way this Aircraft is positioned. ( This also at O'Hare from the Google Maps Satellite image.)

[edit on 24-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

im not saying it is or it isnt but im going to throw this out there.... it looks like a drop of water on the lense.

Maybe someone's mentioned this, couldn't go through ALL the pages, but anyone ever consider that the water droplet is on a window that the photographer is looking out of? (not the lens) Seriously, most places of elevation in an airport are likely to be more accessible as an interior place, such as a gate, connecting hall, etc. It makes sense that any pics of the tarmac would likely be through a large window. Without a flash, it could very well pick up a water droplet on a window...and the phone was likely held pretty close to the window....

Just playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, and pointing out a possibility....

EDIT: Good luck on the show Springer!!!

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just tried to make that congestion photo look like that UFO photo (without the UFO but left the 2 bright lights at the top in) .. see image to the right. To the left are those 2 photos. Took me a few minutes to do this but just trying to figure out how the hoaxer did it.

my reproduction

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
you know what would solve all this...if a witness from that day could give us their opinion. since your getting on the air, maybe there a chance a witness could view the pic and say thats it...or nope...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
well heres my rather poor attempt, at reproducing a ufo image from the congestion photo provided. the object is a little bigger than the original.
i dont even have access to photoshop here at work mind you, was using some dodgy macromedia app.

and if its worth anything, ill think you find it has no "adobe" or "macromedia" incoded into it when opened in a hex editor.

HERE

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Like I said, the translation was pretty bad, but is it possible that this is the guy who took the airport congestion photo (rather than it being from a stationary security camera). Can anyone read the original Japanese post to get more clues? I do realize that even if this guy claims to have taken the photo, that doesn't mean it's actually a photo taken by him (but the dates do match). However, if it was taken from a hand-help camera, that would make the odds of it being taken from the exact same vantage point as the alleged UFO pic pretty slim, IMHO.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

Konnichiwa... long time lurker, first time poster...

The blogger is talking about a convention (and a tutorial he gave) in Chicago. He stayed near the airport, and ate too much. He makes quite a point of the calorie intake (500ml sodas, steaks, hamburgers), and mentions that after meals everyone needed to take a walk around the hotel.

The pictures show what he saw around the hotel when out walking off the steak. That`s all.

Sorry, but you did ask...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is one AWESOME thread!

Can someone PLEASE record the C2C interview with springer so we can all listen to it. I unfortunately can not listen to it live because I am at work.

This needs to be recorded for history purposes! and because I want to hear it too

I'm going to try and reproduce the image also.

GO SPRINGER!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

bulgarian ufo footage

I dont know if i did this right, but isnt the UFO in the ohare pic darn near identical to this bulgarian one off www.ufodigest.com
I just thought the resemblence was stricking....

[edit on 24-1-2007 by origin]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised by the amount of people on the discussion that are so apt to call this a hoax. The only apparent "evidence" IMO that supports the UFO photo is a hoax is the other picture of the airport congestion. Yes its more than ironic that the photo is from the same vantage point -

but we HAVE to consider the possiblity that the photo came from a survelliance camera or another stationary airfield camera. This should not be a point taken lightly guys! Search google for ohare survelliance camera and you will find articles mentioning over 2000 video survelliance camera's in o'hares security camera network.

As such - I think it is *very* plausible that this is a photo captured by a video survelliance camera! The fact that this photo was released by an anonymous poster through a proxy could reflect that it was posted by an employee of united or possibly from a government agency that collected the video/imagery from the camera's at o'hare.

I point this out because theories are flying about the government throwing this out there for disinfo - but you have to keep in mind that it might not be!

In my humble opinion - and after reviewing all the posted messages on this thread - I'm still not 100% convinced that it ISNT a hoax. Everytime I've seen a hoax the poster of the image has tried their hardest to convince everyone on the board that it isn't - yet our anonymous poster hasn't said a word. I think this leans more of a possiblity that it is not a hoax because the anonymous poster is possibly at risk for exposing it.

Lets keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Like I said, the translation was pretty bad, but is it possible that this is the guy who took the airport congestion photo (rather than it being from a stationary security camera). Can anyone read the original Japanese post to get more clues? I do realize that even if this guy claims to have taken the photo, that doesn't mean it's actually a photo taken by him (but the dates do match). However, if it was taken from a hand-help camera, that would make the odds of it being taken from the exact same vantage point as the alleged UFO pic pretty slim, IMHO.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

Konnichiwa... long time lurker, first ti

me poster...

The blogger is talking about a convention (and a tutorial he gave) in Chicago. He stayed near the airport, and ate too much. He makes quite a point of the calorie intake (500ml sodas, steaks, hamburgers), and mentions that after meals everyone needed to take a walk around the hotel.

The pictures show what he saw around the hotel when out walking off the steak. That`s all.

Sorry, but you did ask...

So he claims to have taken the "congestion" photo from the hotel, and not from a plane on the runway?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So he claims to have taken the "congestion" photo from the hotel, and not from a plane on the runway?

There is no way this picture is from the Hotel, it's clearly between the taxi lane and the runway.

That is why it's most likely IMO both pictures were taken from an Aircraft waiting to pull onto the runway just like this one in the picture below. That also explains why both pictures both seem to be taken from a similar vantage point.

Here is a picture taken out of a window from an Aircraft that just turned on the Taxiway. ( O'Hare )

P.S. break a leg Springer!

[edit on 24-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

He claims to have taken the photos while walking around near the hotel. Theres not much commentary on them. They`re just some random travel pics.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Ummm, no, that would have been an hour and half from then my man!

NOW, a little over 30 minutes till air time...
Gad we love our Masqua but I swear him and clocks just never seem to agree, he shows up early for every staff meeting too!

I just don't want anyone tuning in, not getting it and giving up.

The show starts in about 22 minutes from right now (10:00pm Pacific, 12:00am Central, 1:00am Eastern) and I'll be on around 15 minutes after the hour.

It can be heard live at www.kfi640.com among others... Simply click the listen live button and follow the directions. Of course if your local am radio station carries it (they all do it seems) listen to it on the radio!

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join