It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
rense.gsradio.net:8080...

Here is the last night interview with Peter Davenport On O'Hare UFO in Jef Renswe Radio program ..

Informative...enjoy !

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I just had the weirdest thing happen while reading this. I was reading it, excited a major sighting happened, when my soon to be mother in-law comes in and pokes me. I turn around and she goes:

"I was awoken from a dead sleep, last night I saw what I thought was UFO and more people saw it and I heard a loud noise just now from the sky. You don't think they are evil do you?"

I don't know why but it creeped me out due to I only vist ATS about 20 minutes a night before bed. The chances of me being in a UFO topic and that happening seem slim.

Any more UFO sightings yesterday? Figure it could be related.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The first time I heard of it was yesterday, on Wolf Blitzer's show. (CNN) Wolf said, "I WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES." It was treated as a SERIOUS topic.
I have since heard it twice on FOX.
If that hole was like what the FOUR UFOs over my back yard did, it would look like a cookie-cutter hole....evenly made.
(Mine hovered, showing bright white light through the holes. It was at night.)
As to the MOTIVE of the ETs....we don't know. They could be just sight-seeing.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said company officials don't recall discussing any such incident from Nov. 7."

At least one O'Hare controller, union official Craig Burzych, was amused by it all.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable"

lol thats from the Fox News report

That guy has a point tho, why would they come here just hovering around, what would be the point?.. I'd love to think there was ufos/aliens around but i think not, EVERY SINGLE pic/vid of a ufo looks like it was recorded with a phone or just looks like a blur and this is 2007 we got video cams that take clear images lol

[edit on 2-1-2007 by VoXiSo]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
what you guys have to understand about the faa's policy on ufos is that they dont even bother with them any more. when we (controllers) get a ufo report from a pilot, we dont file a report. we direct the person reporting it to an "UFO/ Unexplained Phenomena Reporting Data Collection Center."

from the air traffic controller's manual 7110.65:

9-8-1. GENERAL

a. Persons wanting to report UFO/Unexplained Phenomena activity should contact an UFO/ Unexplained Phenomena Reporting Data Collection Center, such as the National Institute for Discovery Sciences (NIDS), the National UFO Reporting Center, etc.

b. If concern is expressed that life or property might be endangered, report the activity to the local law enforcement department.

IOW, the faa doesnt really give a whoopty do, so i seriously doubt any faa involvement in a coverup. my guess is that after the initial conversation with the united mechanic, he was directed to the appropriate reporting center, and the matter was dropped.....which is most likely why the faa's initial response was "what ufo?" because the person the mechanic talked to didnt feel it was important enough to log. and then when the media picked up on it, management interviewed the person who took the call, realized there was a tape of the conversation, and released it.

of course, i'll probably be called a misinfo agent now, but that's my professional opinion on what probably happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here it is on CNN.com

www.cnn.com...

Good to see them covering this!

I just wish they could investigate it further. Question the FAA a little harder ect.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
I just had the weirdest thing happen while reading this. I was reading it, excited a major sighting happened, when my soon to be mother in-law comes in and pokes me. I turn around and she goes:

"I was awoken from a dead sleep, last night I saw what I thought was UFO and more people saw it and I heard a loud noise just now from the sky. You don't think they are evil do you?"

I don't know why but it creeped me out due to I only vist ATS about 20 minutes a night before bed. The chances of me being in a UFO topic and that happening seem slim.

Any more UFO sightings yesterday? Figure it could be related.

I reckon you M-I-L was just messing wiv your head! That'd be funny if she was

Wig

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
That part was especially interesting. Is the hole it left the same as the holes shown pictured at this site? check out these holes. (site)

About your 'holes' page I know someone who photographed a good hole like that over Taiwan < actually it might have been Canada, he lives there too.

here
img106.imageshack.us...
img130.imageshack.us...

Original context here
www.youtube.com...

I'll send him the link to the holes.

BTW I'm not sure what the holes website guy is trying to say? A HAARP missile with ions? is he saying it is done to seed rain from the clouds or what?

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
About the hole in the clouds, wouldn't that be consistent with a saucer that had some sort of a force field around it? A plane would just disappear into the clouds, but something with a repellent field might make the hole.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OK folks. SO the FAA says it was some "wacky weather phenomena"

Well I'd like to know just what "wacky weather phenomena" could occur near O'hare airport that could create an illusion of a solid saucer shaped craft hovering then shooting straight up through the clouds.

I mean it couldn't have been swamp gas!

I think the FAA is full of poo

[edit on 2-1-2007 by classified material]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Think about this:

The fact that the FAA is laughing this off after MULTIPLE credible eye witnesses have come forward proves that there is a policy of ridicule and denial of ANY UFO sighting no matter who comes forward and no matter what their official position or academic reputation is. Airline pilots are entrusted with thousands of peoples lives everyday and are considered experts as far as visual witnesses. In fact, airline pilots are probably THE number one most trusted experts in identifying aerial phenomenon.

So, if the FAA dismisses these claims without even considering for one moment that they may be true, then it could only mean that they already know this is true or have been given explicit ORDERS to deny and ridicule ANYONE who might come forth to file an official report on a UFO sighting. Does anyone doubt that if the air traffic controllers had all come forward and said that they had picked up and tracked the UFO on radar that they too would be ridiculed and told by the FAA that what they saw was a rare atmospheric condition.

If you read between the lines here you will see that they have actually proven that under NO circumstances will the UFO phenomenon EVER be taken seriously no matter who will ever report it.

BOOO

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
But that's really all they "CAN" do. They aren't ready to come out and say it was a UFO. So instead, they laugh it off and say they aren't investigating it.

Then the media will loose interest and this will all be forgotten. That's what they do now. They simply say they don't give a flip about UFOs anymore.

It's so sad that a UFO can be seen by multiple witnesses near a major U.S. airport yet the FAA says they could care less. That is a shame!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Keep in mind, the controllers are FAA employees. The ground technicians, pilots and mechanics are not. However, there is a great deal of pressure on commercial pilots to NOT publicly report any sightings and some airlines have formal policies forbidding pilots to make any public disclosure of sightings.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Keep in mind, the controllers are FAA employees.

and your point is what exactly? that we would intentionally lie about a sighting simply because faa management, an entity that has spent the last two years reducing our salaries and staffing levels at all facilities nationwide so that we have to work longer with less pay says to? whatever. if these guys and gals saw it, they would go public.

furthermore, you guys are giving the faa management way too much credit here. they cant and dont think outside the box. they stick to the straight and narrow. they were asked an opinion of what happened, so they came up with a mainstream science answer: a weather phenomenon. and i guarantee you they thought about that answer for all of about 15 seconds. the faa simply does not involve itself in ufo reports anymore. in fact, a buddy of mine was working a radar sector up northwest of philly not too long ago, and had reports from several pilots of some kind of craft flying at FL260 (26,000ft), and everybody above FL180 is supposed to be talking to air traffic. several aircraft reported seeing it visually, but there was nothing on radar. he reported it to management, who basically said "we dont care." now, this is right around some of the most sensitive installations in the country, and management doesnt care about an anomalous object at FL260, in airspace in which everyone is supposed to be talking to us.

seriously, the faa doesnt care anymore. now why that is, i dont know for certain, but trust me.....they could care less about trying to cover anything up. they just simply dont deal with the ufo phenomenon. period.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
It's so sad that a UFO can be seen by multiple witnesses near a major U.S. airport yet the FAA says they could care less. That is a shame!

Like you said: it is all that they can do.

They, in my opinion, choose to keep disclosure from the public for a reason (whether it is right to do so is another discussion entirely). They really have two options in situations concerning UFOs.

1) They can give it merit and investigate it; which presupposes legitimacy concerning UFO claims.

2) They can say that they do not 'take it seriously'. By doing so they have shown UFOs to not be worth there time. This would, in the public’s eye, reinforce that UFO sightings are not to be taken seriously.

If you were concerned with keeping the knowledge of UFOs under wraps would you not choose the latter? Open investigation only leads to reinforced feelings of UFO legitimacy.

If they were to investigate claims which are not immediately explainable then I am sure they would do it out f the publics eye.

Just my .02

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
what's going on here is that ETs are not going to wait for the government to do disclosure on this issue. this kind of thing simply puts pressure on the government to disclosure.

there will continue to be more non-deniable public sightings in the year to come, worldwide.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is an article from May 20, 2000 regarding 'ghost planes' at O'hare

Very interesting....

www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I see one major problem that is overlooked here, and please, anyone "in the know" correct me if I'm wrong.

If credible official sources report an aircraft flying in a restricted area (such as an airport) without permission that may be putting the public safety at immediate risk, then shouldn't this be taken very seriously and result in immediate action to avoid any aerial collisions?

Isn't there an off chance that these pilots may have mistaken a helicopter or military prototype that has flown dangerously off course and into the path of air traffic? This scenario would be just as acceptable (if not more so) than them mistaking a freak weather phenomenon for a solid aircraft that resembles a UFO? In fact, you would think that any aircraft reported flying in a dangerous manner or in the wrong flight path would be checked out IMMEDIATLY first, then questioned later. If multiple pilots suddenly reported what appeared to be a cobra gunship hovering over terminal B12, wouldn't they be taken absolutely serious?

So it seems that they already knew what was there, but are unable to respond because of official or 'unofficial' rules of engaging or acknowledging of these crafts.

The fact that these officials at the FAA aren't concerned that multiple witnesses have reported an aircraft over an airport and they don't care is a little scary to me.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by super70]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
According to the predictions show on Coast to Coast last night, this latest UFO incident is going to become the granddaddy of them all, and give us lots to talk about for a long time. More will come out on this.
UFO activity this year will be like never seen before also.

AN OBSERVATION: THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD THINK WE, THE LITTLE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS......We need a landing, the hatch opening and a being coming out in front of the United Nations. Nothing less will do.

Could this be why Bush looks and acts as though someone pushed him in front of the cameras, unprepared and rattled? It could be his mind is ok after all but the entities are driving him crazy.
Nervous brakedown?

[edit on 2-1-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Attention pedople!!

An important aspect is that teh maine stream media started to cover it fairly...I can see a more relax policy on UFO subject in here... CNN's Wolf atention and coments on teh subject is important to follow...

Just a thought !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join