It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A Sinclair

Next time you are here can you expand upon your first statements. What are you hearing, in a bit more detail, about this incident. Since you are in the area of the incident, can you tell which runway and direction the planes are landing in the "congestion" photo posted in this thread?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but after the hoaxer photoshoped that image, do think maybe he then took a photo of this image showing on his computer moniter with his cellphone so that on analysis even in an editor, one would be able to see those surface artifacts typical of photo's taken with low quality cams?

I think the hoaxer even went as far as doing this to make the image look more authentic.

funny idea

at least it shows that some people here have a great imagination.

but anyway...i'll try that on my own and post the results...we'll see...

I'll keep the quotes for context...

I promised to provide some samples for your theory. Here they are (i used the "adobe" picture...so nobody gets confused about the original picture that has been posted...)

I first must admitt, that i found out, that not all programs leave trails in the picturecode. Ok here we go:

img267.imageshack.us...

i used two different programs...

first step was to take a picture with my cellphone from my monitor showing the "adobe" picture.

next step was to extract the pic from my cell to my HDD.

third step was to open it with a imagetool (i used two to compare the outcome...but only one left a trail) so i'll use the pic from the program leaving no trail.

the outcome is above.so this theory is not working

but i have to admitt the following:
if you extract a pic from your cellphone you normally see a trail from your cellphone in the code like that:

ÿØÿà JFIF    ÿç à0V¨2„2„„„||ò[ò[ó[ó[ó[ó[ósôsÔkókókócôcôcôcôcóc

img262.imageshack.us...

it depends on your cellphone (it also could be "nokia thumbnail" ) (or something else)
so i was wrong on that point and have to admitt (after i did my research): it _could_ be a hoax, because it was obviously edited with a program that doesn't leave trails (like mine)

[edit on 24-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
jritzmann,

I also noticed in both photos that the runway looks reflective, like they were wet with rain. Now, I suppose it is possible that it could have been wet on both days that the allegedly two separate photos were taken. I admit it is a little hard to tell, but the runway in both photos look wet to me

BTW, was it raining at O'Hare on Nov. 7?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Personality focused posts are NOT tolerated on ATS. I have deleted two posts that were nothing but missives against one member or another. That's not what we do here.

The work that JRitzmann and many others are doing IS what we do here.

Back on topic and OFF personalities.

Thanks...

Springer...

[edit on 1-24-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the photo is 27L with the planes on approach, the canera is viewing from the 9R end looking east.

The object in the box is the general aviation building/ maintenance center ? it is possibly also a portion of the sound barrier wall on 294.

It is an L shapped building at the north east end of 27L and to the right (east) of the international air terminal.

the hills in the background are around 294 the flight path is quite common east-west approach.

From the aspect the picture was taken C gates would have to be left of the camera view.

27L has the only south exiting taxi way for fedex/ups whose facility is at the 9R west end of the runway

[edit on 24-1-2007 by robertfenix]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Robert-Is that building sloped on each end? Yellow/white?

I'm going off the map and looking at the area alledged to be where the UFO sighting took place. I dont see any L shaped buildings.

Can you give me a map showing this so I can connect it to google earth and see things a bit better?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I research the weather using weather underground.

6/1/06, no rain. wind NE and light, sunset about 8:20. (UTC 1:20) less CDT offset

Wunderground history for ORD 6-1-06

11-7-06 - trace of rain, wind from W or SW light

One can change the date in the first url to get november.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
www.ohare.com...

the bottom east west runway marked 27L you will see marked, general aviation and a black L shaped building, thrn go to google earth and zoom in on the end of that run way. you will see the vehicle yard a retaining wall then the building go east more to the 8 lane highway (294) otherside are homes through this section is a 25 foot or higher sound barrier wall

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Date:

Airport Code:
Recently Viewed Airport Codes: ORD
Daily Weekly Monthly Custom Trip Planner
« Previous Day Daily Summary for November 7, 2006 Next Day »
Actual Average (KBBW) Record (KBBW)
Temperature
Mean Temperature 54 °F / 12 °C 37 °F / 2 °C
Max Temperature 77 °F / 25 °C 51 °F / 10 °C 82 °F / 27 °C (1931)
Min Temperature 32 °F / 0 °C 23 °F / -5 °C -6 °F / -21 °C (1991)
Degree Days
Heating Degree Days 10 28
Month to date heating degree days 185
Cooling Degree Days 0 0
Month to date cooling degree days 0
Year to date cooling degree days 620
Growing Degree Days 4 (Base 50)
Moisture
Dew Point 36 °F / 2 °C
Average Humidity 64
Maximum Humidity 85
Minimum Humidity 29
Precipitation
Precipitation 0.00 in / 0.00 cm 0.04 in / 0.10 cm 0.50 in / 1.27 cm (1953)
Month to date precipitation 0.28
Year to date precipitation 21.95
Sea Level Pressure
Sea Level Pressure 29.77 in / 1008 hPa
Wind
Wind Speed 0 mph / 0 km/h (WSW)
Max Wind Speed 13 mph / 21 km/h
Max Gust Speed -
Visibility 10 miles / 16 kilometers

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Jritzmann,
Your pic of the runway does look like the one that borders one of the employee parking lots. I would need to see more to the right to confirm. If in fact it is then you are 100% correct that the yellow line you added is a train track. Freight trains run through there everyday causing employees to be late quite often.

If a camera was pointing in that direction I can tell you that it is pointing in the opposite direction of gate C-17.

Also in the photo by 000000, I have conferred with a fellow worker and we both believe that this could be O'hare. I believe that this could have been taken by someone in an aircraft, possibly taxiing to the terminal. The lights are orange telling me it is a runway. Blue lights border a taxiway.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
pegasus,

can you confirm, that the object shown in the picture was hovering over the point described by the witnesses.

is there any other evidence that would support the idea of the picture beeing real? or is it to hard to tell from the picture?

just curious..wanna get his thing straight

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The photo initially linked in this topic is, if correctly stated, viewing from 9R looking east toward 27L with the planes on approach, this places the UFO on the left hand side of the photo, not the right.

The witnesses stated the UFO hovered over C17 which is Terminal 1 and the UFO should be on the left side of the photo. Unless the image was flipped?

If this information is correct and the image is not flipped then, going by the photo, the UFO is above 'Lake O'Hare' and is no where near C17.

Of course I could be wrong!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Robert-I gotcha, I'm looking at it now. I think I pretty much have the location of the shots pinned down. Thanx for that. The shooter (in both congestion and UFO..if they arent the same shot to begin with) seem to be sitting on the taxiway off the main runway/landing strip. You agree?

I also see the building youre talking about as well. That retaining wall...if thats white on one angle and white on the other, that could be what I'm seeing...I really cant tell. The problem with Google Earth is the field of view is different of course them what you'd get with a cam or any kind. It's hard to line em up for absolute reference.

My eyes are getting tired, so I'm gonna leave it set for awhile.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton
The photo initially linked in this topic is, if correctly stated, viewing from 9R looking east toward 27L with the planes on approach, this places the UFO on the left hand side of the photo, not the right.

The witnesses stated the UFO hovered over C17 which is Terminal 1 and the UFO should be on the left side of the photo. Unless the image was flipped?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It just doesnt seem to be jivin' with the witness reports to me...maybe I'm just tired and getting confused.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The pics are too grainy for me to say with any amount of certainty. If the object in the background is indeed one of the towers, then i can say it is in the general vicinity from where i think the photo might / could have been taken.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
I was thinking the exact same thing. It just doesnt seem to be jivin' with the witness reports to me...maybe I'm just tired and getting confused.

Know what you mean, I could be waaaay off here.

I created a studio max of the airport and placed the ufo over C17 and plotted the rough dimensions based on the runway info and the picture, and the only way I can get the model to agree with the photo is to flip it left, but if I do that then the runway is facing the wrong way and it blows me outta the water again.

I've been at this all night and all I can see is three dimensional lines everywhere. 8-)

At the back of my mind, when you found the matching Google image I suspected hoax and now I'm almost totally convinced the photo is utter nonsense but I still want to be wrong.

Your initial find was totally amazing!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I did some checking with numerous photoshop filters and I see no tell-tale signs of tampering. This is of course not to say that none has been done.
I saw no lines coming from the object to indicate strings, but due to the layout I wasn't really looking for that.
I did not see any horrible cloning attempted, yet due to the horrible resolution one is afforded some liberty with retouching I feel.
There is no way to tell if that is O'Hare in the background. I have been there many times due to living nearby, but nothing in the photo leads me to conclude definitively that it is O'Hare. ~ I was half expecting to see some subtle signage in the background to lead the viewer to say for certain that this is O'Hare. If that subtlety had surfaced I would highly doubt the genuineness of the photo; i.e.- an O'Hare terminal sign or something barely visible. Then again, one could turn around and say that the sign or landmark would make it that much more credible...?
This inherent ambiguity is why we love the mystery so much.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I went to the original google search page submitted by Jritzmann:

images.google.com...

and clicked on the photo in question, then found the following blog (in japanese) of a japanese tourist/businessman who may have taken this photo of O'hare Airport Congestion. I don't speak or read Japanese, so it was a little hard to tell from the translation why he was visiting Chicago.

Blog in original Japanese (scroll down to find the entry for 2006/06/01 and the photo)
www.ishilab.net...

Blog Translated into English (scroll down to find the entry for 2006/06/01 and the photo)
64.233.179.104...://www.ishilab.net/~ishihara/blog/archive/1/2006-06
**NOTE: I noticed I can't get the translation to work with this link
, So if it doesn't translate, you can rightclick on the Japanese page and select "Translate Page into English" from the menu.

Like I said, the translation was pretty bad, but is it possible that this is the guy who took the airport congestion photo (rather than it being from a stationary security camera). Can anyone read the original Japanese post to get more clues? I do realize that even if this guy claims to have taken the photo, that doesn't mean it's actually a photo taken by him (but the dates do match). However, if it was taken from a hand-help camera, that would make the odds of it being taken from the exact same vantage point as the alleged UFO pic pretty slim, IMHO.

also, does anyone know how to post a translated web page??

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I believe there are others out there. It is stupid to believe that there isn't. Sorry if I offend any other believers, but if you look at the weather in the background, it seems cloudy(Possibly rainy). The UFO in the image could just be a small drop of water on the camera lense. Other than this, I am in complete agreement that this photo is legit and if anyone can prove it more and bring up a new photo, that would be great.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
pegasus,

can you confirm, that the object shown in the picture was hovering over the point described by the witnesses.

is there any other evidence that would support the idea of the picture beeing real? or is it to hard to tell from the picture?

just curious..wanna get his thing straight

For a low quality image, if it's been tampered with it's very hard to tell because I just loaded it into an editor to analyze it and I'm not seeing that it's been edited in any way at all!
It being a low quality image, any changes to it should be showing up -- but this is not the case in this particular photograph. I find this very perplexing.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join