It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
PLEASE stop posting whole quotes of previous posts.

It makes for hard reading and it unnecessarily stresses the database. Select the portion you wish to address and quote that ONLY.

Thanks...

Springer...

Thank you.... I was about to say the same thing

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OK I now see that I was in error so I will live up to my words and go ahead and apologize to user "unarmed": I am sorry because now I see you did provide a link where you allegedly found the hoaxed picture.
You should have made it a bit clearer though in the beginning, the way you posted it seemed pretty strange, you should have said where you obtained the photo right from the start not 2 pages later, but either way once again I am sorry and you have hereby been vindicated.

On a related note however, our friend unarmed has led me to something strange, the URL he posted leads to the same picture of 'o'hare' UFO photo as posted by 00000000000 originally. I thought ATS was the only site in possession of this photo but apparently it was posted today by a user on the other website. Here is the apparently unprotected photobucket account with the photo s116.photobucket.com... .

link   

Originally posted by ultraterrestrial
I'm going to go ahead and call your bluff on this one then tough guy. SHOW US THE EXACT URL of where you allegedly found this hoaxed photograph and we will see the date in the directory of when that picture was added, so don't try covering your trail and adding it now to a private web server of your own. Show us right now where you got that picture, the exact URL. If you are able to do this and show that it is a picture you genuinely found on google or on the net somewhere then you will have been exonerated and will receive my full apologies, but if you are unable to do this or suddenly go into hiding as I suspect you will, then only one logical conclusion can be made: you hoaxed that photograph yourself using photoshop and tried in earnest to pass it off as real.
The clock is ticking, what will you do?

Here is the earlier post where I asked that question, the photo was posted about halfway down the thread....

EDIT: oops, already posted, sorry all

[edit on 24-1-2007 by 27jd]

link   
admin edit: LAST WARNING ABOUT BIG QUOTES

Again for you:

godlikeproductions.com.../24/07&forum=1

It's the 11th post of the thread from "wing-ed". That's what she/he is writing:

[link to img92.imageshack.us] link to another picture --link to story [link to www.chicagotribune.com]

[edit on 1-24-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
well i went to that photobucket page, and I did not see the pic unarmed posted in that photobucket account

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
well i went to that photobucket page, and I did not see the pic unarmed posted in that photobucket account

Would you please read again what I've been writing?

I said it is the 11th post. And this post links to imageshack.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just wondering but after the hoaxer photoshoped that image, do think maybe he then took a photo of this image showing on his computer moniter with his cellphone so that on analysis even in an editor, one would be able to see those surface artifacts typical of photo's taken with low quality cams?

I think the hoaxer even went as far as doing this to make the image look more authentic.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but after the hoaxer photoshoped that image, do think maybe he then took a photo of this image showing on his computer moniter with his cellphone so that on analysis even in an editor, one would be able to see those surface artifacts typical of photo's taken with low quality cams?

I think the hoaxer even went as far as doing this to make the image look more authentic.

funny idea

at least it shows that some people here have a great imagination.

but anyway...i'll try that on my own and post the results...we'll see...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jritz congratz I voted you way above (I rarely vote anyone)

In fact there are probably many shots from that perspective watching the landing "air stacking" fitting that two images capture incoming aircraft at the same positioning in the landing pattern. Great work on the overlay animation.

While the ufo incident did happen the photo presented by 0000000 is just a normal photo on airtraffic aligned with that runway.

There were no reports of the ufo being in the landing pattern so while the picture is in fact real, its presentation as stating it is a photo of the ufo on Nov 7th is false

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

OK I now see that I was in error so I will live up to my words and go ahead and apologize to user "unarmed": I am sorry because now I see you did provide a link where you allegedly found the hoaxed picture.
You should have made it a bit clearer though in the beginning, the way you posted it seemed pretty strange, you should have said where you obtained the photo right from the start not 2 pages later, but either way once again I am sorry and you have hereby been vindicated.

No problem
I will do a search in the future and provide a link before posting it.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by unarmed]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
"Why is the TRUTH a "bad excuse"?"
Who says this is the ultimate truth? you? c'mon...

"I gaurentee you there's at least one program out there that creates or changes tags in digital pictures."
You can surely name that program...right?

"Everyone else accepts the picture as a real one , you're the one lingering.

Why are you so adamant on prooving that picture a fake?"
Why should i go with the herd? i don't belong to any herd...

just read my sig.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

Dude, the picture Jr. posted is a graphic of air congestion at O'Hare?
I dont suppose that it occured to you that the original picture that 00000 posted was actually of a plane coming in.

One thing that people are forgetting in this thread I think is that O'Hare is an AIRPORT. There are things flying around all the time!

As for the original picture, I think theres an 85% chance of this either being a hoax or just a plane.

Oh, and Jr. gets Way Above from me as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Here is the apparently unprotected photobucket account with the photo s116.photobucket.com...¤t=ufoohare.jpg .

s116.photobucket.com...

Not sure if this means anything, but this picture was posted in the Paranormal forum a few weeks ago. It is from the same photobucket account. I am currently looking for the exact thread it was posted in and will post it when I find it.

Here is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread was by Mickey Martian, and the picture in the thread is linked to the same photobucket account.. hmmm..

[edit on 24-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Here is the apparently unprotected photobucket account with the photo s116.photobucket.com...¤t=ufoohare.jpg .

s116.photobucket.com...

Not sure if this means anything, but this picture was posted in the Paranormal forum a few weeks ago. It is from the same photobucket account. I am currently looking for the exact thread it was posted in and will post it when I find it.

Here is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread was by Mickey Martian, and the picture in the thread is linked to the same photobucket account.. hmmm..

[edit on 24-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

I remember calling BS on that other thread too... does ATS have a serial hoaxer in its midst?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There was talk about the military being there during the sightings around Chicago soon after New Years. I just think it's one piece of information that deserves greater looking into as it is much easier to get answers pertaing to that hen there are to questions about UFOS. If you can establish a significant uncalled for millitary presence during the sighting times then you can add one more ingrediant to this great event lending even more credibility. The other thing is that accordint to the paper (Tribune) which ran a floow up article last week, there were some flights that were kept in a holding pattern for about an hour over Chicago that were suppose to land at the time of the sighting. This should also be easy or easier to verify. What do you think? My friends in the media including 2 anchors seem to be out of the loop on this and my camera man friend seriously knows nothing more than what is on the internet. All three feel that this story has real legs.

AS

[edit on 24-1-2007 by A SINCLAIR]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If we can get away from pointless who posted what flakey pic for a sec...

I could use some eyes on this. In the pic below I've boxed an object that doesnt appear to be too awfully far from the runway. I know it probably isnt, but it loks like a lightrail car with a yellow end and a white end. Pointed at both ends...see it?

I have google earth 4, and I've been searching for a similar object (if it's indeed stationary) and I dont see one. If anyone knows anyone at OHare, that can call and see if they know what this is, or alternatively if anyone can find this on google earth we might have something. Have a look. Anyone who comes up with anything lemme know.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would suspect that mickey martian now has a new/second ATS name. The photo was most likely uploaded from ATS last night. A hoaxer would surely not post the pic here and on his photobucket acount, or pass it to someone to upload here as the pic received from "a person who got a pic of the ufo".

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

I wouldnt say it's that high yet. Lets see what more we can find out. We really need a map of the airport with labeled gates.

Here are the Terminals with the Gates labeled.

ss.concoursecommunications.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here is a map I have been viewing.

www.ohare.com/images/cnrc/ohare/ord_alay.gif

It shows buildings and the surrounding area, with train tracks, etc.

The runways are to the north of the main complex. Hard to tell which way the planes are landing in the picture (from northwest or southeast)

Don't know if it will help.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thanx for that roadgravel.

Ok, going off of Shaman's designation of the terminal, if I spin around to the nearest runway, I'm seeing this on google earth as a possible location of where the UFO & congestion shot were taken, even if they arent the same photo.

The yellow line shows where I believe I'm looking at rail lines, as they sure seem to follow the map, and they are parallel to other trains I'm seeing there. It looks to me that this yellow and white object, pointed at both ends would fall on that...strictly in a preliminary sense provided I have the right area.

Now IF that object I squared off in the previous post is a commuter train...you all know what that means.

Still need to determine if this is the right area. Gotta be sure on that.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I did a google search for WAFLNRSR2 and found this as the first result:

lists.w3.org...

Maybe this photo is from a security web cam?

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join