It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that this story is being hyped up too much on ATS? I agree that this incident is potentially of huge importance and deserves attention, but it happened over 2 months ago and we still don't have anything substantial -- no pictures, no video, and no investigation. Also, I have only heard of this story through ATS. I did not see it in the local, national, or international news, and no one I know read about it in the news either -- so I really don't get why people think this story is getting extraordinary coverage.

Unfortunately, it seems that this incident is going to fade into obscurity, like the Phoenix Lights case (as another poster pointed out). The FAA said it was a weather phenomenon and that's that.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by ArMaP
Edit: this is off-topic, but does anyone know why I can't add this thread to "myATS favorites"?

same problem here. it was in my favorites, and then it disappeared....and then while trying to investigate the problem, i hit the all button, which evidently has the same effect as the delete all button. for future reference, dont touch that button folks.

but yeah, any reason why i would lose this thread from my subscriptions and another member would not be able to add it to his?

edit: still cant add it.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by snafu7700]
Me too,it was there yesterday.weird

OK Admins, has somebody got an explaination as to why THIS particular thread is dropping off our favorites list?

I've made several posts to the thread over the last few days. Normally that would have resulted in an entry on my favorites list...But NOT This Time.

Truthfully, I never bothered to check to see if it actully posted to the list originally, I just know that as of a few minutes ago, there was no entry there.

Why, it's almost as if there was some sort of...."Conspiracy"!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks Danx. Much appreciated.

I was also wondering - if the FAA doesn't 'do' investigations - then who would/could be the 'investigating authority' on this case (or one similar) ?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Postal -

I kind of agree with you, but on the other hand I can see why this is getting so much coverage. It is a pretty big event - but it took over 2 months for the story to come out? To me the sighting wreaks of coverup.

It's also pretty unheard of for mass media to cover such a story. They usually leave us conspiracy theorists and 'believers' to our own devices.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Thanks Danx. Much appreciated.

I was also wondering - if the FAA doesn't 'do' investigations - then who would/could be the 'investigating authority' on this case (or one similar) ?

You're gonna have to ask cheepnis, since apparently he's the expert on that.

Originally posted by cheepnis

It's FAA's job to inform and explain this situations.

Wrong. They're a regulatory agency. Their tasked with making sure the airlines follow the rules.
Next thing you know we'll be blaming the E-coli spinach fiasco on the FDA.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Discrete Attention

Originally posted by Postal76
Does anyone else get the feeling that this story is being hyped up too much on ATS?

Would you prefer that we ignore these sorts of stories or try to downplay them?

If people don't know about them, how could there be interest in them?

In my opinion, better too much attention than not enough.

(As for the Favorites issue, I imagine the Overlord would know something about it. Of course, it may be a conspiracy.)

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Discrete Attention

Originally posted by Postal76
Does anyone else get the feeling that this story is being hyped up too much on ATS?

Would you prefer that we ignore these sorts of stories or try to downplay them?

If people don't know about them, how could there be interest in them?

In my opinion, better too much attention than not enough.

(As for the Favorites issue, I imagine the Overlord would know something about it. Of course, it may be a conspiracy.)

No, I agree that the story deserves attention (which I already stated), but I think that some posters on this site are mistaken as to how much attention it is actually getting. The way I understand it, the story was reported by the mass media (months after it happened, strangely enough), and it is already completely forgotten by the mainstream news and average citizens alike. No one cares outside of the usual UFO research community, and of course, the witnesses themselves.

This is only how I see it, and I could be wrong. Is there anything we can do to spread awareness, or to get the attention of our government? I like the idea of contacting our congressman and senators (although this may not necessarily accomplish anything). Is there a way to automatically send a message to congress a la "www.savetheinternet.com"?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Curious Waveform

Though it's a few pages back now, I wanted to address some statements from an earlier post that leave me with more questions than answers.

Whether atmospheric phenomenon, mass airline worker hallucinations or Unidentified Flying Object, ignoring something like this would seem contrary to the mission of the FAA.

They've hardly ignored it.

Perhaps "ignore" is the wrong word, since they have apparently given an official opinion that it was either an optical illusion or atmospheric phenomenon, depending on who you ask and when.

So let's replace "ignoring" with "summarily dismissing" and acknowledge that the point still stands that safety is part of their mission.

Overstepping Authority

And if you'd bothered to dig a little deeper
www.faa.gov...

You'd see that the FAA is not an investigatory agency like the GAO.

Let's go with that. If they're not an investigative agency, then why is it okay for them to dismiss this incident without an investigation?

After all, they're not qualified to investigate, right?

And since you seem to know, please help me out here.

Who should be investigating this if not the FAA?

Strict Guidelines

There are strict guidelines they must adhere to. For example it's not the FAA that investigate plane crashes but the NTSB.
To assume that the FAA would initiate some sort of investigation into an incident that has little verifiable information and had little affect on the normal flow of aircraft.........ahhhhhhh

I'm trying not to assume anything.

I'm wondering why the FAA would seem to casually dismiss what could very well be a threat to airport and passenger safety with an explanation that seems to be in contradiction to the well-publicized reports of numerous witnesses -- including people we trust with our safety as passengers.

What's wrong with that?

If you could provide some answers that would resolve these questions, I would be grateful.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No one cares outside of the usual UFO research community, and of course, the witnesses themselves.

Well I do think people care about this kind of stuff but what can they do?Write a letter to their congressman?

In the end, I believe the average mind is much too busy to care for long. Especially when considering the complexities of everday life... relationships, money, endeavors, travel, eating, drinking, blah blah

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ive seen this story since it hit the drudge and this thread was started, its fascinating and there is a big chance that this could be the sighting, i do belive that there should be some video out there, and at somepoint we will see it, mabye here first.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hello I'm running late and sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had to take my son to hockey practice then pizza.

Yesterday I heard that someone did take a picture with their phone and I'm going to try to find him today and get his picture for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX
Hello I'm running late and sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had to take my son to hockey practice then pizza.

Yesterday I heard that someone did take a picture with their phone and I'm going to try to find him today and get his picture for you.

better rob a bank first....i'm betting he or she is holding out for big bucks, hence the reason it hasnt been produced yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm wondering why the FAA would seem to casually dismiss what could very well be a threat to airport and passenger safety with an explanation that seems to be in contradiction to the well-publicized reports of numerous witnesses -- including people we trust with our safety as passengers.

What's wrong with that?

If you could provide some answers that would resolve these questions, I would be grateful.

i will. as i've mentioned previously, even fellow controllers have had run-ins with unexplained objects....only to be ignored by faa management. unless someone reports a near-miss with one of these objects, faa management simply doesnt care. as i've said before, they dont even accept reports about ufos anymore...much less investigate them. our own manual (controller's manual 7110.65) says to advise pilots reporting strange phenomena to contact NUFORC (who obviously cares even less as, from what i can tell, they dont even bother to request radar/voice tapes from incidents even when they have plenty of time to do so) . the faa is the agency who's rules and regs are written in blood. by that i mean that someone has to die before policy is changed. unless and until an accident is caused by one of these unidentified objects, the faa will simply ignore them. the faa's bottom line is not safety, but the almighty dollar....and investigating these reports costs money. want proof of this? take a look at the new contracts forced upon faa controllers nationwide. you'll see dramatic reductions in pay and benifits. take a look at staffing levels at facilities nationwide. you'll see drastic reductions over the last few years. the faa is trying to run more traffic with fewer people while paying them less money to do it. they simply dont care about this phenomena because it would cost them money to care.

hope that answers your question majic.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Let's go with that. If they're not an investigative agency, then why is it okay for them to dismiss this incident without an investigation?

According to this newsweek article, they were investigating it....

The FAA has said it won't be investigating the incident further, and it wasn't until this week that The Chicago Tribune broke the story, speaking to several unnamed witnesses after a tip-off from the head of the National UFO Reporting Center.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX

Hell just get it, don't mention money, I have to see if this is for real, than I can rest easy at night.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So we're STILL waiting on the Photos!

I am confident none of us will let this one die out.

Great thread and looking forward to answers!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
what was the date of this sighting?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
what was the date of this sighting?

It happened on November 7, 2006....

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thanks. i thought so but then i saw december 7th somewhere and wanted to make sure. i still think it's weird it happened on election day.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I came across something I found relevant while reading The Hunt for Zero Point by Nick Cook last night. I don't know if anyone's read the book, or how much of the book is based on fact (well, presumably the whole thing, but who can tell), but I did read something that seemed connected to the whole static electricity thing that rampagantx has talked about.

This notion of electrogravitic lift supposedly worked on the principle that a plate-like object charged positively on one side and negatively on the other would always exhibit thrust toward the positive pole, i.e. from negative to positive. If the plate is mounted horizontally and the positive pole is uppermost, the object will in effect lose weight, because it will want to rise skyward. (pg. 20)

I don't know if that concept of propulsion could be considered responsible for the large amounts of static electricity that the air traffic controllers felt, but I figured I'd throw it out there for others more knowledgeable in the ways of electricity to think about.

I'd also like to extend my thanks to rampagantx for all that he has done.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join