It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
What I am wondering is, why was the incident on Novemer 7th, 2006. Only first reported here one month after. And now news coverage two months after?

When I first saw the postings here earlier today, I thought that they were new incidents. Apparently not; rather a 2 month lag in media coverage.

Something smells fishy. I live in Chicago, btw.

[edit on 1/1/2007 by Mechanic 32]

The delay may be the time needed to "debrief" any witnesses. The men with crew-cuts and black ties came to tell any witnesses that what they saw was actually weather balloons and flocks of geese, etc. These kind of mistakes happen all the time because the witnesses are not trained observers like them. Some people are stubborn, however, and not very good de-briefing subjects.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

The delay may be the time needed to "debrief" any witnesses.

Well, maybe...

I might just have to go and poke around O'Hare myself. hen again, no. I can't do that.

But it just doesn't "feel right". I think something odd is going on.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I thought this happened back in october? Why are we only learning of it now?

yes there were multiple credible witnesses including pilots that saw the UFO I just wonder if the NTSB and the FAA are hiding the radar evidence?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I thought this happened back in october?

Well, according to available sources, it was Novemer 7th, 2006. Unless you are referring to something else. Or just mistaken about the October dateline.

I am going to check out the local news sources, to see if maybe there is anything not being shown or reported on the national outlets.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
It was just reported on Fox News Network! It was only given a passing few sentences at the end of the guys report though.

Yeah I saw something on Fox too. They blew it off with: "probably unknown weather phenomenon and lights reflecting off the airport". Absolutely one of the worst news reports I've seen. The tone of his report was: "yeah, guy shot another guy, not sure why but probably because of drugs and that's the news...see ya". From what I read 1) it was still daylight and 2) they didn't see any lights on the UFO.

Since when was radar the end all-be all of something "existing"? So next time a terrorist or foreign country wants to invade, all they have to do is avoid being caught on radar? If the people who saw it are that pissed off that they weren't taken seriously, and a FOIA was required to get the FAA to talk, you'd think the media would ask more questions.

I don't know if they saw a cloud or flying saucer, but the way this is being handled and explained is poor science and logic. Sounds like they don't have a good explanation so the "cloud ate my homework" excuse is going to play with the media.

The object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up through the solid overcast skies, which the FAA reported had 1,900-foot cloud ceilings at the time.

It was like somebody punched a hole in the sky," said one United employee.

I don't know any clouds that shoot straight up from a hovering postition.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

I am going to check out the local news sources, to see if maybe there is anything not being shown or reported on the national outlets.

If it were possible it would be better to check out some of the witnesses..if there is any way that they can be reached. The main news sources can be very unreliable and uncooperative when it comes to subjects of this nature. You probably learn much more by going to the people who actually saw whatever it was.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So far everything that I have checked, all link back to the Chicago Tribune Article, already posted.

But I'm still looking.

And as for me looking for witnesses. Sorry, I'm not that adventurous.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It seems as though The Chicago Tribune/Associated Press have the only story in this.

Of the other local outlets, the ones that are carrying the story, link right back to the Tribune.

Looks like the Trib has dibs on this one.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow, this is very intriguing. There is a lot of evidence and the fact that the government or who ever is saying that it's just weather phenomenon? Something fishy is going on.
Well I've heard aliens are suppossed to land either 2007 or 2010. But a ufo over an airport? An absolutely riveting find!

Here is a report from fox

www.myfoxny.com...

KAIT K8 news

www.kait8.com...

CBS reported it too

www.cbsnews.com...

Perhaps we shall see more UFOs. I don't guys, something's up.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I saw a report on fox tonight about this insident . they completely made light of it and did not even mention the cirlce in the cloud. such fools. these people are just going to crap their pants when these beings begin to land and move about. Its coming and very soon you best believe it.

I don't care who believe what Im about to say but here it goes: The book of Revelation tells us that there will come a war in the heavens in which Satan and his angels will be thrown out and cast upon the earth. Their appearance will preceed the wrath of God on Earth both for un repentent man and for these fallen angels. How sad for those alive at that time who have rejected Jesus Christ; They will gladly recieve these beings as their saviour.

Make no mistake about it fokes we are in the final set up of a crushing combination checkmate designed by God him self. I beleive that the end of the year 2006 marked the end of very loong seven year grace period on God's clock. And Just like the seven fat years that preceeded the famine in Joseph's day in Egypt the world is about to enter it's final seven year period at the end of which God will return in glory to be recieved by those who believe in him and to cast off all scoffers.

Those who have willfully rejected Jesus Christ justly deserve what lays ahead. I will be put to death for my beliefs, I know, sometime in the very near future. It is the fate of all who call Jesus God, but I know that a much worse fate awaits those who reject God: an eternal one!!!

Stay tuned! These sightings will become more and more open as their day aproaches. Very, very soon not even the clouds will be able to cloak these beings for they will have no where in the entire universe to go except earth when God gives the word to thrust them from his presence.

For those of you who enjoy your sin and are looking for a saviour from outer space I simply say keep looking up, your brothers will soon be here to join you in your fate. This earth is reserve for fire and that fire will come from space both you and your alien brothers will suffer that fate.

Noone cares no one is listening oh well get ready here they come!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I sent FOX news an email detailing that I hated the story they ran on this.

[email protected]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'll bet those witnesses wish they had somebody to spill their guts to about what they saw. Too bad none of them had a phone or camera with video capacity handy. I have the feeling that there could be many more witnesses to this ufo, considering that it happened at world's busiest airport. There may even be security tape of the object considering the stepped up security at places such as airports since 9/11. But if there is such tape of the object it has probably already been confiscated by the "authorities."

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
wow i live near O'hare and I havent even heard about this incident.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Noone cares no one is listening oh well get ready here they come!!!

I care. And I am listening. And I agree with most of what you say. One thing is explicitly clear, these creatures in the ufos are NOT saviours! Just the opposite is true. The aliens are the thing that people need to be saved FROM! judging by many of the reports by people who have been abducted and abused by them.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just saw the report on the local news. Any truth to the fact that apparently all those sited as reporting the incident were United Airlines employees? Sounds like ALOT of dis-information going on here.....

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
yes there were multiple credible witnesses including pilots that saw the UFO I just wonder if the NTSB and the FAA are hiding the radar evidence?

no need to. after 15 days it would have been erased as per regulations. although i doubt it would have shown anything out of the ordinary anyway, as it's pretty obvious from the reports that the controllers didnt see the event take place....they were even joking about it on the radio. that wouldnt have happened if they had seen it. there would have been alot of discussion about it on the frequency as it would have been a safety hazard had they seen it.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here are some of the Chicago eyewitness reports from the National UFO Reporting Center (Peter Danvenport):

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

Similar object at 5pm in Aurora, Illinois: www.nuforc.org...

(EDIT) I'm not sure, but the Aurora, Illinois description sounds close to the Fermilab, which is a Particle Accelerator for the Department of Energy. I'm not sure of the witnesses' location but depending on where he is; "3 miles west of Rt 59" is Fermilab. Interesting.

There is a 4th "report", which is someone just venting about this being BS, but it is interesting that at the end Peter Davenport remarks that a cell phone had captured a picture of the object:
www.nuforc.org...

((NUFORC Note: The object was captured with a cell telephone camera. We are attempting to obtain a copy. PD))

My apologies if this has already been posted or discussed.

[edit on 1/1/07 by Atomic]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I'll bet those witnesses wish they had somebody to spill their guts to about what they saw. Too bad none of them had a phone or camera with video capacity handy. I have the feeling that there could be many more witnesses to this ufo, considering that it happened at world's busiest airport. There may even be security tape of the object considering the stepped up security at places such as airports since 9/11. But if there is such tape of the object it has probably already been confiscated by the "authorities."

Well, one thing that you have to seriously consider is that it could be that only that select group of employee's were the only one's who actually saw that UFO.

There are many recorded cases where there have been a whole group of people seeing a UFO yet other's outside of that core group would say that they didn't see anything at all even though they were in the same area as of those who did see the UFO.

I think those beings who are operating such craft actually do have control over whom they want/allow to see them and those whom they do not.

It's all part of the trickster component in this phenomenon and this thing about selective viewing is very pervasive in UFO lore. This recent event could very well fall into that category of sightings.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The transportation journalist for the Chicago Tribune was interviewed today on NPR's All Things Considered. Interesting that the FAA denied that anything was going on, until the journalist filed a FOIA. It does sound like a coverup.

UFO Is Reported At O'Hare; Feds Are Silent

Can't wait to see the camera pic that Davenport says exists!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
aol news has an article about it now as well.

link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join