It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Likewise on the new info. This isn't a sighting in some remote stretch of highway.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by daystrom

That is the problem with the Anonymous ATS account, there is no way of knowing if the first Anonymous is the same as the second Anonymous.

The Anonymous ATS user is a good idea but with many problems.

Once one posts using anonymous, you can't post another for 24 hrs I believe, so it proly wasn't the former anon poster who said he saw it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't think so we need to report UFO any more as all governments around the world are involved in cover up check out Latest Greece Cover-Up www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just a PSA .

UFO Hunters on the History channel will feature this O'hare story tonight at 10:00 pm Eastern Time.

Sorry for the short notice.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I watched the History Channel's UFO Hunters:Aliens at the Airport segment last night (www.history.com...). The program was essentially divided into two segments: the first was focused on the O'Hare UAP and the second on the Osaka, Japan UAP video. I'll restrict my summary and comments to O'Hare.

The O'Hare segment generally did an acceptable job of presenting the extant information about the November 2006 incident and it was fascinating to finally hear audio of both ATS's "Eyewitness" and the O'Hare tower chatter. The fact that Eyewitness watched the UAP with a large group of people in a parking lot was suitably emphasized, although I think the crowd's reaction to the sudden acceleration of the object could have been better described (see Eyewitness' account earlier in this thread). The interviewees were skeptical, lucid, and believable, and the airport safety issues highlighted by the NARCAP report were cogently stated.

The producers made some puzzling choices, however, about what and how selected information was presented. First, I was surprised that the alleged cellphone pic of the UAP was not included in the broadcast. Most "unexplained phenomena" shows thrive on such visual material and typically use far fuzzier, less interpretable images to make their case. Second, the CGI rendering of the cloud cover at the time of the incident failed to convey the dramatic character of the "hole" punched through the clouds by the UAP-- a hole through which witnesses reported seeing blue sky. The digital sky reconstruction depicted only scattered cloud cover, which reduced the overall visual impact of the hole.

The CGI department also took some unfortunate liberties with multiple eyewitness' descriptions of the UAP's alleged featureless surface and smooth texture, adding radial ridges and other random detail to the object. In my opinion, the facts in this case are sufficiently interesting without the addition of such distracting artistic fantasy.

Overall, there was no new significant information presented in the History Channel production and it remains very interesting to me that no other photographic images, video, or credible eyewitnesses have surfaced since January/February 2007. Has anyone seen any additional information about the O'Hare UAP?

And does ANYONE know anything about the fate of ATS's "Eyewitness"?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I find the idea of the object punching a visible hole in the cloud very interesting. I would have thought however , that suction would have pulled cloud in toward the wake of the craft, rather than blasting it completely out of the way. Mind you I suppose that would apply more steadfastly to a machine with a jet engine, rather than something which in all likelihood runs on science with which I am not familiar

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bobjbax

MANY of us with aging or even young eyes cannot handle very comfortably masses of text. So . . . I'm taking the liberty to repost your post with liberal journalistic style paragraphing.

Eyewitness. Many pardons. I should have stated in my 10:30 post that in addition to the photo.. your accounting of the event was what really struck me. Absolutely spooky.. deja vu.

Your description of it's surface appearance, no features other than it's geometric form, above and below field reflectance qualities, it's departure modality and your feelings and senses of it's presence.

Precisely what we observed and experienced in 1980, near and clear, and your later post.. even the period of time present. I would like to provide you my accounting and analysis of our event.. which I have made serious effort to produce.. as it stands at this time.

I have had 25 years to reflect on those 10 minutes, do my due diligence and in my poor literary way try to overcome.. what you have so beautifully.. the lack of descriptive manifestation of these accounts.. so that folks might actually be able to accurately 'see' them.. feel them.. understand them. Know.

My ponderings and analysis are fairly complete.. I need to return to the site and try some other means to better establish it's actual physical size.. about the size of a small ocean going ship. Some other research and possible analysis.

It did not seem to spin at all. Clearly shadowed on the side away from the sun, the military surely had to have vectored those aircraft in there by radar reflectance.. so every indication.. including our observer sense of it is that it was a solid object. Rock steady..

interesting oscillating manuever before it proceeded slowly some distance laterally.. then instantly accelerating.. wrong word.. moving upward at a steep angle at a great velocity.. on out of sight.

Astoundingly.. no aerodynamic disturbance.. sound.. whatsoever. You may well find the accounting quite interesting.. and as I.. spooky. We were in the presence of the same.. something..

I realize that my encounter is old news.. though not much reported.. so not of much 'sex appeal' value to many.. as well as those who might wish to sensationalize such to profit.

But. Whatever this was. It is surely TIMELESS. 11,341 years ago.. 25 years ago.. just days ago.. the same. The same relevance.

Accurate reporting of such at whatever depth one might manage for others.. just as valuable. If only one could by these observations somehow predict it's, or whatever.. future appearance.. to have proper imaging and instrumentation in place to record the full electromagnetic spectrum.. radiological monitoring.. gravitational field perturbations.. whatever 'arrow of time' physics indicators.. dimensional perturbations.. some even perhaps 'non locality' or other experiments in place.

I know that I will not very likely be that privileged again. Never ever without a competent camera since. Most folks.. at first were electrified by it.. quite excited.. then after a couple of weeks time passed, in avoidance of acknowledgement.

Both, I think because such manifestations threaten everything.. or near so.. that we believe about our existence.. and because so many folks are not just skeptical.. but even predacious towards you in the ways so many behave.

The reason I finally decided to 'damn the torpedos' and preserve what we were privileged.. for others. 25 years later.. I still have no answer.. what it actually was.. but am greatly wiser I find.. by that experience.. and my seekings catalyzed by it since. What I tried to write about. Such as yours.. after some passage of time..

I think by your character.. will sometimes come into your thinking on other matters.. as well as the very nature of what you experienced.. as I.

And many others who do not shrink back into the safety of our programmed realities. To this end I provide: *Email And Phone Number Removed* Thank You so much for sharing this experience in the gracefully elegant way that you have. For all of US. To Know.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
"I was awoken from a dead sleep, last night I saw what I thought was UFO and more people saw it and I heard a loud noise just now from the sky. You don't think they are evil do you?"

Please direct her to

www.alienresistance.org...

or

www.ANCIENTofDAYS.net...

for the best answer I know of to her question.

Guy Malone has had plenty of teen abduction experiences and helped tons deal with the . . . critters etc. Also true for his wife.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
im sorry if i dnt meet the reply requirements but it is of the up most importance that i contact the admin idk how to work the site so plz admin contact me i have many important thing to teach you.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis23
im sorry if i dnt meet the reply requirements but it is of the up most importance that i contact the admin idk how to work the site so plz admin contact me i have many important thing to teach you.

Travis23.....

I suggest you start an introductory thread in this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This will allow you to build your post total to 20 so you can U2U a mod.

You'll also find a mod will send you instructions.

You can also immediately post questions here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
but why would the 'craft' be the exact same color as its surroundings? it seems that a droplet of water would appear to do that because it is clear and see-through... To me and I'm a pretty critical person I wouldn't think twice to just look at that and walk away after about 10 seconds and not care to look at again. that's what I did.. nothing much there at all to be honest.

did people make a big deal out of this? wow I'm pretty sure I have some photos with water on the lense.. I mean are they worth money nowadays?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here's another interesting report from a USAF document which describes a similar(ish) object over O'Hare airport from 1952 - the object was described as a smooth, silver, flat and oval shaped which 'moved faster than any jet fighter' - it was witnessed by three USAF Air Policemen as well as separately located firemen.

June 29, 1952; O'Hare Airport, Chicago, Illinois.

5:45-6:30 p.m. (CDT).

3 USAF air policemen, 83rd Air Base Sq, Air Police Detachment, S/Sgt. Lopez, A/1c Weber, and A/3c Korkowski, saw a bright silver, smooth surfaced, flat oval 30 ft object at about 500 to­1,000 ft height about 2-3 miles away reflecting sunlight surrounded by a blue circle of haze for the first 20-25 mins, hovering, appeared between radio towers for stations WGN and WBBN 7 miles away to the WSW at about 2° elevation and to the left and S of the setting sun, then move very fast to the right and left, and up and down relative to the radio towers, moving almost instantaneously and much faster than any jet fighter. Object rocked on its longitudinal axis, appeared oval when oriented vertically, thin and difficult to see when horizontal.
Object receded at high speed then disappeared like shutting off a light. No trail, no noise. Independently witnessed by Chicago firemen several miles away.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sadly i cant make new thread about i saw Ufo yesterday from my backyard..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Temperature inversion...

That was a popular explanation back then.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

It was a conjoined frame that moved, or was it the cloud ?

john

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I started this thread back when the story broke. Has there been any update on video of the sighting, or any photos that have been released?

I haven't heard anything about this important sighting for a while. I thought Dan Ackroyd was supposed to be releasing the video of the UFO in a film?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think this topic needs to be revisited. Hopefully some of those who originally spotted the craft will come forward in the coming years. This wasn't a normal UFO sighting as it was over one of the largest airports in the country, and was spotted by airline employees and pilots. I really wish more people would force the issue on this matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

is far is i know no photos were ever released which i always found odd i know this was a few years ago but prople had camera phones......siezed by the authorities?

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join