It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
It's not an ET craft.
It's a Russian advanced technology spy probe.
All, well all military developed countries, have access to this same technology, which is why this happens all over the world.It's just a new, secret, form of satellite spying.The cold-war never ended, it just wen't high-tech.

Interesting take. Any proof to back it up?

I think I'd believe weather phenomenon over russian spy probe without any proof whatsoever ...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
It's not an ET craft.
It's a Russian advanced technology spy probe.
All, well all military developed countries, have access to this same technology, which is why this happens all over the world.It's just a new, secret, form of satellite spying.The cold-war never ended, it just wen't high-tech.

OMG not again...OLD subject !!!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Don't know if it's already been said, but why the heck didn't NUFORC request the tapes???

One person mentioned that gas stations do security taping, so why not airports... Same explanation I'm afraid. They do record, but unless an event happens, the tapes are reused periodically. Same with retail stores, etc. I know as I used to rotate these when I had a security gig for retailers, and now I manage software projects for C-Stores (convenience stores) and MOC's (Major Oil Companies).

Would be great to get more than the same one-page story that keeps going around on this.

I think I'd believe weather phenomenon over russian spy probe without any proof whatsoever ...

Given their economy, I'd believe it was the Jetsons' family car over a russian spy plane!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Don't know if it's already been said, but why the heck didn't NUFORC request the tapes???

One person mentioned that gas stations do security taping, so why not airports... Same explanation I'm afraid. They do record, but unless an event happens, the tapes are reused periodically. Same with retail stores, etc. I know as I used to rotate these when I had a security gig for retailers, and now I manage software projects for C-Stores (convenience stores) and MOC's (Major Oil Companies).

Would be great to get more than the same one-page story that keeps going around on this.

Given their economy, I'd believe it was the Jetsons' family car over a russian spy plane!

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Gazrok]

Haha, agreed.

But back to the security camera argument, yea I would agree that if the stink made when the event happened wasn't large enough to concern the FAA, then there would be no way to get those visual records. Hell the radar records probably last longer that the videos would anyways.

It still begs the question why there aren't better security systems in place in places like this. If I can spend 140 bucks on a cheap webcam and a 120 GB harddrive to record a few days' worth of decent fps video you would think an airport could do the same. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here's a contradiction :

some of the witnesses describe the object quickly rising through the clouds and leaving a circuler hole in the clouds. but this witness says the object went east and dissapeared

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Here's a contradiction :

some of the witnesses describe the object quickly rising through the clouds and leaving a circuler hole in the clouds. but this witness says the object went east and dissapeared

www.nuforc.org...

Hehe the good ol' eyewitness conflicting reports vs. semantics issue.

What if it APPEARED to this witness to go to the east and that there was a lower ceiling to the east? Then it could have made a hole in the clouds (which satisfies the other eyewitnesses) as well as gone to the east (to satisfy this one).

Not saying that's the case, I'm just saying that I personally try and look past conflicting details in eyewitness reports. If 10 out of the 10 people I interview say they saw SOMETHING well then I'd have to believe that something was there to be seen even if 2 of them say it was yellow and one said it cursed at him.

EDIT: I have an example of this myself here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ... I saw a plane that looked like a B52 but THOUGHT it had single engines instead of doubles, of course I was wrong even though it passed over twice

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Fiverz]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
LINK

I found this on a site, know its probably a doctored photo. . but claims to be a UFO photographed in Chicago. Gives no date, and it isnt above ohare, no clouds either. But is floating out there claiming to be a UFO above chicago.

Bird. . ?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

It still begs the question why there aren't better security systems in place in places like this. If I can spend 140 bucks on a cheap webcam and a 120 GB harddrive to record a few days' worth of decent fps video you would think an airport could do the same. Just sayin'.

yeah, but that same camera that costs you 140 bucks will cost the government 1400 bucks.....and the government regulators are stupid enough that instead of checking to see what the fair price is, they'll just shoot the proposal down. seen that firsthand.

and by the way, the faa holds the radar and voice tapes for 15 days before reusing them.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
yeah, but that same camera that costs you 140 bucks will cost the government 1400 bucks.....and the government regulators are stupid enough that instead of checking to see what the fair price is, they'll just shoot the proposal down. seen that firsthand.

and by the way, the faa holds the radar and voice tapes for 15 days before reusing them.

Well I was talking about a webcam AND a hard drive, but I did not factor in the computer anyways.

And I agree about the upcharges and red tape ... still sad that I could probably outfit the entire airport for 50 grand and that the almighty dollar is the only thing keeping them from having those types of cameras (diverging away from UFOs and into security with this post).

But back on topic, I have not heard or seen a lick of info about this in the Chicago media since that burts on the 1st and 2nd. Suffice to say, I think we will not be getting much more info on this from mainstream sources ...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
LINK

I found this on a site, know its probably a doctored photo. . but claims to be a UFO photographed in Chicago. Gives no date, and it isnt above ohare, no clouds either. But is floating out there claiming to be a UFO above chicago.

Bird. . ?

Looks fairly disk-shaped to me... but it could be a bird in flight. It seems fairly dark compared to the rest of the photo as well. I haven't got photoshop so i can't tell you much more about it.

About the airport incident, i think we are experiencing history. It is going to go down in the UFO community as another of the great cover-ups. We will likely never find out what happened, and all these people speaking out will mysteriously die soon most likely.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just heard back from the webmaster at the website with the photo. . here is what he emailed back:

Dear XXXXX,

Thanks for the email. That picture was taken in January 2005 in Chicago. I have noticed an increase in traffic and bandwidth from this photo. I assume it is related to a news story about a UFO sighting in Chicago Nov of 06.

We believe our photograph is the same kind of UFO as the one described in the news. Is there a particular interest in this photograph? We would be happy to answer any questions.

Best Regards,

Michael Marino

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
O'hare airport is busier than usual these days. It not only has airplanes landing and taking off. Now it has ufos making landings and take-offs. Busiest air and space port in the world.
Chicago is "their" kind of town.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Here's a contradiction :

I agree with Fiverz. It may be possible that they were both telling the truth, relative to their positions, there may be a way for them neither to be lying. In fact, there may be many unknown reasons for them to both be telling the truth, and not contradictory in their accounts.

It may have taken awhile for this to make the news, not sure since it's been awhile since i watched the news. But .....

Last night on MSNBC on "Coundown with Keith Oberman" (sp?) the #1 story at the top of the countdown mentioned the reports of the Chicago airport sighting. Unfortunatley (which slightly upset me) they showed the video tape of the Phoenix lights from a few years back, but no commentary about the source of the tape not being from the sighting they were refering to from Chicago. The report said that both ground crews and tower airtraffic controllers said that the unidentified aircraft hovered over either taxiway or concourse "C". If they did say it was the runway, which they may have, i don't believe it is common practice to refer to an active runway with a letter. It is usually the compass direction in which landing/launching aircraft are heading in. So, their reporting may have been flawed, or misrepresented in their broadcast.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
If they did say it was the runway, which they may have, i don't believe it is common practice to refer to an active runway with a letter. It is usually the compass direction in which landing/launching aircraft are heading in. So, their reporting may have been flawed, or misrepresented in their broadcast.

youre right. runways are referred to by their number, which is the corresponding heading. for example, runway 27 (270 degrees). taxiways are identified alphabetically and spoken phonetically....taxiway "c" would be taxiway charlie.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
is any one aware of any ufo investigaters trying to track witness's down to get more info or find out if there is a photo?

jra

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

One person mentioned that gas stations do security taping, so why not airports...

Security camera's tend to point down, rather than up, so I wouldn't imagine there would be anything on the security camera's at all. Other than maybe showing some of the witnesses looking up at it.

It would be great if there was some soft of visual record of the event, but I think security camera's are going to be the last place where you'd see the UFO. Very unlikely anyway.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Update everyone someone is really digging into this all and it is not amatuers.

www.westport-news.com...

Local Watchdogs Seeking Info on O'Hare UFO Sighting
By Michael C. Juliano
Westport News
Article Launched:01/05/2007 09:58:05 AM EST
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a UFO?

Smoking Gun Research Agency (SGRA), a Westport-based paranormal research and investigation organization, is looking into a reported November sighting of a UFO over Chicago's O'Hare Airport after seeing it in the news recently.

"I heard about it on Monday on MSNBC," Jon Nowinski, SGRA's director, said Wednesday.

Nowinski, who founded SGRA in 1997, said he and his associates have been working with Mutual UFO Network Inc. (MUFON) of Bellvue, Colo., in an effort to obtain transmissions records from the Federal Aviation Administration.

"We should be able to get the information through FOI (Freedom of Information)," he said. "We're also going to try to contact the air-traffic control at O'Hare directly. There's going to be a number of channels we're going to try."

Nowinski said MUFON will conduct the ground investigation and interview witnesses, while the SGRA will try to contact government agencies, which may have investigated the O'Hare incident.

"Updates will be provided on both of the organization's Web sites as the investigation continues," he said.

James Carrion, a MUFON spokesman, said he was appalled how the FAA and United Airlines has dismissed this reported sighting.

"They subjected it to dismissal and ridicule," he said. "It's appalling in this post-9-11 era how someone can say 'bomb' in an airport line and get arrested, yet personnel at United Airlines see something like this and they (FAA and United Airlines) dismiss it."

According to a Jan. 1 story in the Chicago Tribune, United Airlines employees, including pilots, reported seeing a spherical object with no lights hover over the United terminal at about 4:30 p.m. and then rise up into the clouds. The FAA has dismissed the sighting as "weather phenomena," the Tribune reported.

Elizabeth Cory, an FAA spokeswoman, said the FAA has no records of any UFO sightings.

"Our people never saw anything or reported anything," she said. "They (SGRA) can always file an FOI report."

Nowinksi, a 26-year-old political science major, said he became interested in the paranormal as a seven-year-old child living in Greenwich after seeing a triangular-shaped craft with bright lights during the Hudson Valley sightings of the 1980s.

"I was walking with my sister when I looked up and saw an object that didn't look like an airplane," he said. "My family said it must have been an airplane, but a couple days later there was a story in the paper about a triangular object being seen."

SGRA plans to hold a 10-year anniversary party on Saturday, Jan. 13.

Call Nowinski at 247-0310 or consult SGRA's Web site at www.sgra-media.org for information.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
According to NUFORC a television interview of one of the witnesses has been filmed, and may appear soon on a national news program

Another Audio Interview with Chicago Tribune transportation reporter Jon Hilkevtich, who reported on the incident

www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Very interesting but I'm from in and around the area and locals have said that they regularly see things in the Ohare vicinity which might not be aircraft. Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real

What part exactly about this sighting says “alien spacecraft” to you? Shouldn’t all the other possibilities be ruled out first? How much information do you really have to base your opinion on at this point?

Point taken, but what Possibilities?

the Described Object is said to have appeard as a Metallic Disc which hoverd and shot through the clouds at hive speed leaving a Hole in the clouds.

We all know that Aliens visiting us in craft is in no way shape or form
Impossible and dosen't require any Mystical or "out-there" beleifs

Its perfectly plausable and fits the bill quite well I'd say

Why do you say we should rule out any other possibillities "FIRST" ?

I'm Pretty Shure God Dosen't exist, That would be more Wacky than Other life forms Visiting this planet.

but like you say, maybe We should rule out one of gods minions spying on us first,

Show mw some Pics of examples of what this could be,
Ball lightning or other "known" phenomenom, I'd like to some resembling the described object,

After all Other lifeforms visiting other planets LOL

Its not like we have landed on other planets is it haha

oh wait, yes we have.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join