It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real
An interesting comment posted on MSNBC...

When I was five years old, I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I walked down the hallway, and turned into the bathroom, where I saw a snake on the floor. I started to panic. I couldn't go into the bathroom because of the snake, and I couldn't NOT go into the bathroom, because my bladder was very full. I finally ran to my mother's room and told her about the snake in the bathroom. She walked me back down the hallway and turned on the bathroom light. There was no snake. What I had seen was a curving shadow cast on the floor by something very close to the night light. Yet I knew there was a snake there. I acted upon that knowledge, even though I didn't bother to check for evidence beyond that first observation. I could have turned on the light, naturally, but I was convinced I didn't have to because I already knew there was a snake on the floor. I required nothing more than the conviction of a snake present to go into a panic.

In a similar fashion (but without the panic), Mr. Davenport is seeing snakes where there aren't any. Someone needs to turn the light on for him.

-- J. Brook Monroe

I don't always agree with Peter Davenport, but this statement above is faulty in its logic and more of a round about put down rather than "illuminating".

Mr. Davenport receives reports of thousands of so called "snakes on the floor by the bathroom", not just one. Most of the time it probably is a shadow, and sometimes there is no shadow to explain the snake. When the light is turned on many people see what appears to be evidence to support the snake theory and no evidence to support the shadow.

Mr. Davenport is to the point where he wants to catch the snake (UFO) and is probably fed up with people saying everything is an illusion, since the illusion theory isn't always correct. I can see when he hears of some valid reports and a coverup happens that he becomes emotional.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
I don't always agree with Peter Davenport, but this statement above is faulty in its logic and more of a round about put down rather than "illuminating".

Mr. Davenport receives reports of thousands of so called "snakes on the floor by the bathroom", not just one. Most of the time it probably is a shadow, and sometimes there is no shadow to explain the snake. When the light is turned on many people see what appears to be evidence to support the snake theory and no evidence to support the shadow.

Mr. Davenport is to the point where he wants to catch the snake (UFO) and is probably fed up with people saying everything is an illusion, since the illusion theory isn't always correct. I can see when he hears of some valid reports and a coverup happens that he becomes emotional.

Agreed. As an addendum ... that poster forgot one important piece of logic ...

Snakes do indeed exist regardless of whether or not he or she saw one. Likewise there are indeed unidentifiable objects out there. Seems like a pretty fancy analogy to basically say nothing haha.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
MSNBC just had a teaser about the UFO.
Should be coming up within the hour.

Ok it's coming up next !!!

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Schaden]

Ok their expert first suggested maybe the witnesses had been drinking.
Unreal. The interviewer at least asked why the govt always changes its stories and dismisses anything as a weather related event.

I knew I'd be disappointed.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Unreal.

This just pisses me off. I was just at O'Hare last month and as always, it was ridiculously busy. Not just in the terminal, but on the tarmac. Planes take off from 2 runways at the same time about every 30 seconds, it's impressive.

NO way a taxi mechanic would be able to navigate that while drunk.

Think about this - United Airlines didn't fire this guy, or the 11 others when they almost went out of business after 9/11. Keeping them around meant that they were indispensable employees that worked hard for less money. I'd say that lends a bit of credibility. Remeber, one witness was an upper-management type.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000

Unreal.

This just pisses me off. I was just at O'Hare last month and as always, it was ridiculously busy. Not just in the terminal, but on the tarmac. Planes take off from 2 runways at the same time about every 30 seconds, it's impressive.

NO way a taxi mechanic would be able to navigate that while drunk.

Think about this - United Airlines didn't fire this guy, or the 11 others when they almost went out of business after 9/11. Keeping them around meant that they were indispensable employees that worked hard for less money. I'd say that lends a bit of credibility. Remeber, one witness was an upper-management type.

Get ready for some gumbo and jambalaya in a few weeks, chi.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
Get ready for some gumbo and jambalaya in a few weeks, chi.

I'd be worried about the deep-dish pizza if I were you.

Would be a great matchup. Screw the Cowboys.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Mr. Davenport receives reports of thousands of so called "snakes on the floor by the bathroom", not just one. ... that poster forgot one important piece of logic ...

Snakes do indeed exist regardless of whether or not he or she saw one. Likewise there are indeed unidentifiable objects out there.

All it really takes is for one person to say that they saw an Unidentified Flying Object (commonly referred simply as UFO), for others to also chime in and say "yes I saw a UFO", regardless of what they first thought when they saw it.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
you guys need to get a qb. It would be a good matchup though, would love to see us beat you in Chi town.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Unreal.

hmmm im pretty familiar with the effects of drinking(as im sure a bunch of us are
) but i dont remember seeing anything like a ufo or anything hallucigenic for that matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
you guys need to get a qb.

I couldn't agree more. I wanted Brees when he was a FA. Want to trade for Orton?

Sorry mods, back on topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Grossman keeps me up at night. Seriously.

Yea it's possible that some people would just follow along if they heard someone say "HEY I SAW A UFO!!!". But still ... there has to be something there to begin with. I think we can all agree that "weather phenomenon" is pure B.S. considering there was no "weather phenomenon" until the Trib pushed for some info.

Hopefully we will hear more about this in the upcoming weeks ... I don't care if it's an ET or a military aircraft, I just want some damn answers.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Too bad for all of you that its all about the Seahawks baby! Bye cowboys,, bye Bears. . . had too. Sorry mods.

Anyway, did anyone else see the olbermann story on it tonight? I missed it, so if someone managed to record it could they youtube it? Unless of course it was the same old stuff.

I have a feeling this is just going to end. . like everything else. I mean, whats more important. An unknown object above the busiest airport in the world, or why Britney Spears wasnt wearing any underwear.

Okay, unfair question. . . . but you get my point.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Schaden-

September 10, 1954 – Quarouble

CONFUSION / HOAX?

10:30 p.m.. Marius Dewilde (aged 34), metalurgy workman, leaves his house when hearing his dog bark and sees a dark object on the railway; he then observed two dwarves who walked towards him. When he tried to stop them, an intense orange light was projected on him, and at this time, he felt paralysed. The beings measured less than 1 m, were squat and carried dark diving-suits. Neither the faces nor the arms were visible. Technicians of the French Aviation and gendarmerie observed traces in the railway, which were calculated to have been caused by an object which weighed some 30 tons. The witness had a second encounter one month later.

Sources:

MAGONIA catalogue nº143 and 226 ? Nord-Eclair (Lille), September 16, 1954.
Jacques Bonabot "Dossier Quarouble 1954" Bulletin Du GESAG, nº72 (June 1983) continued nº86 (December 1986) - 14 pages.

link

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i didnt see the msnbc report, but from what you guys have said it sounds like another case of reporter who doesnt have a freaking clue what he is talking about (big flipping surprise), and is counting upon the publics ignorance to make his version work.

all ground crew personnel are subject to the same random urinalysis and breathalyzer tests as controllers and pilots. there is a zero tolerance policy in effect for all of us. the "oh, he was probably drunk" excuse just doesnt work, and shows exactly how ignorant this particular reporter actually is IMHO. i'm not saying that i believe there was a UFO, but sure as hell this mechanic is more reliable than some pompous ass who knows absolutely nothing about the aviation industry and yet still tries to pass off his ignorance as fact to the american people.....and the sad thing is that they probably believe every word.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is an Idea!

Maybe we should all write the airport and demand these employee's be fired for violating federal laws, corporate policy and endangering people's lives.

1) If the airport knows they were not drinking then they will not risk getting sued by the union and/or the people for defamation of character, because that is exactly what this is "defamation of character".

2) Why would a reporter risked getting sued? to make a name for himself or to cover something up.

I don't have any emails or exact names, but threating with lawsuits always works wonders in the US, especially when it has merit.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is an interesting story.

As for the MSNBC report, I think it is well known to this community that main stream media is a joke when it comes to this subject (as well as many others.) They will invite some 'expert' who is more of a prosylatizer than anything else. They will bring in the Priests from both sides and start a little fight, then sell some cars and soap.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the 'myth' of CIA control of the media. I agree that there might be hyperbole on that assertion floating around, but a high level CIA person did tell me that they can manipulate the media as required, and that otherwise, the media is clueless about what is going on in the world. (Whether geopolitical or otherwise, I suppose.)

That seems like pretty good control to me. I'm sure it could never amount to total dictation, but certainly could produce the appropriate pre-explanations and announcements, as well as post-event explanations.

As a final thought, I've seen a lot of anthropological thinking here, which is totally cool, but we need to recall that the phenomena, if 'intelligent' and alien, could have little to do with things to which humans relate. 'Spying', 'observing', etc, are animal behaviors here on earth.

My point is, just keep your minds open about purpose, as it could be something we are unlikely to think of.

Looking forward to any further updates anyone finds...

I'd like any information from the eye witnesses about how the 'gray disk' was or was not uniform. I think one witness in an interview mentioned a haze on the bottom and some kind of discernible feature up top. I'd like to hear more about that.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I come with another idea...which seems to me more effective...witnesses SUE the Idiot( Reporter)!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How about the witness takes the reporter to "Judge Judy" or "People's Court"?

Seriously, though, if society:

1) Irrationally believes in this stuff
2) At the same time feels uncomfortable with the stigma
3) Is not interested in the discovery, science, or explanation process
4) Likes fights on TV
5) Always believes assertiveness of a polemic over logic and reason

Then what is going to change in the human dynamic, even if someone sues?

One will always be able to use an effective polemic against reason when evidence can be drowned out with shame and ridicule.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Think about the effect of a leggally official SUE in media...with this atctical move teh subject will be put on media even more !

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's not an ET craft.
It's a Russian advanced technology spy probe.
All, well all military developed countries, have access to this same technology, which is why this happens all over the world.It's just a new, secret, form of satellite spying.The cold-war never ended, it just wen't high-tech.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join