It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fake UFO Abduction Video. Your opinion?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Warning, the following video is NOT real!

Ok now that that's out of the way, I have created a short 38 second video about a UFO abduction. The purpose is that in the next year or two I plan on beginning work on an Abduction Feature Film and I wanted to start practicing and working out Idea's that i have for UFO shots and compositing. So who better to ask for constructive critism than the fine people of ATS? If you are so inclined I am curious to the believability of the Video and any mistakes that you can spot that would make you think that it is fake.

The Video can be found Here. Fake Alien Abduction Video.

Let me know what you think, Mod's I felt this was the correct place for this thread but if feel differently please feel free to move it as I'm sure you will




posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
After reading your opening post JackJuice, I can say this: No comment. The opening post speaks for itself.

While I do not truly believe in the existence of extraterrestrials, it is mini productions like this that makes any serious research into aliens/ufo's into a comedy.

And I think this should be in BTS in the Jokes/Pranks forum, rather than here.

2 cents.




[edit on 12/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]



posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
After reading your opening post JackJuice, I can say this: No comment. The opening post speaks for itself.

While I do not truly believe in the existence of extraterrestrials, it is mini productions like this that makes any serious research into aliens/ufo's into a comedy.

And I think this should be in BTS in the Jokes/Pranks forum, rather than here.

2 cents.




[edit on 12/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]


I understand your point of view, however i ask that you try to understand that I am not trying to mislead anyone and am making it clear that the following is for ENTERTAINMENT Value only!



posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Not too bad...Perhaps you could have either an overhead shot of a mock-craft or something emulating being hit with a beam (like blue or red light in the frame) just prior to dropping the camera.



posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Not too bad...Perhaps you could have either an overhead shot of a mock-craft or something emulating being hit with a beam (like blue or red light in the frame) just prior to dropping the camera.


If you look real close there is a yellowish light when the camera lifts off the ground. That part was really poorly done because i didn't have an actual light to use.

Unfortunatley a multi shot short take's a lot more resources than the 5 minutes it took me to shoot that video, and the 2 hours in after effects to animate the UFO. BTW it only took two hours because i was having issue's with the motion tracking, suprisingly the hardest part is making the UFO stationary
.

In the future I have plans for another shoot similiar to this one only a bit longer and at night which will utilize actual lights, after that i want to do a 10 minute short with actors that I have already written the script to.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What I didn't like about this was you posting it on YouTube like it was a real video...



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reminds me of this video:

www.youtube.com...

From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

related more recent thread. Same video different source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32


reminds me of this video:

www.youtube.com...

From this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

related more recent thread. Same video different source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


That video is an obvious fake, he forgot to muddy the ufo up. First off it would be less clear because of distance and atmosphere and second the crispness of the trees in the distance is bad so therefore an object as far or further should be bad. The better the community is at recognizing fakes the better off we will all be



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Obviously fake, i can see the "UFOs" faluire to follow the natural movements of the camera



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
Obviously fake, i can see the "UFOs" faluire to follow the natural movements of the camera


Which video are you talking about the original? and can you elaborate on failure to follow the movement of the camera?



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good job!

The beginning looks realy good.
(that first zoom accross)

It seems a bit strange when it’s coming towards you at the end. I can see the mass object coming towards me, but I don’t “feel” it. Seems like there should be wind or something or trees folding over. Maybe you could add a muffle sound to the mic when it flies over. I also didn’t get the falling over and dropping the camera a second time. (is that a hiccup?)

I agree with TrappedSoul, you shouldn’t be pretending it’s real on Youtube. Maybe you want uncorrupted opinions,(like mine, knowing it's a fake) but as mention previously, it hurts the truth movement.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Good job!

The beginning looks realy good.
(that first zoom accross)

It seems a bit strange when it’s coming towards you at the end. I can see the mass object coming towards me, but I don’t “feel” it. Seems like there should be wind or something or trees folding over. Maybe you could add a muffle sound to the mic when it flies over. I also didn’t get the falling over and dropping the camera a second time. (is that a hiccup?)

I agree with TrappedSoul, you shouldn’t be pretending it’s real on Youtube. Maybe you want uncorrupted opinions,(like mine, knowing it's a fake) but as mention previously, it hurts the truth movement.


Thanks for the feedback, your right about not feeling the incoming mass, i Need a solid sound library before i can give it that, a the moment i don't have the sounds to do it. There was supposed to be a light that turns on so you know that the camera man is being picked up by the craft but as i said before i should of used a real light not a computer one.

As for youtube, your right i do want some uncorrupted opinions before i reveal it. However, you can rest assured i will reveal on youtube that it is a fake after a few comments are posted.

As for hurting the truth movement i disagree, we live in a new era I call it the "MisInformation Age" the more we learn to spot fakes and the sort the better off we are. With the technology that is out today these types of video's can be made easily and are being made. Regardless if I make a video like this or not there are going to be people that do and won't tell you about it. With the ease that i made this video, however good or poor, it is I think safe to assume that video evidence alone does not constitute proof. I feel that the we all need to realise this so that when someone does make a video without admitting it is a fake than that won't hurt the truth movement.

Your welcome to disagree with me of course and I will be here for open dialogue on the subject.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I didn't see the video I'm reading the posted messages.

There must be a million fake or videos I'm just waiting for the real Alien
who designed the ufo to step forward.

Just kidding, save the rage or comments.

Its interesting how you are coaching on how to make it more real looking.

Sparks have been flying out of some new ones, interesting subject.

There are dark objects, purple haze clouds, bright spheres, flares, circle
or disks and much more I suppose.


Ed: wait what am I saying, that would be a cool idea, nah interview with
the Alien designer thats been done most likely



[edit on 12/8/2006 by TeslaandLyne]



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I didn't see the video I'm reading the posted messages.

There must be a million fake or videos I'm just waiting for the real Alien
who designed the ufo to step forward.

Just kidding, save the rage or comments.

Its interesting how you are coaching on how to make it more real looking.

Sparks have been flying out of some new ones, interesting subject.

There are dark objects, purple haze clouds, bright spheres, flares, circle
or disks and much more I suppose.


Ed: wait what am I saying, that would be a cool idea, nah interview with
the Alien designer thats been done most likely

[edit on 12/8/2006 by TeslaandLyne]


Well, I'm a filmmaker so of course making it seem more real is something that interests me. I don't like the new ones with the sparks and flashes of light on them, it just doesn't seem right to me and makes them feel more fake. Besides a lot of the flashes ive seen on them are easy to spot as special effects. I've also been toying with the idea of using a semi-transparent metalic UFO that might be interesting too.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can see where you are coming from. Its test footage for a drama you want to shoot. I've been considering the same thing and yet to figure out how to do it. I think your clip is really good. I would love to know how you did it..



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwingingMonkey
I can see where you are coming from. Its test footage for a drama you want to shoot. I've been considering the same thing and yet to figure out how to do it. I think your clip is really good. I would love to know how you did it..



I'll give you a run down of what i did, and if you want more details about anything specific just ask and I would be happy to provide them.

First I went out into my yard with a plan that i would shoot a section of the sky, i felt it was important to have the tree line in the shot. I decided the UFO should fly out of the shot and then after i reaquire the UFO by zooming out then it would swoop down on me and knock me over. After that a lightbeem would come on and pick me up and I would drop the camera. (This part didnt work out to well) All of that took about 5 minutes with two takes. (the first take ended up with me in the frame after the second drop)

Now comes the hard part, into adobe after effects. After digitizing the video i took it into after effects, I needed to find something that i could use as a UFO, i considered building one myself but felt that would take too long so i launched google images and found the following image.



I then proceeded to clean that image up and remove the gray around the image. I took it into after effects and placed it into my scene. I resized the ufo and began work on the hardest part of the process, Making the UFO stationary. I need to motion track a stationary object like a tree in order to make the UFO appear stationary. So i attempted motion tracking a branch on the tree. I ran into problems however with the zoom up. A zoom crushes the depth of an image so to speak and was causing my ufo to dip when the zoom came. Therefore there was only one logical thing to motion track and that was the clouds. Unfortunately the contrast in the clouds changed and was poor so i had to go through this frame by frame in large sections of it to make sure it took. If you look closely you can still see a little wobble in the UFO which pulls you out of any suspension of disbelief. Then I had to do another motion track of two different tree's this time in order to get the scale change of the object during the zoom up, this wasn't too bad.

After zooming off, which is easy to do, i had to motion track more clouds so it would briefly appear and disappear while the camera was searching for it. I used a peticular cloud formation to do this. Then the pull back Again motion tracking the same cloud and again motion tracking the tree's for scale. This time that was much harder because in the zoom out the detail got very very poor on the tree's and i had to go frame by frame fixing the track.

Then came the zoom up to the camera which i had timed up with my jolt and fall backwards. This was pretty easy to do but still after all of this work this thing doesnt look real at all. So here we go and muddy up the image. First i applied a motion blur for anytime the UFO moved. Then I added grain to the UFO to make it look like it was video instead of a still image. Then i had to match the blur with the UFO to other objects at the same distance. I also had to blur it signifigantly for when it attacked me so that you couldnt see that the angle of the UFO was way off for heading over top of you, as you can see in the picture. And voila a UFO!

Also i added a light for the pickup part but I woudl recommend using a real light since this didnt work out to well. Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for your feedback btw



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Case in point, JackJuice:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here a member found your video on YouTube, unknowing of this Hoax Video thread.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Case in point, JackJuice:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here a member found your video on YouTube, unknowing of this Hoax Video thread.



And how long did it take for someone to correct him and point him to the thread i created? Now he can come here and see how easy it is to make a fake ufo film and won't easily be lead astray by others, if he didnt already know.

Point being fakes happen and are going to happen again and again we should learn how they work so we don't accept false evidence. Education is the key here.



posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
Point being fakes happen and are going to happen again and again we should learn how they work so we don't accept false evidence. Education is the key here.


Okay, fair enough.




posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You should’ve titled your thread How to Easily Fake UFO footage. Although I knew it was possible, I never realized how easy it was. Thanks
.

Originally posted by JackJuice
With the ease that i made this video, however good or poor, it is I think safe to assume that video evidence alone does not constitute proof.


I’ve been thinking a bit about this also lately. I had read some comments made by John Lear in another threat very similar to the ones you’re expressing above. (Although he is speaking of Dulce, the same applies to UFOs)


Originally posted by johnlear (bold emphasis mine)
… I am not going to jump through endless hoops to prove something I already know exists. Clothes with bloody holes burnt through them? Surely you jest? Medical reports? Sworn affidavits? You are going to have to do a lot better than that. Pictures? You must be joking. Every single one of those items can be faked.

You are going to have to get serious donk_316 and come up with something every single member on ATs will accept as iron clad proof that Dulce exists. Not only that but after I deliver what you ask for (approved by ever single single member of ATS) I want a "Hero of ATS" award for having met the challenge.

From: inside dulce 5th level blood lab photo
www.abovetopsecret.com...



Of course his challenge is yet to be met, what would constitute absolute proof?

There’s a ton of UFO video in this Google Video compilation.

BTW, I asked Sandra about the illuminati… weird…


Human: tell me about the illuminati
Sandra: Shhh, It's best that we not talk about that here. Preperations aren't fully completed yet.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join