It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is much discussion about the coming N.W.O. There always seems to be discussion of this looming presense which will rule over us all. With this discussion there is usually a sentiment of opposistion. People voicing their distaste for this 'soon-to-be' ruling class.

But I am forced to wonder: Think hypothetically for a moment and imagine that this N.W.O is taking/has taken power. If a position of power were to be granted to you by this hypothetical N.W.O. would you accept it? Would you 'buy into' thier doctrine for the guarente that you and your family would be economically secure and physically safe?

I am interested in hearing the responses...but am keeping in mind the fact that hypothetical morals are easier to keep then a real life oppurtunity.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of the fantastic movie - "They Live," where people sell out "for a peice of the pie" before its all gone. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven type of deal. I imagine some people might take the job while secretly planning on dismantling the NWO from the inside, but eventually come to love their chains too much to risk losing every privilege they have.

Personally, I would not take the job+money.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased
at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take,
but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
-Patrick Henry

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ViolatoR,

Thanks for the response.

First things first: The live is a great movie and I actually just watched it again last night. Interesting timing.

Secondly, I like your idea about people joining with 'great intentions' but becoming to attached to go through with any form of dismantling.

I wonder how many will reply with the same notion that you have --that you would not go for the job/security/safety. But the problem still remains: moral conviction is easy to have in a hypothetical world; it becomes a test in reality.

I look forward to others thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would take or not take the position depending on my current status.

If it was just me, and I had no family to be with or people to care for, I would take the job in order to be able to understand what is going on. I would want to know everything about everything.

If I had a family, kids, and friends to care for then I would not take the position for the sake of not being around enough to be with my loved ones.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So are you saying that you would not take it if you had a family because you are afraid it will take away from your 'personal time'?

I am not trying to be a jerk about it...I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just for kicks.

What if the goal (and literal end result) of the 'NWO' is true and lasting peace on earth?

FOR ALL of us?

I mean, after all - who was it (Mark Twain?) that said you can't expect to keep trying to solve a problem with the same methods used in the past (unsuccessfully). We have, in our current known shared history as the human race, NOT had a single day of world peace in 7,000 years!

My God! That is atrocious if you really think about it!

Now think about these lyrics by my fellow Libran and love-hippie-believer, John Lennon:

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

WHY do we ASSUME that unity is going to be some evil coming about because of malevolent aliens or eternally cursed demon-spawn from hell?

WHY?
Is OUR way working, anyway? Who's to say the ET's or the AC's don't have a better plan??!? We definitely need to try a different method for achieving peace; other than VIOLENCE and DIVISION - and creating enclosures, fear and paranoia.

If there were just 'ONE' community on this planet - that held human rights as the basic right to 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' - or, 'the four freedoms,' as FDR phrased it (on January 6, 1941): They are freedom of speech, of religion, from want, from fear.

Now is that not sensible?
And FAIR and impartial if applied GLOBALLY?

FDR was a wise man - I don't care what anyone says to the contrary; my parents were young adults when he was President and I know it was a positive experience for this country. He was elected 4 times in a row!

There were many wise men in our history having to make terribly burdensome decisions (such as FDR made concerning Japan) because of WAR. And THAT was a 'heads-up' for the WORLD....keeping our itchy little fingers FAR from those red buttons for over 50 years! But that's forced control through fear. We need to also consider something else FDR said:

There is nothing to FEAR but FEAR itself.

F alse
E vidence
A ppearing
R eal

[edit on 12/8/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
So are you saying that you would not take it if you had a family because you are afraid it will take away from your 'personal time'?

Not only that but, I also wouldn't take it unless it was for the better of my family. I do not care about my personal time. I care only about the personal happiness, and general well being of my family and my friends. If this was effected in a negative way I would never take the job no matter what.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Queeny,

I like your take one it. I, personally, do not even believe that there is an all encompassing N.W.O. in the works. So for the sake of this argument lets assume that it is that nasty Illuminati everyone keeps talking about...or something else to that degree --something with a negative conotation.

This thread is meerly for enjoyment...I wonder how strong some people hold their convictions against their N.W.O. (in whatever form it may take).

Oh and, great song by the way.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The elite behind the new world order are private bank owners (alien influenced) who are above the goverment and the law. Anyone who get very close to exposing them to the public will be taken care of. There is nothing we can do to stop it seens the police and even the army will work for making the NWO happen without knowing themself. The only way one can stop it is if everyone fight physicaly against it so they loose all controll seens they threaten anyone who dare to bring up the truth.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think the question is moot as we are all already working for an all-controlling global "organisation" (for want of another word) in that we all do things (our jobs) every day that most of us hate so that we can earn enough MONEY to survive. Isn't this the same thing!? We all spend precious time away from our families and friends to go to work so that we can buy more expensive things than those that our friends and family have! We need to get back to a lifestyle of working from home so that we can spend much needed time with our children, etc. This is why I believe that the internet is going to revolutionise this world in that more people will be able to "work from home" than have in the last hundred or more years and thereby earn only what they need to clothe, feed and house their families and spend the rest of the time in more spiritually productive activities. Just my 2c!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
The elite behind the new world order are private bank owners (alien influenced) who are above the goverment and the law. Anyone who get very close to exposing them to the public will be taken care of. There is nothing we can do to stop it seens the police and even the army will work for making the NWO happen without knowing themself. The only way one can stop it is if everyone fight physicaly against it so they loose all controll seens they threaten anyone who dare to bring up the truth.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by InSaneTK]

So your answer to my little hypothetical is?

Sorry if I sound rude. I do appreciate your input but, unless I misread, I don't see your answer to the original question.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
I think the question is moot as we are all already working for an all-controlling global "organisation"

Alright, valid point and an interesting take on economics as well. But assume it isn't moot and assume that my hypothetical N.W.O. takes control (think of something along the lines of V For Vendaetta but on a global scale).

Would you take an oppurtunity to work for them?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Certainly not. I am in fact in the process of removing myself from the city and moving to the countryside. I will still have to work but I can work doing something that I enjoy instead of what I have to do to survive. Scale down a little and you'll see that you can make do with a lot less than you thought you could. I have gone from a 2 income family to a 1 income family literally overnight and it has taken me 5 years to get back on my feet but we are more financially stable and happier at the moment than we have been in the 11 years of our marriage. Once we've moved out of the city, I'm sure that complete contentment will follow shortly thereafter. I believe very strongly that the only way to prevent yourself from being sucked into sheep mentality is to forcefully break yourself free of the constraints placed on us by society. Move out! It's not as difficult as you think it is. Take the chance - it may mean that you get to live to 105 and be happier than you ever thought possible.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

There is much discussion about the coming N.W.O. There always seems to be discussion of this looming presense which will rule over us all. With this discussion there is usually a sentiment of opposistion. People voicing their distaste for this 'soon-to-be' ruling class.

Ahh spines, I have noticed your thread!
I think that people just like to have drama in their lives of any sort. This is just my opinion of course, but take a step back people, and look at what is happening all around us all of the time. We are all so caught up in the moment of our lives that we are supposed to see this looming super-secret pseudo-super N.W.O.? C'mon, even if it were true, and yes, it may be..................what are we to do about it? I mean really, not to be one to sit on the fence of an issue but this is so much bigger than us! We all know that if, "Big Brother", wants to silence you, well it's pretty easy....thus he knows we will just deal and idly sit by and comply.
We can't keep tabs on our own , "Real" government, much less one of global dominance!
I am sure I will get flamed for my opinion, but hopefully the N.W.O is a democracy as this is and we can voice our opinions to some degree!!!!!!!!

By the way, nice thread spines

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
People do it already, out in the open.
People join corporations and set about exploiting workers in Third World nations... tiny wages, dangerous conditions, use of dangerous materials that have been banned elsewhere.... knowingly doing injustices to these people for the sake of profits and personal success.

Easy.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes, big corporations seem to be the target of more than one N.W.O. believer and it is an interesting idea.

But, I am asking for you to answer my hypothetical question involving a Big Brother-esque N.W.O....let us try and stay a bit on topic...please

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Ahh spines, I have noticed your thread!
I think that people just like to have drama in their lives of any sort. This is just my opinion of course, but take a step back people, and look at what is happening all around us all of the time. We are all so caught up in the moment of our lives that we are supposed to see this looming super-secret pseudo-super N.W.O.? C'mon, even if it were true, and yes, it may be..................what are we to do about it? I mean really, not to be one to sit on the fence of an issue but this is so much bigger than us! We all know that if, "Big Brother", wants to silence you, well it's pretty easy....thus he knows we will just deal and idly sit by and comply.
We can't keep tabs on our own , "Real" government, much less one of global dominance!
I am sure I will get flamed for my opinion, but hopefully the N.W.O is a democracy as this is and we can voice our opinions to some degree!!!!!!!!

By the way, nice thread spines

Well my friend, like I have asked anyone else who has posted here without answering the original question: If this was a Big Brother type N.W.O. and you were aware of the 'evil' behind said N.W.O. would you take the job or resist?

Thanks for taking notice of the thread by the way.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't trying to take particular aim at Corporations, just pointing out that people do sell their souls every day already. They do evil as long as there is rationalization and self interest to make it easier. A way to answer a Hypothetical question is to mutate it a bit an see how you would answer a similar, more real question. That's all I was trying to do.

Would I?
For the safety of my family, sure. I'll write the software in the explosive Social Control neck braces you and everyone else will be forced to wear. If that's what it will take.

Would I do it merely for social status or for money? No.
I wouldn't work for a Tobacco company, I wouldn't torture prisoners at Guantanamo... If I can survive without doing evil, then I will choose the alternatives.

Of course a NWO wouldn't obviously declare themselves to be Evil Overlords. It would be subtler. I might be convinced to do Evil "For the Good of the Nation". As so many people already do.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by emjoi]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ah, this is the type of honest, interesting and intelligent answer I was waiting for.

First off: I was not angry about you discussing corporations. I love that take on the subject but I was just hoping to keep the threat on task. Perhaps you should start a thread with your theories on the matter of corporations; I would gladly contribute.

Secondly: I agree 100% with the notion that a N.W.O. of the 'Big Brother' variety would not come out and be openly evil.

For those living within this N.W.O. (citizens and people working for alike), the 'evil' would be hidden under the familiar guise of nationalism and patriotism. For those who are on the outside looking in or on the inside but seeing things for how they really are then this mirage would fail before their eyes.

But of course, this is all just reflection on my little hypothetical situation.

Thank you for the feedback.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

Well my friend, like I have asked anyone else who has posted here without answering the original question: If this was a Big Brother type N.W.O. and you were aware of the 'evil' behind said N.W.O. would you take the job or resist?

To answer your question, it all depends on what other vested interests I have at the moment. If I had nothing or rather nobody to care for, I would resist for sure! However, I have many loved ones that would not need to be threatened or harmed in any way due to my personal agenda for resistance. Others are more important than myself in my life and I would therefore not be able to justify putting anybody else in danger for whatever selfish motive I would have.

Sorry so long winded but wanted to be clear and stay on topic....................Peace to you my friend, Mondo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join