It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Lost Pictures of Bohemian Grove

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Bohemian Grove is an 11 km² (2700-acre) campground located at 20601 Bohemian Ave, in Monte Rio, California[1] belonging to a private San Francisco-based men's fine arts club known as the Bohemian Club. In mid-July each year, Bohemian Grove hosts a two-week encampment of some of the most powerful men in the world.

The Bohemian Club's membership includes many artists, particularly musicians, as well as many high-ranking business leaders, government officials (including some US Presidents) and senior media executives. As a measure of the Club's exclusivity, it is reported the waiting list for membership is from 15 to 20 years, though a fast track, three-year membership process is possible. Two current members must sponsor a prospective member. An initiation fee of $25,000 as of 2006 is required in addition to yearly membership dues. Elected members are also allowed to prorate the initiation fee into equal annual payments until they reach the age of 45.

Bohemian Grove was established over time, shortly after the founding of the Bohemian Club in 1872.

en.wikipedia.org...

For what its worth.

I think there is no doubt it exist as a mens club. What the purpose of the club is , is up for debate.
Also look at the bottom of the link I posted and see how many books have been written about it over the years.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It may very well exist, but until someone comes out and states that they are a member and lets everyone know what its goals and beliefs are,everything is conjecture... I am certainly not going to believe that any group is some kind of a "demon cult" just because a handful of individuals state that it is.. Many say that Masonry is "demonic" as well,I know that to be a fallacy.. There is too much information about them that states otherwise.

With Skull and Bones, we already have a pretty clear, admitted by its members, idea of what they believe and the ceremonies they perform. With BG, we really don't...We have a bunch of film of,as far as I can render, homosexual men dancing around a camp fire...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
etshrtslr,I have yet to come across anyone, unlike with Skull and Bones, announce that yes indeed they were member of BG. I have heard a bunch of rumors and allleged photos,but nothing more. I have yet heard an actual explanation of what the group believes or practices...Again, I have heard a bunch of rumors,not an actual member admitting to anything. Whereas, Skull and Bones has pretty much been revealed, BG lurks in the shadows....

Hmmm, I've been there myself, seen guys come there for the July gathering and my dad used to go. It's also documented any number of places. Their main headquarters is an enormous rococo building in downtown San Francisco, which everyone in San Francisco knows about. It's called the Bohemian Club and they have high level speakers there.
How much more proof do you want?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ForetsLady how does the community feel about this stuff? Are they against all the things that go on thier? How do you feel what goes on at the Grove?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
ForetsLady how does the community feel about this stuff? Are they against all the things that go on thier? How do you feel what goes on at the Grove?

The community where the gatherings take place is a small town named Monte Rio. The folks who live there LOVE having the Grove there. Why? Well it brings alot of money into small businesspeople in MR. One lady owns a hotel and supplies hookers to the attendees and may give kickbacks to the cops so they won't talk. There's also lots of methamphetamine business for the locals. And I think they're just plain proud to be hosting a gathering for the good (as they see it) Republicans.

And well, how do I feel about it? Strongly enough to lead a protest outside the entrance! In fact, there is a protest every year and has been since 1980, which gets alot of support from other locals, ones who live outside Monte Rio, etc. I don't like that policy is created there, behind closed doors, without the input of us regular Joes. I believe, and this is just my opinion, that some rather sinister things may be going on there, among the upper elites and very secretly from the rest of the Grove. For more info on that, read "Franklin Sex Scandals" about very high level Repubs and pedophilia. They are at any rate hypocritical. My Dad, a good man, quit going after 2 times I think, which meant he didn't like the goings on either.

In my opinion, the best website on the 'net to find out about all this is

sonomafreepress.com

Lots of articles, lists of past attendees, references, etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Forest,not to turn this into a political debate because to be honest I despise both the Republican and Democrat parties, but.. you seem to assume that these are Republicans that are going to these "meetings" at Bohemian Grove..

The main problem that I have with this assumption is that many of the activities that supposedly go on there, are quite abhorred by the Republican party.. There are claims that there are homosexual activities going on there... Ummm, that doesn't sound very Republican to me..

I'd believe that it were left leaning Democrats before I'd believe that this was some kind of Republican good ol' boy club..

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You are so right SOT. There are representitives from both parties. I can't believe that the owners of businesses are going along with this. How sad and far people go for the all mighty dollar. I was looking at houses out in Monte Rio not to long ago. Awsome place and awsome houses. I love the big red wood trees out their. Just looks like a great place to live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join