It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh the Humanity: Congresscritters now required to work 5 days a week?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Say it ain't so!?! Oh the Humanity! Here is what one Congressman had to say.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"Keeping us up here eats away at families," said Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), who typically flies home on Thursdays and returns to Washington on Tuesdays. "Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families -- that's what this says."

So then why don't you reduce the workweek for the average American family then Mr Kingston? No? That only applies to the Elite eh? That's because it isn't the amount of work a Family has to do just to make ends meet that is destroying the family, it's those God-Forsaken Liberals with their Homosexual Agenda that's at fault!

Setting a calendar that satisfies 435 members is impossible, said the current majority leader, Rep. John A. Boehner (R-Ohio), who will become minority leader in January. "Between the travel issues, the members' work schedules, the family and district issues, it was a Rubik's cube," he said.

I really like this quote. It's like they're going up there for a Picnic and not to Work. I can't remember a job that gets a yearly raise for minimal work that was that flexible.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If we can do it, they can do it.

Suck it up and do your damn job. That's what we pay you the big bucks for, after all.

'Nuff said.

Oh, and if the next sitting President can manage to NOT take an obscene number of vacations, that would be good too. Start paying these chumps by the hour. Make them punch a clock every day.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That's funny to someone who works 6 days a week and 10 hour days. Sure most of the time I am on a computer or playing Tetris on my Gameboy, but I do have to make a round every hour on the hour and check IDs. Although the armored Humvee and MP5 are a pretty good clue they belong on the site.
Even better, his reasoning behind why Democrats want them to work 5 days a week.
"Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families -- that's what this says."
Yep, they hate families so much they make Congressmen and women work! Oh the lack of humanity...

Just thought of something, only Republicans are complaining. These are the people who say people on Welfare are getting money for nothing and are anti-AMerican. Yet someone who makes what, 300,000 a year for accepting bribes from Jack Abramoff and have sex with children aren't getting money for nothing?

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Um Hi]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately the more "work" they do, they more the American people are likely to suffer. Remember, the new majority hasn't had power in Congress in 12 years. No wonder why they want to work more, thinking of more ways to tax Americans takes time.

I was going to say "but seriously", but I was being serious. Working 5 days a week is nothing to complain about though. Republicans are going to need to work 5 days a week just to bring deadlock, which is a good thing!

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So you bitch and whine whenever the Democrats roadblock but it's A okay if you side does it. Ah Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
So you bitch and whine whenever the Democrats roadblock but it's A okay if you side does it. Ah Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I am more likely to bitch and whine when Republican roadblock other Republicans. That happened quite a bit in the last 12 years, and that is why they lost power. Moderates in the Republican Party need to be defeated and replaced with conservatives just as much as Democrats.

The quickest way for Republicans to gain back power is to shut down the government for the next 2 years. And it will be a 5-day a week job!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Still funny as hell that Republicans are complainging about working. When will they have time to take bribes from Halliburton and Abramoff after losing their bookmark so they have to bend the page over if they are working 5 days a week?

Also, Chrysler, owned by a Republican, must really hate families since most factory workers have to work 6 days a week.

Oh, and quoting Bush at the Halloween Party about his plan to save Iraq...

ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com...

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Um Hi]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Um Hi

Also, Chrysler, owned by a Republican, must really hate families since most factory workers have to work 6 days a week.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Um Hi]

Unions work 6 days a week? I doubt that very seriously. Do you have a link to auto factory workers working 6 day a week?
Or did you just make that up?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Also, Chrysler, owned by a Republican

Chrysler is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, a German corporation.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
1st, 2nd shift all work 6 days a week, 10 hour shifts.

www.mojeepin.com...
Despite operating six 20-hour days a week on overtime for more than two months,

Also, my father and several of his friends, including my brother, work at a Chrysler Factory.

Sorry, Republicans REALLY hate families, they make them work 6 days a week, 10 hours a day.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Also, Chrysler, owned by a Republican

Chrysler is owned by Daimler-Chrysler, a German corporation.

Uh, the plants, and factory's, are owned and ran by rich people who are Republicans. the Parent COmpany may be in Germany but the orders are not coming from people who speak German, or Duetch, whatever it's called. WOuld be funny to see, thousands of American workers standing around as a guy rambles on in German.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What you people do not know about are the hours these representatives meet with lobbyist and/or various other groups, businesses and associations throughout the week. Also ther number of hours they meet with other representatives.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I heard on TV that Congress will be out at the request of Florida and Ohio representatives so they can watch college football.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

[edit on 1/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Damn! I wish I could take a day off to watch a football game!

Just more of the same!

Then next week they are only working 4 days again! Yep, MLK's birthday is next Monday. Another day I don't have off.

new topics

top topics

join