It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This A Scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I recesntly bought about 350$ worth or Tool Merchindise on Www.rockibilia.com
And everything was fine and i got the invoice ,only problem was a few items had to be backorderd but i can wait ..Then i got this email From "[email protected]"

THIS EMAIL IS FOR MARTIN **
***. YOUR ORDER IDS ARE # 420***
/ # 420***/ AND # 420***
. WE GOT YOUR INTERNET ORDERS TODAY, BUT WE WILL NEED MORE INFORMATION BEFORE PROCESSING THE ORDERS. WE WILL NEED TO VERIFY THE BILLING ADDRESS FOR THE CREDIT CARD BEING USED. WE WILL ALSO NEED COPIES OF THE BACK OF THE CREDIT CARD, A PHOTO ID, AND YOUR SIGNATURE NEXT TO AN AUTHORIZATION OKING US TO CHARGE THE CREDIT CARD--AS BELOW ON THIS EMAIL. IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SEND THE ADDITIONAL INFO YOU CAN SEND A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER INSTEAD. TO WARN YOU CHECKS ARE HELD FOR 10 BUSINESS DAYS. A MONEY ORDER WOULD BE FASTER. WE CANNOT ACCEPT FOREIGN CHECKS OR CURRENCY. IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE U.S., YOU CAN SEND AN INTERNATIONA MONEY ORDER IN U.S. DOLLARS. THE ORDER WILL REMAIN ON HOLD UNTIL WE HEAR FROM YOU, OR AN ALTERNATE FORM OF PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THANKS

I AGREE TO THIS CHARGE OF $267.33, $41.50, $33.00—TOTAL OF $341.83 TO MY CREDIT CARD.

SIGNATURE_________________________DATE________

MARTIN **

Should i give in my details..is this normaly asked for big orders? ...i have got things of the the 'net many time sbefore and never have ai been asked for this..I even got more stuff of the site after this (lighter,shot glasses an beanies) but i did not get one of these
What should i do

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A few smilies, order number of 420, and in all caps, doesn't look formal to me, I wouldn't trust it. Send a copy to the site that you placed your order, this does not look legitimate.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
A few smilies, order number of 420, and in all caps, doesn't look formal to me, I wouldn't trust it. Send a copy to the site that you placed your order, this does not look legitimate.

No no i put those there myself , so no one knows the whole number.

I rang the site/company about it and they said it was legit , then i rang my credit card service and they said they have never herd of anyone having to go to such lengths as to having a photo ID

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Did you put it in CAPS? Or change spellings, because if you didn't, this doesn't look right to me.

Be wary.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree, I haven't done much online shoping my self so my experiance is limited, but it just doesn't look right. If you do decide to go through with it, I would let your credit company know how much you are buying, and keep a close eye on your account.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Did you put it in CAPS? Or change spellings, because if you didn't, this doesn't look right to me.

Be wary.

Nope it was in caps when i got it...

Well i plan on get my cred card company to ring the site/company and tell them that ia int givin' no details ,so iam just gona get the cred card company to say i own the card

I really want my tool stuff!!! lol

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Then the company your ordering from is very un-proffesional or it is a scam.

No company would ask you for a Photo ID, as they would never need to know what you look like, nor should they ask.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've never been asked in such a way.

If they need that information..They should open a storefront, and not do business online.
A lot of those details are asked when finalizing a transaction online..
But I've never had a request for the back of the card or photo Id copied.
Didn't you already fill out some of those details online?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
you should never ever ever ever have to sign anything or send a picture when using a credit card online..

thats what the 3 digit code on the back of the credit card is for...

and they want a pic of that... yeah right.. .

run, run far and fast..

no Tool merchandise is worth losing your identitiy for...

join