It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being in Chili unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Being at Chili

They still don't know what it is... DNA investigation shoud make an end to the speculation...

It is a Dutch site but I am sure there are plenty of English sites about it... meanwhile you can translate it at

freetranslation

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   

This is the being in fact.
Doesn't have a skelleten, it probably isn't a piece of a wale because the smell is different, just like the substance, and it is 12 meters long (about 30 feet if I am not mistaken) and weighs 13,000 kilo's.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
looks like a dead giant squid....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Giant octopus
In 1896 rinsed a similar mass at on a beach in Florida. Eyewitnesses reports of scientists from that time come to the same thing with the descriptions of the new discovery in Chili. At the time became the animal identified as Octopus Giganteus, a giant octupus.

But because samples never have been good examined and meanwhile disappeared, there is being doubted of the correctness of that name.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Here's a link to an English copy of an article detailing the same thing.

CLICK ME FOR ARTICLE

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It looks like a giant octupus or something similar. But I'm no expert at Ocean life.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was the nose of a whale. The nose is filled with a waxy residue that makes is float and is usually the last part of a whale corpse to rot away. This fact is why it has the unique smell and texture. I posted a link on this a couple of weeks ago when this same question was asked.

Apparently, it was really smelly. Eww.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Zzub is right. It is a Sperm Whale if I remember the story correctly.

When the whale dies, it floats around on top or just below the water, as it decays gradually the bones simply fall through the rotten tissue and sink to the briny depths, leaving a floating mass of waxy, fatty, stinky blubber.

new topics

top topics

join