It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fusion at WTC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Insolubrious posted this in another thread but I wanted to talk about it in it's own thread.

Originally posted by Insolubrious

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

One of the more unusual artefacts to emerge from the rubble is this rock-like object which has come to be known as "the meteorite". "This is a fused element of molten steel and concrete all fused by the heat into one single element."

Not just steel and concrete but other elements are fused in this meteorite. This is a phenomenon, construction and demolition experts a-like have never seen anything like it. Typical controlled demolition charges will not produce this, neither will fires or a gravity driven collapse the mechanism is just not there.

Notice it doesn't say that the "meteor" is resolidified steel and concrete. It says that the elements were fused together to make a new element. What can fuse elements together on an atomic level? I know fire and gravity can't do it. Not even the molten metal in the basements could have produced this. So, what else is there?

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Griff,

Fascinating....Do you have any idea what temperatures it would take to fuse those various materials together?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If the object is real....then I'll step out on a limb and say it is evidence of a micro nuke used to bring down the WTC towers.

www.thepriceofliberty.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have no idea. I can imagine it would have to be pretty darn hot though to induce fusion. Isn't that getting into nuclear temperature territory?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I have no idea. I can imagine it would have to be pretty darn hot though to induce fusion. Isn't that getting into nuclear temperature territory?

I believe it is.

Ill say it again if the object is what it is claimed to be I would think this has to be the proverbial smoking gun.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would have to agree. I wonder where this material is being stored.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Insolubrious posted this in another thread but I wanted to talk about it in it's own thread.

Originally posted by Insolubrious

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

One of the more unusual artefacts to emerge from the rubble is this rock-like object which has come to be known as "the meteorite". "This is a fused element of molten steel and concrete all fused by the heat into one single element."

Not just steel and concrete but other elements are fused in this meteorite. This is a phenomenon, construction and demolition experts a-like have never seen anything like it. Typical controlled demolition charges will not produce this, neither will fires or a gravity driven collapse the mechanism is just not there.

Notice it doesn't say that the "meteor" is resolidified steel and concrete. It says that the elements were fused together to make a new element. What can fuse elements together on an atomic level? I know fire and gravity can't do it. Not even the molten metal in the basements could have produced this. So, what else is there?

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Griff]

Has the NIST report made any mention of this "fused meteorite"? If so, can someone direct me to their report on this piece of evidence? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The "micro nuke" stuff evokes the same kind of automatic, emotional response of "WTF, NO WAY" in my mind as the theories of hologram planes and space beams.

One critical difference being, you can actually support this one with a few items that seem otherwise totally unexplainable, this being one of them. And I say this with disbelief in either holograms, or (especially Wood's latest steaming pile) space beams.

Another is ejected debris which is clearly made of steel from the building (NOT just trusses, but clearly perimeter columns in the below photo), which appears to be trailing a very fine dust:

I believe the same thing that fused all the stuff together in the "meteorite" also caused this fine material to trail like a comet-tail from the falling perimeter columns.

Notice the perimeter columns in particular in the above photo. I think it's unreasonable to assume that those columns are so consistently trailing fine concrete dust as they fall, as there should have been no concrete on the columns to begin with!

Rather, they look like they're sublimating:

If such a device were used, in my opinion, it would either be a pure fusion hydrogen bomb. These are not supposed to exist, because inducing fusion without fission is supposed to be beyond current technology. Now, a number of ways to instigate fusion WITHOUT fission have been proposed by physicists, but these physicists have never been able to actually test any of their theories for obvious reasons. Military or intelligence factions/institutions, however, COULD test these devices, as they have the resources.

These bombs, theoretically, don't really have limitations in terms of yield. They could be built with yields in the range of tons, rather than thousands of tons or etc. that seems necessary with fission devices.

Aside from that, there are also individuals that have asserted that the US is in possession of another weapon known as an a-neutronic bomb, that also goes by some much longer name, which may or may not actually be a fusion or fission device, but was supposed to have been classified under nuclear weapons research under Reagan anyway. Info on this device came out after the OKC bombing, with witnesses describing the blast in a fashion eerily similar to witness accounts of WTC7's initiatory explosion: like a clap of thunder. Supposedly the weapon produces voltage in an area and then detonates as an FAE would detonate around an aerosol of gasoline. Clear sensations of static electricity prior to the OKC blast was reported by at least one survivor. Additional info on this thing seems hard to come by, so much so that I have to admit that it seems to be not much more than a rumor, albeit coming from interesting sources.

PS -- One of the videos of WTC2's collapse from street level also shows some of the first perimeter columns hitting the ground, and has what may be footage of steel sublimating rapidly and breaking up as it approaches the ground. At any rate, it's trailing the same fine dust as if it's producing it rather than just flying through it or etc. (notice there's no such dust in FRONT of the falling material!).

This video can be downloaded here: www.studyof911.com...

[edit on 6-12-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMP
Has the NIST report made any mention of this "fused meteorite"? If so, can someone direct me to their report on this piece of evidence? Thanks!

I think NIST references evidence of sulfidated and evaporated steel somewhere in either the final report or one of their other related documents/drafts, but dismisses it as being "irrelevant" to the study of the collapses.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I may be being facious.
I am no chemist or nuclear scientist so flame me if I'm wrong but;
I didn't think two elements could fuse together to produce a new element?
Surely tis matter would be a compound?

MR

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

I'm no chemist either but I also suspect something's wrong with that suggestion. Steel and concrete aren't elements to begin with. The material may be fused, which is odd as hell on its own, but it still looks like just steel and concrete, right? It doesn't look like there's any breaking down into carbon and silicon or anything like that.

But I'm no chemist either, so I don't know how steel and concrete could fuse at all, besides massive amounts of heat.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are these consistant with the use of a fusion devise? If not what caused it to happen?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMP

I think NIST references evidence of sulfidated and evaporated steel somewhere in either the final report or one of their other related documents/drafts, but dismisses it as being "irrelevant" to the study of the collapses.

bsbray, Can you find the exact section where they mention the fusion? Thanks alot!!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fusion? I don't know that they do mention that. It's a massive report that should have only been a few hundred pages at most. But here's what the said in regards to molten steel in their FAQ they released:

The condition of the steel in the wreckage of the WTC towers (i.e., whether it was in a molten state or not) was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing.

wtc.nist.gov...

So pretty much, they ignore the molten steel because they don't know where it came from.

FEMA mentioned sulfidated steel at least, but maybe not the evaporated steel, but I've not heard of NIST covering those aspects, let alone the fusing of steel and concrete. If I had to guess, I'd say they just ignored it, but maybe someone else can find references.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
I may be being facious.
Surely tis matter would be a compound?

MR

I was thinking the same thing. That is the main reason why I wanted to talk about this. If it is just melted steel that has resolidified with the concrete, then the original link is wrong in saying it fused together rather than melted together. Anyone have a different source that talks about this material?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's another video (actually showing same clip as you posted Griff) it shows the meteorite at 3:40 and another similar one at 4:10

www.youtube.com...

Here is another mention of the meteroite on page 22, they call it magma.
www.renewnyc.org...

[edit on 6-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The thing that these lumps of "fused" material remind me of is the slag from blast furnaces.
IIRC iron ore is mixed with coke and limestone (the basic ingredient of cement and concrete) and heated.
Heres a link to a Wiki entry on blast furnaces

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow.... we're just flying off the handle with various explosive devices used to bring down the WTC....... they really wanted this building to die - packing it with demo charges, hitting it with death-rays, cruise missiles, and a friggin' fusion or thermonuclear bomb........ WOW - do you all take off and run when you see a government official....

First off - you're getting things mixed up here. Melting together is different than being fused.... chemically - in casual conversation they can be one in the same - but 'fused' is where you have two hydrogen smashed together to make helium - or iron and something else fused to make another atom. Melted together is just plain melted together. Add in a little pressure from the several hundred tons of concrete falling on top from a height of several hundred feet.... I could understand how you could get a rather interesting ball of metal at the bottom. We're not playing with petty 40 story buildings, here - we're dealing with a monstrocity.

Now - if there were ANY nuclear detonation at all - be it fission or fusion - not only would there have been a brilliant bright light (especially with fusion) - but you'd have the formation of the infamous green glass from the concrete, and the concussion wave would have blown out windows for several blocks (minimum) in an overpressure wave that travels at about Mach 7 (not that crawling gust of wind).

Plus the EMP wave would have knocked out video cameras, lights, electronics, etc for a short while - at least a 'hickup'. Not to mention Russia would have flipped out because their satelites placed in geo-synch orbit designed to detect such explosions would have turned their version of NORAD into a disco.

WOW..... that's all I have to say.....

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
mini nuke no freaking way. show me an explosion of a mini nuke?
it was just a CD that's all.
people are looking to far into this.

there would have been radiation reports. and the seismic data would have been a lot bigger.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Problem with the above two posts is that the potential device in question would not be something comparable to any historically known devices. Pure fusion isn't beyond theory in the public domain, so telling us what they do or don't do is curious to me.

Add in a little pressure from the several hundred tons of concrete falling on top from a height of several hundred feet.... I could understand how you could get a rather interesting ball of metal at the bottom.

The energy was not that focused.

Literally, you had a mass of steel falling through the air. That's it. Some combustable hydrocarbons were on fire (nothing NEAR hot enough to melt steel or concrete, but it wouldn't matter anyway because it's falling through the air!). To go from this, to a mass of steel and concrete melted into each other, would not at all be a straightforward and common sense process. It would take a little more than for a building to just fall down.

And I've still seen no logical explanation for this:

That piece of debris, and others like it, aren't falling through dust. It's coming off of them. And we're talking about steel perimeter column sections. They didn't have concrete on them. And even if they did, the concrete would have absolutely no reason to disintegrate mid-fall there, trailing behind the falling debris like a comet's tail. Similar dark dusty material was coming off of the "spire" while it still stod, as well.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by bsbray11]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join