It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hole Remnants - Hawking Radiation Conclusions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hi all,

I am currently working on a proposal for a study and I would like to run it by like minded people, mostly to gauge opinion and to develop the proposal further.

Currently cutting edge black hole research is based on the detection of gravity waves caused when black holes are formed and when two or more black holes collide and merge.

I propose that there is another area to look closely at within this field of study.

According to Stephen Hawking a black hole would eventually evaporate entirely due to hawking radiation.

If that is correct, then there must be plenty of black holes that are in an advanced state of evaporation within the known universe.

I propose we look at ways of detecting these decaying remnants, as I believe studying them should be far more fruitful than studying the effects an actual black hole has on its surrounds.

If you take Hawking radiation to it's ultimate conclusion then it must be a process that takes a black hole of millions of solar mass's and reduces it right down to the Planck scale.

Does anyone else have any information on this?

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
neon-

Help me out here I'm having trouble understanding this. Hawking radiation is essentially thermal radiation caused by quantum effects. One would naturally think that a black hole would suck everything in it seeing as how light can't even escape it. Hawking deduced that while the visible spectrum of radiation (light) cannot escape a black hole that other forms of radiation do. Are you proposing a study of this radiation? What do you mean by decaying remnants?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi there,

Not much time at the moment, but just needed to update this thread.

The following white paper is of interest on this subject.

Little Black Holes: Dark Matter and Ball Lightning

I will be back later to break this paper down and relate it to ongoing research.

All the best people and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

NeoN HaZe.

join