It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow God or vanish, Ahmadinejad tells West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".
"These oppressive countries are angry with us ... a nation that on the other side of the globe has risen up and proved the shallowness of their power," Ahmadinejad said in a speech in the northern town of Ramsar, the semi-official news agency Mehr reported Wednesday.

"They are angry with our nation. But we tell them 'so be it and die from this anger'. Rest assured that if you do not respond to the divine call, you will die soon and vanish from the face of the earth," he said.

And this guy should be allowed nuclear weapons?

The world will experience a grave tragety if Iran is allowed to go nuclear.

**Sorry...I forgot the link****

www.breitbart.com...

[edit on 6-12-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Can we have a link...

I sympathise with why he'd call our countries oppresive and why he'd feel backed into a corner. Hopefully our leaders will wake up and make better decisions.

The point is that noone should have nuclear weapons, because if we have them then all countries should have them. I make some points about it in this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"quote: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".

Its statements like that which virtually ensure that the West and Islamic controlled countries will surely not ever find peace, well atleast not for a few Generations yet!!

I think these people are so involved, blinded and brainwashed by religion that they simply cannot fathom the following of other faiths or dare we say being Agnostic or Athiest.

He sure has proved our Inability to act against him, but he will get his war wish eventually, the West is in a corner here, Occupying a country that was in Hindsight a mistake.

Ahmadinejad im sure will eventually announce his arrival in the Nuclear club, then we will smell a conflaguration unlike any before ....

Hope im wrong ofcoarse.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I watched 'The Divinci Code' last night........the threat of bloodshed by certian Islamic leaders nowadays, seems alot like the bloodshed spoken about regarding the creation of christainity and the first crusades as mentioned in the movie.

*I am not a religious history buff and am unsure excactly how much in the movie was made-up regarding christainities past*

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Theres no doubt that Christianity committed lots of Nasty stuff in the days of Old, Just as Islam Did, Just as Humanity Did !!

Thing is theres still Millions of Islamofascists stuck in this Dark age of its my way or the Highway mentality embracing Death and Terror !!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ok, let's get some things straight here...

Originally posted by ferretman2
this guy should be allowed nuclear weapons?

The world will experience a grave tragety if Iran is allowed to go nuclear.

Iran has stated over and over that they are NOT INTERESTED IN NUCLEAR WEAPONS!
They are researching nuclear power. Big difference.
Look at it this way: They're talking about opening a gas station and you're freaking out about molatov cocktails.
Yes, nuclear power can be weaponized and abused, but it can also serve to improve the standard of living for their people. Not only does it provide cheap/clean power, but through nuclear research they can enhance their scientific base and further medical technology, astrophysics research, and many other fields.

IRAN IS BEING SMART to start this sort of development BEFORE they run out of oil. The US has been stupid in backing away from nuclear energy in favor of clinging to oil. There's no polite way to put it. Stupid, stupid, STUPID! America remians the world's single biggest oil burner and yet they simply refuse to invest in realistic alternative energy (see the peek oil forums for why Bio-deasil and ethonol are non-started technologies).

We DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to tell Iran that they cannot invest in technological research simply because it could be abused. I could go out right now and kill someone with a car. Does that mean I should have my driver's license revoked?

I strongly suspect that all this fuss has been genorated by corporate interests that don't want to see Iran getting their hands on new technology that they currently monopolize. By buying into this BS, you are supporting the forces that are erroding our sociaty. Stop being such a #$%#ing dup!

On to the speach:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".

Put this in context. Is this any worse than what Bush has claimed? He did NOT say that Iran is going to nuke anyone. He stated that his belief is that if you are unholy, your empire cannot survive. This is something that many Christians believe in whole heartedly. Why is it so wrong for him to say it?

"These oppressive countries are angry with us ... a nation that on the other side of the globe has risen up and proved the shallowness of their power," Ahmadinejad said in a speech in the northern town of Ramsar, the semi-official news agency Mehr reported Wednesday.

He's perfectly correct here. As mentioned above, I believe that the most likely cause for all this fuss is the corporate interests being unwilling to allow another nation to develop new and profitable technology... thus, they become angry for utterly shallow reasons. Their advanced sence of greed is upsetting them.

"They are angry with our nation. But we tell them 'so be it and die from this anger'. Rest assured that if you do not respond to the divine call, you will die soon and vanish from the face of the earth," he said.

Brilliant! That's about the best summation I've seen. Die from your anger. That's exactly what's happening in the US today. The noble country that once was is being debilitated and raped due to it's own greed driven rage. People were so worked up after 9/11 that they completely failed to miss the fact that the "War on Terror" is a war to secure corporate interests. Their anger blinded them while they lost liberty after liberty and have become more and more easy to control via mass-media. If this is allowed to continue, the USA as it was intended by the founding fathers will vanish from the face of the Earth.

Now, bare in mind that I am not exactly a "Godly" man. While I do have spirital beliefs, I am much more agnostic than "Godly". However, if you assume that
"respond[ing] to the divine call" is a euphanism for following a moral path (which is what it means in Islam/Christianity/Buddism/etc) then he is perfectly and in-arguably correct.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
They are researching nuclear power. Big difference.

Just when did they say they are Researching Nuclear Power ?

On to the speach:

Why is it so wrong for him to say it?

Thing is This Guy is an Islamofascist Nutjob, Now if the West was controlled by Religous freaks stateing that YOU would vanish from the face of the Earth unless you follow the Path of Jesus Christ, would that be ok ?? Thought not, typical Islamofascist, apologist, hippocrit behaviour.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good lord... you just insist on clinging to the brainwashing main-stream Big Money backed "offical" line, don't you?

Did you miss the bit where I stated I'm not a Godly sorta guy? How about the bit where I pointed out that within Islam (and just about every major faith), following "the path of God" and being a moral person are interchangable concepts?

Will nothing get through your shield of Xenophobic induced hate?

Just because you (and the corporate controlled mass-media) call this rightfully elected world leader a "nutjob" doesn't make it true.

And just for the record, I have been told that I'm going to "burn in hell" by a Christian nutjob street-preacher, simply because I was wearing all black and had my face painted (I was on my way to a Goth club). I hissed in his face (which produced truly giggle-worthy results) and kept walking. God didn't smite me. Infact, I walked away totally unscathed. I didn't feel compelled to knock him down and lay boots to him, just because he made a stupid comment. Turning the other cheak is part of that whole "moral" thing, ya know?

As for Iran's nuclear power research...

Aside from the political confrontation that the revelations about Iran's nuclear program have created between Iran on one hand, and the US and her allies on the other hand, the questions that I believe we Iranians must ask and debate, are: Does Iran need nuclear energy, and is acquiring it in its national interests? Before starting to debate these all-important questions, however, we must first decouple Iran's need for nuclear energy from its alleged or real intentions for producing nuclear weapons.
It is also particularly important to recognize that since the late 1980s, when Iran restarted its nuclear program, the US and her allies have been given every opportunity to participate in the development and construction of nuclear reactors in Iran, which would have provided them with significant control on the reactors and their products, but that they have always refused to do so.
Iran must stop relying almost exclusively on oil and gas as her sole sources of energy, and start developing alternative sources, the most advanced of which are nuclear reactors. There are compelling economical, social, and environmental reasons for seeking alternative sources of energy for Iran, which will be described in detail in Part II.
The dispute - some call it a crisis - is in fact mostly between Iran on one hand, and the US and some of her allies on the other hand, with the IAEA being used as a tool in a political battle.

READ THIS!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

IRAN IS BEING SMART to start this sort of development BEFORE they run out of oil. The US has been stupid in backing away from nuclear energy in favor of clinging to oil. There's no polite way to put it. Stupid, stupid, STUPID! America remians the world's single biggest oil burner and yet they simply refuse to invest in realistic alternative energy (see the peek oil forums for why Bio-deasil and ethonol are non-started technologies).

Let's see who's stupid using your criteria.....

World's biggest consumer of fossil fuel in 2001 on a per capita basis...CANADA.

Per Capita Energy Consumption and Carbon Emissions
Canada's 2001 per capita energy consumption, 402.6 million Btu per person, was the highest in North America, above the U.S. level of 341.8 million Btu per person. Relative to other OECD countries, Canada's per capita energy consumption is considerably higher than France's (177.8 million Btu per person), the United Kingdom's (164.8 ), Germany's (174.3), Japan's (172.2), and Italy's (140.0).

Yes, nuclear power can be weaponized and abused, but it can also serve to improve the standard of living for their people. Not only does it provide cheap/clean power, but through nuclear research they can enhance their scientific base and further medical technology, astrophysics research, and many other fields.

Nuclear Power usage indicates an enlightened society? Correct?

2001 figures:

US: 768 Billion KWhrs nuclear generated electricity = 20% of US total elec. consumption. 104 operating reactors

Canada: 72 Billion KWhrs.: 13% of total = 14% total elec. consumption. 14 reactors.

www.scaruffi.com...

Get off your high horse and stop looking down your nose at the US.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Per capita.
PER CAPITA!

Do you have any idea how few Canadians there are compaired to Americans? Our population is SO much smaller that using Per Capita examples is testamount to lying.
Let's not forget that we have MUCH tighter enviromental laws than the US. Our winter's are a hella lot colder (thus we NEED energy to survive). Our Nuclear power program is much more advanced when put in terms of investment vs GDP.

The US has the resources, technology, and manpower to create the most advanced nuclear power grid on the face of the Earth... but they choose not to because the oil barons LIKE their bottomlines the way they are.

Can the excuses and semantic arguments.
Going Nuclear is a wise move and the only reason it's an issue in Iran is because it tweaks off the Fatcats.

Edit: just 'cause... here's a listing of world oil consumption:
Link

United States 20,030,000
Canada 2,300,000

For the record, I do believe that Canada needs to continue it's energy research to move further away from oil dependancy... fortunatly, our government agrees: Link

[edit on 6-12-2006 by BitRaiser]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good lord... you just insist on clinging to the brainwashing main-stream Big Money backed "offical" line, don't you?

And you cling to the Apologist Doctrine backed by the offical Islamofascists.

Did you miss the bit where I stated I'm not a Godly sorta guy? How about the bit where I pointed out that within Islam (and just about every major faith), following "the path of God" and being a moral person are interchangable concepts?

If you beleive in Fairy's, Unicorns or God is really irrelevant, lets put this another way, lets say YOU are Prime Minister of Canada and Issue a statement to the rest of the World that if they dont follow the Path of Makeup wearing Black clothed Goth Punk roka Dudes that they will vanish from the Face of the Earth, do you think the World would take kindly to your personal opinion in the Public Domain ?

Will nothing get through your shield of Xenophobic induced hate?

Will nothing get through to your Bigotry and Hate towards the average man on the Street. By defending this mans statements you pretty much say them as well.

Just because you (and the corporate controlled mass-media) call this rightfully elected world leader a "nutjob" doesn't make it true.

/yawn and just because you and your apologist mates call him apple pie doesnt make it true either.

And just for the record, I have been told that I'm going to "burn in hell" by a Christian nutjob street-preacher, simply because I was wearing all black and had my face painted (I was on my way to a Goth club). I hissed in his face (which produced truly giggle-worthy results) and kept walking. God didn't smite me. Infact, I walked away totally unscathed. I didn't feel compelled to knock him down and lay boots to him, just because he made a stupid comment. Turning the other cheak is part of that whole "moral" thing, ya know?

More power to you, Hissing in someones face ?? , wonder if he wasnt a Christian if youd do the same hey ? Everyones a tough guy vrs a Preacher.

Im all for your Iranian president to have his Nuclear Power, Id just like to see him drop the Idle threats and Bigotry towards Non Muslims and to prove categorically that he isnt trying to produce Nukes.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm with BitRaiser.
Have any of you read any of the letters Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has written to the American people? have you seen I'm on CNN with Alison cooper (CIA)
He's sincere and honest.
War on terror is BS.
To get a clear picture of whats going on in the world you really need to start A) not listening to FOX or CNN all the time although Lou dobbs is spot on.
and start listening to other sources.
i don't know where I'm going with this. I'm just pissed off at everything that has to do with Globalization and the Elite families. oh well..

we need to get away from big government and government secrets.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Still waitin for a link to the full speech by the iran guy....................

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Until there is proof they are develouping nuclear weapons, the USA and its citizens have no right to declare and end to iran.

For christ sakes, your went into IRAQ with NO EVIDENCE of there weapons.. and look where it has gotten you.

Your like lab rats... you dont learn after being shocked the first time.

I am susicous of Irans actions.
I dont understand why they'd spout this RHETORIC when they are trying to win the worlds backing.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Per capita.
PER CAPITA!

Do you have any idea how few Canadians there are compaired to Americans? Our population is SO much smaller that using Per Capita examples is testamount to lying.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? The only way to compare any characteristic of two separate popultaions that vary in size by an order of magintude is on a per capita basis. Surely you're not suggesting that even though the US population is 10x larger than Canadas, we should not be using 10X as much energy.

Let's not forget that we have MUCH tighter enviromental laws than the US.

Your "tighter' regulations don't seem to be able to keep every 1,000 Canadians from consuming more energy than every 1,000 Americans.

Our winter's are a hella lot colder (thus we NEED energy to survive).

Weak...very weak. Approximately 90% of all Canadians live within 175 km of the US border. It's not that much colder in Vancouver than Seattle, or in Toronto than in Buffalo, or in Montreal than in Boston. Also, as everyone knows it's a helluva lot hotter in the US and cooling is much less energy eficient than heating.

Our Nuclear power program is much more advanced when put in terms of investment vs GDP.

Spending a larger percentage of your GDP on nuclear technology than the US does not equate to "advanced" IMO. It equates to inefficient. Especially when you consider that your higher spending (as a percentage) results in a lower use rate (as a percentage). Also according to readily available stats from the UN, Canada produces roughly 1/3 the nuclear waste of the US, but only generates 1/10th as much nuclear power. Seems like your nuclear program is extremely ineficient, and not so advanced after all, in comparison the the US program (and probably Irans also).

The US has the resources, technology, and manpower to create the most advanced nuclear power grid on the face of the Earth... but they choose not to because the oil barons LIKE their bottomlines the way they are.

Can the excuses and semantic arguments.
Going Nuclear is a wise move and the only reason it's an issue in Iran is because it tweaks off the Fatcats.

Fatcat's??? You forgot the Aristocracy and the Bourgeousie. Spoken like a true Marxist.

Maybe they don't think a nation with the third largest proven oil reserves in the world is sincere when it's religious idealogue president says his country only needs nuclear reactors for power. How smart is it to spend the billions of dollars required to mine the uranium, process raw yellowcake, build enrichment plants (hidden and bomb proof - by the way), enrich the uranium, build the reactors, build the waste disposal facilities, etc. when you are sitting on 10% of all the known oil in the world? Not very smart IMO if your only goal is electricty generation.

Edit: just 'cause... here's a listing of world oil consumption:
Link

United States 20,030,000
Canada 2,300,000

As I already pointed out, there are 10x more people using oil in the US than in Candada. Therfore I dont see your point. 10X more people = 10x more oil used. Seems we're pretty much on par with Canada. Unless you consider that our Armed forces are consuming a helluva lot more jet fuel, avgas, and diesel to support their operations around the world aimed at keeping our countries interests and our "friends" interests secure.

For the record, I do believe that Canada needs to continue it's energy research to move further away from oil dependancy... fortunatly, our government agrees: Link

[edit on 6-12-2006 by BitRaiser]

Your statement makes it seem like you believe your government is the only one in North America enlightened enough to realize that the future depends on developing alternative energy resources. Have you not seen or heard about the wind farms and solar energy to electricity plants going on-line in the US? The US generates 3% of its electricity from operations "other" than fossil fuel, nuclear, hydro. Canada generates 1.3% of its electricty from these "other" technologies (wind, solar, geothermal)
US Wind power capacity 6,740 Mgwhrs/yr/3rd largest producer in the world.....Canada: 444 MgWhrs/yr...14th in world rank.

How about government sponsored incentives for electric or gas electric hybrid vehicles?
The US gives a tax credit of $3400US, Canada gives a rebate of $2000CDN. Additionally, many US states have their own incentives that include state tax credits, free registration/lisencing, free parking/road tolls, etc.

So Who's doing a better job of intergrating alternative energy sources into it's infrastructure? I'll grant you that both countries should be doing more, but I'm sick of your un-ending and unfounded attacks on the United States.

To continuously criticize your next door neighbor and best friend because you don't like it's current president and his administration's policies is, I'm sorry.....stupid, stupid, stupid.

[edit on 12/7/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Darkbluesky I voted you WATS great post, way to set straight some of the misconceptions put forth in this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
DBS, now that you've totally strawmanned my posts into a complete off-topic debate, how about we agree to this: Both our countries should be doing more to get off our oil addiction. When I said the US has been stupid, I should have said that the West has been stupid. That would be a much more fair statement, yeah?

I could continue to debate you as to who's energy policy is better, but it would be pointless, off topic, and pointless (yes, I know I said that already).

Back ON TOPIC:

There's still not a single shread of proof that Iran is developing nuclear weapons. If anyone can find any proof otherwise, post it!
The single most telling fact in all this is that while Iran has never said anything about building nukes, North Korea has openly been beaking off about their weapons development program for years.

Why is Iran's peaceful development of nuclear power a bigger threat than North Korea building nuclear weapons?

Edn

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No doubt what he said will be taken completely out of context.

"vanish from the face of the earth".

This can mean anything and of course most people will use this quote to back up there claim that Iran wants to destroy the west with nuclear weapons however it becomes very clear that this isn't the case when you read the entire quote.

They are angry with our nation. But we tell them 'so be it and die from this anger'. Rest assured that if you do not respond to the divine call, you will die soon and vanish from the face of the earth

He is right of course(the anger part), we will end up dieing because of our own anger in fact we are dieing because of our own anger or greed which i feel is a more appropriate word.

there can never be peace in the middle east as long as we keep meddling with there countries, people and affairs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join