It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation....I...Flew?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

I am starting this topic because I would like answers to a peculiar event that happened last night. I hope I can get some help.

I have been into martial arts for 7 years or so. I am known in the 'field' for a certain move I can do where I jump high and kick 3 times on alternate legs. It looks pretty cool, not gonna lie, lol.

Last night I was playing around with one of my brothers. He was demonstrating to me how he could do what I could do, while holding onto the hallway ledges, lol. So I showed him the real thing...This is where things got strange. I've been trying to debunk it for a good portion of the day, along with my friend. Since he took physics and I did not (despite somehow us making it to college). I took one jump and only kicked once when it happened. I felt what I can only describe as a magnetic wind. I felt like I was being pushed up by a hurricane wind and at the same time like this push was similar to two (-) magnets. It seemed to come from what I can only describe as the Hui Yin point. In Chinese accupuncture it is located from the anus to the penis area. The um....underneath part. I was jarred. I came crashing down, I must've been about 6 ft. in the air. I can only jump about 3 1/2 ft (215 pounds). People said it looked like I took another jump in mid-air.

Could someone please offer some idea of what this was? Real or not? Felt damn real to me....

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Are you saying that you seemed to hit the peak of your jump, but then something pushed you even higher? Did the push occur right after your kick or when you first leapt into the air?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, me and my bro take taekwondo(for 3 years). So far I have never heard any mention about what you describe. I am curently taking physics too. I believe my brother does something similuar in effect of what you desribed. He is more skilled then me and can do the jumping kicks best out of everyone at our club. I noticed that when he jumps, he kind of floats. A higher belt also mentioned that she noticed this too. When my brother jumps he just for some reason floats or hovers in the air longer then he should. Maybe some people have away of breaking free from static firiction. Who knows? Anyway, when I practice the jump kicks in which you jump kick then, switch to a different kick mid air; I noticed I feel a thrust upwards if I do it right. Most likly, you are feeling your own inertia when you kick in a certian way. But, you never know. Martial arts have been around a long time. There could be many long lost physics secrets intergrated in the ancient arts.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Freebrain: The push occured once I did my first kick and and began my descent. So I was falling and then got lifted up, like I was a magnet. I could feel the magnetism.

halfmask: It's good to know there is a fellow martial artist here
. I know what you're talking about, about switching kicks in mid-air and so forth. I even was trying to debunk it with that today. It wasn't like that though...I actually was lifted. I got one kick in, nothing happened, and I wasn't going to risk injuring myself. As I fell back down to the earth, I got "pushed" up very high. I agree though there could very well be some long lost physics secrets in MA.

Thanks for the help so far.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Can you video this effect and put it on the net for us to see?
It would be great to view it and maybe we can get more
of a view point on what may be happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey EvilBat. GOD, I wish I could've gotten it on film. If I do it again, or manage to get good at it. I will deffinently put it on film. I've been trying all day, lol. I'm hoping someone here might be able to give me some ideas to harness it. Maybe someone whose done something like this with metaphysics. My parents think I'm crazy because I've been jumping up and down all day.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I've been training in martial arts for a few years now (kickboxing/Freestyle) and have noticed how several people I train with seem to be able to defy gravity. I've recently started tricking (if you know anything about martial arts you'll know what I mean!) and this definitely helps to improve jumping height and balance substantially, but some moves I've seen just look like a movie special effect.

The guys (and gals) I train with have studied martial arts for years, but not really the spiritual side of it. So could this ability to jump very high and do things that look impossible just be conditioning of the human body perhaps?

The clubs website is www.kyukodo.com - they have vid clips of the tricks they do and links to others too.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I see. I was literally a foot from the ground falling and then got pulled up like a magnet. To 6 ft. Do you know if there are any stories of this in MA's? I've only heard legends....

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levitationer
I see. I was literally a foot from the ground falling and then got pulled up like a magnet. To 6 ft. Do you know if there are any stories of this in MA's? I've only heard legends....

Ah I see!! Ok yeah that's quite strange then! The only thing I know that would come remotely close to this is the shift in body weight from the force of a kick, but this wouldn't have anything close to the effect you encountered. For example a gainer (over-the-shoulder kick) is slow on take-off but when the kick is executed the body is taken up and over by the momentum. Like I said though, that's nothing really like what you've exerienced.

If anything else happens, please let me know, I could do with that extra advantage of levitation in my training!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I used to do Taekwondo when I was younger, and experienced something along the lines of this too.

During a class we were practising our kicks, and there was one guy in particular I was VERY competitive with. We started trying to out-do each other with our jumping kicks. One thing led to another, and we ended up having one of the tallest guys in the club (about 6"1), standing on top of 4 of those typical plastic high school chairs you get, on his toes, with his arm as high as he could get it. (so, 6" + approx 2" for the chairs + maybe another 1.5" for his arm above his head). So the mitt would've been around 8-9foot off the ground.

I'd take a one or two step runup then jump as high as I could, and it seriously felt exactly as the poster described, like an invisible force was pushing me higher than I should've been able to go.

I think the human body/mind is capable of alot more than we assume. When we want something bad enough, and are focused enough, there's some inner energy/power that kicks in and lets us pull off things we normally wouldn't have been able to do.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Interesting, but I didn't want this to happen. Like I wasn't aiming for it.

P.S. Does anyone know why it felt magnetic?

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Levitationer]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I used to do Taekwondo when I was younger, and experienced something along the lines of this too.

During a class we were practising our kicks, and there was one guy in particular I was VERY competitive with. We started trying to out-do each other with our jumping kicks. One thing led to another, and we ended up having one of the tallest guys in the club (about 6"1), standing on top of 4 of those typical plastic high school chairs you get, on his toes, with his arm as high as he could get it. (so, 6" + approx 2" for the chairs + maybe another 1.5" for his arm above his head). So the mitt would've been around 8-9foot off the ground.

I'd take a one or two step runup then jump as high as I could, and it seriously felt exactly as the poster described, like an invisible force was pushing me higher than I should've been able to go.

I think the human body/mind is capable of alot more than we assume. When we want something bad enough, and are focused enough, there's some inner energy/power that kicks in and lets us pull off things we normally wouldn't have been able to do.

Well if you think that a cat can jump 3-4 times its own height using muscle and speed then with the right conditioning a human could achieve much higher jumps - obviously nothing like that of a cat (but imagine being able to jump 3-4 times your own height!!!), but at least 2 feet on a 'normal' jump.

However this isn't what the OP is discussing, it's the fact that not only did he jump high, but he seemed to be propelled from a relatively normal jump, pointing more towards that of a 'force' rather than a capability of the human body. But I agree with you in that there's definitely some inner power that allows us to push the boundaries of normality.

I still think that some of the tricks freerunners do show how we are evolving, I mean some of these guys are jumping up/off/between buildings which is something that couldn't be comprehended years and years ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Athleticism or mysticism ?

The problem is , where does athleticism end , and mysticism begin ?

Perform the same maneuver 100 times , and you will get almost 100 different results – simply from variation in your technique , environmental factors , and psychology , fatigue and fitness variables

Thus , The easiest way to eliminate any variable of athletic performance is to eliminate the athletic performance all together .

Instead of jumping , and attempting to measure a “ mystic boost “ to an already variable performance , Start from a static position – and attempt to effect any movement by mysticism alone .

The results will be less spectacular , and the experimentations may be dull and uneventful . But if a result is measured it will be velar that it was a mystic power – and not an athletic variable

Reports that “ I jumped higher than I ever jumped before …………. And felt strange “

Are simply highly subjective anecdotes . and while interesting – they are of very limited value .

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

Originally posted by LordGoofus

Well if you think that a cat can jump 3-4 times its own height using muscle and speed then with the right conditioning a human could achieve much higher jumps - obviously nothing like that of a cat (but imagine being able to jump 3-4 times your own height!!!), but at least 2 feet on a 'normal' jump.

However this isn't what the OP is discussing, it's the fact that not only did he jump high, but he seemed to be propelled from a relatively normal jump, pointing more towards that of a 'force' rather than a capability of the human body. But I agree with you in that there's definitely some inner power that allows us to push the boundaries of normality.

I still think that some of the tricks freerunners do show how we are evolving, I mean some of these guys are jumping up/off/between buildings which is something that couldn't be comprehended years and years ago.

Just to back up what I was saying about how the human body seems to be evolving and pushing the boundaries of normality see this link... Insane Back Tuck

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Reports that “ I jumped higher than I ever jumped before …………. And felt strange “

Are simply highly subjective anecdotes . and while interesting – they are of very limited value .

Limited value? I'm here to get answers. Is value, only valuable if it is for yourself, Ignorant? And by the way, don't ever misquote me again....

Jim, that video is awsome!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levitationer
Limited value?

yes , limited value - can you repeat this feat . yes or no ?

And by the way, don't ever misquote me again....

as i did not quote you , how can i have missquoted you ? I paraphrased your claim , please learn the difference .

lastly - readressing the issue of the "value " of your claimed feat - as it seems to be utterly unpredictable it is more likley to be dangerous to you than beneficial

ie - if you are attempting to leap to a narrow ledge 3 m away - and suddenly and unexpectedly leap 5 m . the result will be disasterous

understand ?

PS - if you really are looking for answers why did you ignore the points of my reply ?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How is it limited value? It made me believe in psionics again.

Paraphrasing is misquoting, as I see it. You take it out of context, and so forth. Paraphrasing is suppose to make things more clear, which you lacked to do.

Anyway.....back on topic

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Levitationer]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have always wondered if their was something more to Asian Martial Arts and how so many involve spiritual study as well. I don't know much about taekwondo, but I know I have never felt that in Krav Maga haha. Bit of a dirtier martial arts, where's the spirituality in kicking people on the ground? I have searched high and low.

top topics

join