It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails whats the real purpose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Purpose is Part of a Marketing Plan

Back in the mid-1990's an ad. agency had the idea to associate contrails with consumer products.

The thinking was this:
Air traffic was increasing rapidly - more contrails.
Aircraft were being re-powered with quieter, more efficient high by-pass engines - contrails at higher temperature, greater altitude range.
A marketing campaign for a product or brand includes sky scenes with contrails; seeing contrails reminds potential purchaser of the product or brand; increased chance purchaser will choose that product or brand.

A few advertisers took up the idea.
The agency suggested to airlines to request routes and altitudes where their aircraft would make contrails. The occurrence of contrails increased markedly. Success.

However, in the late 1990's, access to he Internet was really taking off, and a few people who had noticed the increasing occurrence of contrails and started asking questions. These times were fraught with political shenanigans and popular dissatisfaction with authority in general. People were becoming suspicious of governments, especially in America. Conspiracy theories were rife. The inevitable happened and the "chemtrail" conspiracy gained a small but dedicated following. All kinds of purposes were suspected, and speculation raged.

Disaster for the ad. agency and its small number of clients buying into the contrail plan.

Then the ad. agency had another brilliant idea. Viral advertising. (With the rise in the use of the Internet, this marketing ploy was going really well.) Hooking into the paranoia being generated by the chemtrail conspiracy idea and its fanatical (by now) following, a new type of advertiser appeared who were prepared to link their product with contrails (="chemtrails"). The aim of this strategy with this was to gain exposure. A chemtrail proponent would see an advertisement for a car, perfume, cellphone network, whatever, and pass it around the message boards and blogs with growing indignation and horror. That didn't matter; it was the exposure that was important.

This worked brilliantly.

Aware of the "chemtrail" controversy, people bought the products associated with contrails because they were good products, and the added bonus was so that they could say to any one who questioned the wisdom of the choice, "Don't you know when you're being wound up? Pu-leez; chemtrails? Phffft!"

Film makers, especially of cartoons even used contrail imagery in their work. The aim here was also to wind-up the chemtrailers, and give their debunker opponents a bit of a laugh, as well as everyone else who knew what the deal with contrails actually was.

So, that's where we are today. "Chemtrails" started as a marketing tool; it went bad after a rew years, but viral advertising saved the day.

Fits the science, aviation developments, social climate, marketing developments.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Chemtrails are for real. I actually saw one the other day, which quite surprised me, since I have been looking for some kind of evidence of these in my area. No luck, until I saw one. Pretty amazing that the government/military denies all this is happening. What a joke.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No purpose, aircraft make trails.
Special aircraft make special trails.
A thread full of experts on trail making:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Perhaps a new type of plane has a toxic exhaust.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join