It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RSS Feed Widget Add-On, A Must For Everyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
With the new ATS Design and RSS feed popularity, the RSS Feed system is a great technology that we all need to take a look at.

The RSS Feed

Source:en.wikipedia.org...(file_format)

RSS (file format)

"RSS" redirects here. For other meanings of RSS, see RSS (disambiguation).

RSS is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated pages, such as blogs or news feeds. Consumers of RSS content use special browsers called aggregators to watch for new content in dozens or even hundreds of web feeds. The initials "RSS" are variously used to refer to the following standards:

-* Really Simple Syndication (RSS 2.0)
-* Rich Site Summary (RSS 0.91, RSS 1.0)
-* RDF Site Summary (RSS 0.9 and 1.0)

RSS formats are specified in XML (a generic specification for data formats). RSS delivers its information as an XML file called an "RSS feed", "webfeed", "RSS stream", or "RSS channel".

Programs known as feed readers or aggregators can check a list of feeds on behalf of a user and display any updated articles that they find. It is common to find web feeds on major websites and many smaller ones. Some websites let people choose between RSS or Atom formatted web feeds; others offer only RSS or only Atom.

This is a new guide to upgrade your Firefox or Internet explorer to use RSS feed management widgets that will give a brief overview of current topics discussed on ATS.

There are now RSS feeds for every forum on ATS as you see here.

First step is to go to:
www.yourminis.com...

Download this extension and then work from there.

Then you have to go to add tab when you open the widget tool bar.

here is the simple walk through

Again... First you must have YourMinis
blog.yourminis.com...

Then as soon as you have it downloaded

Do these steps.

Open the AboevTopSecret RSS feed page, copy the url, this right here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or

Copy the link of the RSS feeds of your favorite forum on ATS
(where the yellow arrow is pointing)

After Installing the program add-on (YourMinis)

Open your widget (YourMinis) extension system.

Click on "+Add New Content"

Then you need to click on the "RSS icon"

After this a slide out menu will appear click on "add feed"

After this a window will appear,
1. You need to paste the ATS RSS feed in the "feed url" section (the red arrow is pointing at)
2. Where it says "Title..." where the arrow is pointing type in your name of the widget (ATS Widget)
3. Click save

And now you will have your own ATS widget

Done

You can also place, RSS Podcast feeds or even blog feeds from your friends, here is a nice example of a blog to use- (blog.abovetopsecret.com...)

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I’ll be glad to ask.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by ragster]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Excellent thread, ragster! Had to give you a 'Way Above' for the excellent work and info. I found this very, very helpful. I just started taking advantage of PODCast feeds and was on my way to start doing the same for ATS threads, so your thread came at just the right time. At least for me anyway!

You have voted ragster for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

new topics

join