It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii60 or ps3????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
wii60 is the term given to the purchase of a wii and xbox 360 instead of spending the same amount of money on a ps3.

nintendo wii + wii sports = $250
xbox 360 + burnout revenge = $ 400
ps3 + any ps3 game = $660

as it stands u can buy a wii with a game and the xbox 360 with burnout revenge for $650. so the wii60 = 2 consoles+2 games

or else u can buy the ps3 with game of your choice for $660. (plus u might be mugged so the expense could be higher through medical bills and lost time at work, but we will ignore this.)

the question now is, which do u buy?

easy answer for me , first off im a nintendo fanboy and second the xbox offers me games i desire to play like mass effect so ill say Wii60.

now i ask you, which do you buy ? the wii60 or the ps3 ?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would buy the PS3, because (although the Wii is very innovative and cool) the Wii is just not my type of thing, i don't think they'll have the games that I like and no high def.
With that being said, I wouldn't get an xbox 360 either, because with the HD-DVD add on it will cost the same as a PS3, and you can only play movies on it (No HD-DVD games).

So for me (but obviously not everyone) the PS3 is a no brainer. HDMI, upgradable hard drive, wifi connection (i have one in my house already), and the fact that the games are on Blu-ray disc (more capacity=better cinematics, more features, etc.), it comes with the blu-ray player (no $200 add on drive), and you can also play cds and DVDs on it.

I love the potential it has (that is of course if sony will get out their and teach people how to utilize the full power of the cell processor), and I have an HDTV, so of course i want to be able to watch high def movies. So i figure if i would spend the same on the 360 with the HD-DVD add on, I might as well get the sexier, more powerful, PS3.

But of course everybody is different, so not all people feel this way.

Peace,

Pancho

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would also stick with the ps3, it has the coolest features out of all three systems in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I would also stick with the ps3, it has the coolest features out of all three systems in my opinion.

which are? the controller is possessed. the high deff output is messed up. im curious what features push sony over the edge. it cant be the online service because xbox live owns in that category. is the blueray the cool feature? it is no better then hd dvd and u can actually buy that for the xbox360 when u aer ready to be a pawn in the hd dvd vs blueray format war.

i ask you this. how many blueray movies do you actually own?

the wii60 offers you a gaming experience better then the ps3 . the xbox 360 has a much much better online experience. the wii offers a much much better social experience. you can say the ps3 will entertain a room full of people more then a wii, but that is just laughable. we talking a room full of non biased people, not a room full of selected fanboys.

sony cant compete against either of these two. it will never entertain a room full of people better then a wii. it doesnt appear it will come close to xbox live this generation.its about the experience and mostly its about FUN.

this arguement is like any others. it comes down to games and with the wii60 u get a much much broader universe to explore.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

which are? the controller is possessed. the high deff output is messed up. im curious what features push sony over the edge. it cant be the online service because xbox live owns in that category. is the blueray the cool feature? it is no better then hd dvd and u can actually buy that for the xbox360 when u aer ready to be a pawn in the hd dvd vs blueray format war.

i ask you this. how many blueray movies do you actually own?

the wii60 offers you a gaming experience better then the ps3 . the xbox 360 has a much much better online experience. the wii offers a much much better social experience. you can say the ps3 will entertain a room full of people more then a wii, but that is just laughable. we talking a room full of non biased people, not a room full of selected fanboys.

sony cant compete against either of these two. it will never entertain a room full of people better then a wii. it doesnt appear it will come close to xbox live this generation.its about the experience and mostly its about FUN.

this arguement is like any others. it comes down to games and with the wii60 u get a much much broader universe to explore.

Aw, c' mon, not the fanboy bashing again, you're not even giving sony a chance.

Sheesh! i mean the system just came out a couple of weeks ago!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

i just wana know what features on the ps3 make it cooler ?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

i just wana know what features on the ps3 make it cooler ?

How about HDMI, both a Gigabit Ethernet port as well as wifi, it's a powerful beast, it's the smoothest running i've seen, you can put linux on it, it has an upgradable hard drive (you can buy any 2.5" serial ATA hard drive and stick it in there), 4 usb ports, the memory stick/SD/compact flash reader, blu-ray is standard (not a $200 add on to play high def movies), and it's just plain SEXY

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Im not going for a "wii60" or a PS3, Im going to get an xbox 360, and with the $250 that would be spent to get a Wii, I am going to buy more games and an extra remote, then I am going to pre-order Halo3, go into a coma for a year, when I come out of that coma hopefully Halo3 will have been released and I will play that none stop until I beat it on legendary, unless of course they add a new level of play, like ultra legendary, or really hard mode.
Also I am not going to waste my money on a game console that my brother already owns, that being the Wii. Not a fan of the PS3, its the controlers, always has been and always will be.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why in the world would anyone need an Xbox 360 AND a Wii, especially considering that they probably already have an Xbox and/or PS2???

Its a great criticism of PS3 that a person can buy a 360 AND a Wii for the same price. And you really have to wonder, wtf are you getting with that PS3, besides people camping out for days, people getting beaten and even killed over it? I mean, is it more than twice as good as the Wii or xbox 360?? Can SONY even pretend to make such a claim, that you'll have twice as much fun and use out of a ps3??

new topics

top topics

join