It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo /Star Children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have noticed that there are people who claim to be Indigo folks. But it has been my understanding that those in this group don't actually claim to be in the group. They, I've noticed, don't even seem to be aware of the fact that they are different. THis seems to be an issue of "I'm cool." You can't tell people that. They have to figure it out on their own.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So what are you trying to discuss?

Despite I am still wary of the idea, I believe that those that actually are Indigo Children (if in fact there is such a thing,) their personality type would not allow them to realize they are different than their peers. Creativity over Rationality. Only if we were all so lucky.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
www.mission-indigo.com

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freebrain
I have noticed that there are people who claim to be Indigo folks. But it has been my understanding that those in this group don't actually claim to be in the group. They, I've noticed, don't even seem to be aware of the fact that they are different. THis seems to be an issue of "I'm cool." You can't tell people that. They have to figure it out on their own.

Definitely a good majority of those parading around claiming to be "indigo children" are not what the term refers to. The whole idea of indigo children is not fictitious, it's just that those who are what would truly be considered an indigo child don't know, or just flat out don't care. In my opinion true indigo children don't want to try and place themselves above the rest of the population, and they also feel connected with the world, wanting to help everyone.

I think the term indigo children started out meaning one thing, then as everything in this world seems to do, completely flipped and became near meaningless.

If only people would realize that you are not better than everyone because of one stupid test, and that we need to be out there amongst all people showing love and acceptance to all, then maybe we could get somewhere. But as long as we're in this loop of "I'm indigo so i'm cool." then we will get nowhere, the term isn't about who you are, it's about what you do.

Peace, and love

Pancho

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
At first I read about the indigo people and there set of "qualifications" and I saw that I had most of them. Well I don't want to declare of think of myself as something I'm not, so I sent that list of "qualifications" if you will on what an Indigo child/adult would be to some of the people who no me best to see if I really was one. They both said that it described me to a "tee". One even laughed because I did all those things, so with other people saying that those things "qualify" me, I'm more inclined to believe that I am one of those people.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
At first I read about the indigo people and there set of "qualifications" and I saw that I had most of them. Well I don't want to declare of think of myself as something I'm not, so I sent that list of "qualifications" if you will on what an Indigo child/adult would be to some of the people who no me best to see if I really was one. They both said that it described me to a "tee". One even laughed because I did all those things, so with other people saying that those things "qualify" me, I'm more inclined to believe that I am one of those people.

And as 7Pan7 said, that simple fact implies you are not. Obviously you missed the point of the thread unless I am reading the OP wrong. I firmly believe that if the existence of Indigo Children is fact; the description of them would place them in an intellectual state where if they were in fact Indigo, they would either have no clue, or simply not care.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
So what are you trying to discuss?

Despite I am still wary of the idea, I believe that those that actually are Indigo Children (if in fact there is such a thing,) their personality type would not allow them to realize they are different than their peers. Creativity over Rationality.
Im trying my best not to say something rude but I think your comment is extremely short sighted. I happen to be an indigo although I honestly don't even consider it until someone comes along and makes a silly comment like this.
If the person is presented with a description of what an indigo is and it fits.. a true indigo is not ignorant and would therefore recognize that they are in fact part of that group.
It is my personal opinion that Indigos are not truly a minority but rather a large group of a new very slightly different human being. We are not in short supply but we are in denial because religion forces most to deny the very things that set them apart.

blah. I digress.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by NephraTari]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Might I ask....

Light-wise.... Where exactly IS Indigo on the color chart? in the spectrum in the rainbow? where is that color? beginning or end? of the spectrum?

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12/8/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Might I ask....

Light-wise.... Where exactly IS Indigo on the color chart? in the spectrum in the rainbow? where is that color? beginning or end? of the spectrum?

en.wikipedia.org...

wikepedia is not made by scientists and experts but by average people. It is not in my opinion a die hard source for facts. people are taught the color spectrum with indigo just BEFORE violet which is always at the end. wikepedia was backwards. go figure

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Might I ask....

en.wikipedia.org...

wikepedia is not made by scientists and experts but by average people. It is not in my opinion a die hard source for facts. people are taught the color spectrum with indigo just BEFORE violet which is always at the end. wikepedia was backwards. go figure

But you're still unsure yourself aren't you? ..... Might want to zoom in on the prism they actually have on wikipedia..

and yes I am aware wikipedia isn't compiled by 'professionals' .. but it is my professional opinion that professionals are just mis-educated humans... lol

So how about we look to 'nature' like a rainbow.. or a prism...

I looked at the prism picture.... and this is my opinion..

Indigo is to the Right [Beginning or End depending on which way you read, left to right, or right to left.]

Indigo is to the Left [Beginning or End depending on which you read, left to right, or right to left.]

[edit on 12/9/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Might I ask....

en.wikipedia.org...

Does it matter if it is at the begining or end? I am sorry but I don't think I see the significance of where it falls on our visible light spectrum...

Could you explain?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Might I ask....

en.wikipedia.org...

Does it matter if it is at the begining or end? I am sorry but I don't think I see the significance of where it falls on our visible light spectrum...

Could you explain?

Just synthesizing the concepts and theologies of the world.. and nature..

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I, as well, apparently fit into the "qualifications" of Indigo. I've also heard it referred to as "Crystal Children".

I think that the Indigos like myself, don't really care if we are classified or not. I grew up knowing that I was always different. I also grew up with a sense of being able to do something about f'ed up mankind, but always end up feeling helpless in the end because there are so few of us. As far as the other indigos I know, as well as myself, we definitly aren't the power-mongers. We generally don't climb the corporate ladder, because those who have made it impossible to do so without doing harm in some way to others.

"indigos", it seems to me, don't think in the way that society expects us to. For an example, I always struggled in math because I figured out the numbers in my head and couldn't show how to do it the conventional way. Shapes seem more representative to me than written numbers... the mobius strip has always had some extra meaning to me that I can't even begin to explain. Most of the indigos know are like this. If you aren't an indigo, you could easily spot a friend who is... that will be the friend that you may see as a loser or "not applying him/herself"... the friend that is almost genius, but they are still working for minimum wage. They always seem to be on the "wrong track". They were the kids that were nerds, or "odd", that would help you with your homework and get you an "A", but they flunk the exact same class.

Basically, in my opinion, alot of these people you are referring to that seem to be saying they are "indigo" to be "cool" aren't... it's just the first time in life that they have found a group of people that they really can connect with, and they are proud of it. Some are just self-made losers who are grasping at anything they can find because they burnt bridges and irk the other "groups" they were in. Indigo doesn't describe a club or group of popularity. It is a description of a special spiritual connection. The qualifications really describe the effects caused by the disconnection with their physical body. I know, personally, that I have a hard time understanding some feelings people express. At funerals, I feel REALLY uncomfortable when everyone starts crying. I'm never sad for the person. The way I see it, all the sadness comes from the idea that the person will no longer be your friend, or your dad or grandmother, and I rationalize that. I'm not heartless. I WOULD be sad if somehow that person's soul was trapped and not able to continue on it's journey, such as the case with some "ghosts" (not energy resonance).

As far as the "color" of indigo... I assume you are talking about the aura? Most Indigos I've encountered have a gold aura.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, Freebrain, that you are right... most indigos don't even realize they are in that classification. We all have learned, more or less, to put on masks, as common society expects us to. We have learned to do things to act normal, and sometimes even go as far as to repress ourselves to be 'normal'. Sadly, if you wear a mask long enough, you become the mask. If you observe children that show signs of being "odd", alot of the time you will notice that their parents pressure them alot about actions that they feel are normal, but outwardly don't fit in with societal norms. Basically, it's usually more of the parent's fault that an idigo represses to become normal... just the same as a family of doctors pressuring the children to become doctors, although their true interests lie somewhere else. Usually the interest is in art. Because of this, I theorize that most of the people in professionallives, or scientific, or otherwise "not" art, view themselves as artists in their particular field. It's a coping mechanism that is used to be able to link themselves into the societal norm.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A lot of the things Earthscum has said sums up how I've always felt; I have very different ideas than the mainstream. I always have to question why we as people do certain things; to me, it seems as if there is a better way.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's pretty common in my life. Saying something they don't mean...UNLESS IT TRUE!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Earthscum, you got my WATS for that one, good job

And you're right. I've known for years that I fit the mold of "Indigo". That doesn't mean a lot to me though. I am who I am and I'm fine being who I am whether others appreciate it or not.

That's brought me to strange places in life. Right now I've dropped out of school, right near graduation. It's not that I couldn't have passed. Hell, I could have graduated with honors easily. Am I stupid? No, I'm not. Am I unhappy or mentally unstable? Maybe by others standards, but not by my own.

Indigo, in my opinion, is just a description for a new mode of thought which is nearing its peak. It is, like Earthscum said, based on a kind of disconnection between body and soul. It's not a bad thing though...I view it as the mind becoming stronger than in past generations and beginning to shed its mortal case.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Indigo's are not here to change the world, they are the change that is occuring in the world.

That said, Indigo's don't care what expectations are placed upon them and they don't have a mission to accomplish, they need only be. (And they understand that)

When you see someone declaring they are an Indigo elder and are blazing the trail for what is to come....RUN AWAY!

I got into the movement for awhile, learned allot, and got the hell away from it. Indigo is not something you have to claim to be, It is something people around you come to understand that you are. If you have to claim it, it is not yours.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Up until now i havent seen many people as close as earthscum has come to explaining them.

Though i must add indigo is the color of there aura's.But color may tend to leach off of emotions aswell though i tend to see slight indigo.People are just noticing that indigo is slowly take up the color spectrum where's as it was alot of the color's of the spectrum where being born in the past they have noticed that the color's arent being born as much and indigo is becoming a majority born with few other colors being introduced into our spectrum like before.

I must also say im right along with your view's all the way earthscum.Though if you notice i use the term them.I dont want to label myself as anything more than i man who Wants to bring about social transformation to a philospher's level.I also have to say that anyone that says the indigo's are here to save us.I ask you why do we need others to save us when we need to save ourselve's.It's almsot like saying oh dont worry we can screw the world up the indigo children will fix it.I say lets fix the world so our children dont have to suffer because of our mistake's

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Some of the information I have read is that through the 50's, 60's, and 70's about 1-2 million 'Indigo Children' came to earth. Since the 80's til present that about 200-300 million have been born. They have been born to help us wake up to all he lies and fear and hate we have had shoved down our throats. Not to preach it, but to live it as many of you have said. I was one of them born in the 60's, I know I am.

I have not heard of them called Indigo Children before, but whatever. I personally like something darker and evilier sounding to shock the 'Righteous' all in good fun. I have heard people like us called system busters. We are the rebels so to speak that are hear to help what people we can change and be more free and not afraid. Just look at all of the changes that have happened and have been socially acceptable since the early ninties. It is awesome.

Here are some words of wisdom from Ronnie James Dio-"Are you saved? Have you been told right is the enemy, to bad to late." We are no better than anything or one no matter who they are. You can't judge and play the whole good-evil-ego-power-right-wrong game. Don't get me wrong I am be no means anywhere close to that, because part of the plan the way I have also read about is we needed to believe we were like all the other people at first for the plan to work.

Anyway, words are a lot easier to say than to actually take action for yourself. I'm working on it. If Indigo children is what people are calling it then whatever. That sounds like a another religion in the works to me, so to speak.

We know who we are and could care less of any name someone gives us. Those are my thoughts on it. Maybe not the best cuz I couldn't swear and be funny, cuz of the laws that hang over our heads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join