It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caller ID says "Blocked Name"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just got a call that said "blocked name" and I did not answer it. Anyone know what kind of people would have their caller ID set to block? And has anyone ever gotten anyone of these before?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All of the time.

I believe it is when the caller has an unlisted number.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't have caller ID, but I do know that if you press *67 your name will show up as blocked on any caller ID.

You could always *69 them and ask them who they are. *69 will call the last number that called you.

I think that you should answer your phone out of curiousity next time just to see who it is.

To answer your question the people that want to be blocked I think don't want anyone to know who they are which means it was probably a prank call. Or as Chissler said it could've been unlisted.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis

To answer your question the people that want to be blocked I think don't want anyone to know who they are which means it was probably a prank call. Or as Chissler said it could've been unlisted.

Good thing I didn't answer it then.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcatAnyone know what kind of people would have their caller ID set to block? And has anyone ever gotten anyone of these before?

Let's see. Spam Telemarketers, Collection Agencies, Government Spies, and probably disgruntled friends. Are a few I can think of.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Spam Telemarketers,

Yes, All of the time. I try to have fun with these guys from time to time.

Collection Agencies

Unfortunatey, Yes. Not much fun with these guys, a real pain in the ass to be honest.

Government Spies

Government Spies? Now I can honestly say I've never had the honor. Interesting though.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey chissler, you forgot to mention disgruntled friends. Oh yeah, and possibly jilted lovers.

[edit on 12/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
..,and calls from the dead.

They always block the number.

Ex

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Anyone know what kind of people would have their caller ID set to block? And has anyone ever gotten anyone of these before?

We have a little gizmo that we install that's called a caller ID blocker. We use it when we want to make an anonymous call for whatever reason. So it could have been me calling.
But it wasn't. But I called my niece this afternoon and she said it said "Blocked name" so I'll bet it was someone with a caller ID blocker. I forget to take it off.

top topics

join