It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The Historical Balance Sheet of Zionist Ideology
By: Shlomo Dinur
Now that Zionism has existed in its modern conception for a hundred years, the time has come to test its relevancy on two planes: The first as a basic analysis of Jewish existence, and the second, as a solution which can act as a guideline for the present and for building the future.
Hess, Pinsker, Herzl and Borochov, each in his own way, all reached similar conclusions, both in their diagnosis of the situation of Jewry, and with respect to the recommended solution. With their help it is possible to arrive at the typology, as it were, of Jewish survival along the following lines:
1) Jews as a permanent minority among the peoples of the world, inevitably create tensions which culminate in hatred and a threat to Jewish survival.
2) Hatred in the various forms it assumes, brings about the Jew's constant alienation from his environment.
3) The painful ordeal involved in survival and constant distress are a permanent adjunct of Jewish existence. The pressure and distress assume physical, economic and spiritual forms.
4) Assimilation is indeed a solution applicable to individuals, but Jewry as a whole is unwilling to throw off its unique characteristics. No attempts at halfway measures-partial repudiation and partial participation are effective compromises with the non-Jewish environment, which maintains its traditional demand that the Jew disappear completely, either by entirely assimilating into his surroundings or by leaving them altogether.
5) Moreover: Against the background of changes that took place in national ideologies during the 19th century, it no longer appeared possible for the Jew to fuse completely with his non-Jewish surroundings. As opposed to the hopes of Christian theology with its expectation of the absorption and disappearance of the Jews within the church, the ideology of nationalism tended to pluck the Jews out of the bosom of the nation and isolate them.
Originally posted by southern_cross3
I can't speak much for Christian Zionists because i'm not a Christian Zionist, but I can tell you that the average Christian believes in supporting Israel out of respect for God's chosen people, and not to manipulate prophecies into occurring.
Prophecies will happen on God's time, not ours. Man can't "make it happen" and I don't believe that many people have that intent. If they do, they're foolish and ought to reexamine their belief system.
Contrary to common belief, Christianity as we know it did not originate with Jesus Christ, nor did the first church start with a blessing from Jesus. The first Christians merely used his name, and his death, as a pretext for a new religion that does not truly represent the truth about him or his teachings. There are numerous fictional embellishments and the invention of stories and sayings wrongly imputed to Jesus in the gospels and in the Qumran documents. The gospels were written at least 300 years after the death of Jesus. Like the so-called authors of the texts who often did not write what appears in the New and Old Testaments, Jesus too, was said to have uttered certain words that appear in the gospels which he never spoke. Jesus did not say that the world was going to end immediately. He did not say repent. He did not practise baptism. The baptism story about him is false. He did not initiate the Eucharist although he did have a last meal with the inner circle of his faithful ones. The gospels, including those recently discovered writings found in Qumran, and the Nag Hammadi Library were written by people who had no first-hand contact with Jesus, and they were written many years after the death of Jesus. All of these writings contain their own distortions due to misunderstandings, mistranslations, embellishments, or deliberate editings.
Originally posted by queenannie38
are the acronyms of juxtaposition....
I nterested in
Originally posted by Agit8dChop
THey look at the west and see porn, sex, drugs, alcohol all the 'fringe' benefits of the west, and they dispise it.. its against everything they believe.
We have gone and directly put ourselves in the firering line..
By activley occupying arab land, with american/western troops....
and out right lying about everything...
be honest.. if they wernt prepared to stand up, and be shot... american would of taken the middle east quite some time ago.