It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KofC & Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 06:26 PM
link   
one of my friends recently went to a meeting of the knights of columbus near where i live... and he found out that their highest ranks were called Freemasons...
not sure if this is true in every council...
but is it possible that they've already infiltrated the vatican?

and take a look at this... www.masonicinfo.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think they are overstating their claim as to the number of freemasons that are KofC...after all the two organizations are virtually polar...also you need to be catholic to be a KofC and not too many catholics favor to be masons....

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Masons tend to be Protestant. Knights are exclusively Catholic (the Catholic answer to the Masons, as I recall.)

And both are U.S. -centered institutions.

Now... the US has a lot of accepted policies that I just haven't seen the Vatican adopting (and vice-versa.) One of the biggies here is abortion and birth control -- and if any US organization had infiltrated the Vatican, we'd have had papal approval on birth control pills back in the 60's or so.

Nah. No connection. No influence either way.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Byrd you are mistaken though, Masonry is not a U.S. -centered institution. It's world wide.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The name of Vatican best friends is Opus Dei. They have also friends in media, universities (including Harvard), banking and industry (�Holy Octopus�). Founder Josemar�a Escriv� was just canonized .
Extremely controversial organization even within the Holy Church.

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not to forget their Knights of Malta...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:30 PM
link   
who is really in control and who wants the new world order to come about?

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is no NWO I hate to break it to you, it is just a fanciful nightmare concieved by those angry at how the world is running right now.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 12:20 AM
link   
are the kofc another society thats wants to hinder or block wat we see as coming of a new world order?

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
There is no NWO I hate to break it to you, it is just a fanciful nightmare concieved by those angry at how the world is running right now.

then what's the council on foreign relations talking about?

www.cfr.org...
www.cfr.org...
www.cfr.org...

[Edited on 11-16-2002 by echelon]

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 08:07 PM
link   
echeleon the council of foreign relations was discussing the new world order and what is going on in their agenda?

I NEED BLOOD

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i know that...
i was just trying to counter FreeMason's argument..
heh

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ok, this strain caught my eye, so I dug up some of the research I did on the Knights of Columbus...founded 1882 in the U.S. by Father P.McGivney of New Haven Connecticut. The Roman Catholic paper La Croix (Paris) Dec.20, 1913 estimates its membership at little over 300,000. The Order has four degrees and is headed by a Grand Master, six Provincial Grand Masters and a General Secretary. The U.S. was divided into 6 provinces each with a P.Grand Master, in turn, each was divided into districts administered by a Master of the 4th Degree, appointed by the P. Grand Masters for a period of two years. Each District was sub-divided into councils or chapters. (Does any of this sound familiar?) The Verite of Quebec, a paper in Canada, in August 1913 put the number of councils at 1630. The Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus at that time was James O'Flaherty, Martin H. Carmody, William J. McGinley, Daniel J. Callahan and Joseph C. Pelletier. Here is where the 'schism' comes in. Under cover of being an association for mutual help, it had recruited a considerable number of members who believed that the Order was fully approved by Church authorities. When, however, its activities took on the appearance of a Masonic society with initiation rituals, symbolism, and secret oaths, many among the Catholic Clergy became alarmed. Their fears were well founded when it came to light that the leaders of the Knights of Columbus were having fraternal exchanges of all kinds with the Oddfellows, Templars, and other Masonic bodies. This was furthermore supported when, in 1915, the Knights of Columbus petitioned the Pope to allow their members to become, at least in the U.S., regular Freemasons. The result of the request is not known, or at least, unverifiable, by myself, although I have a pretty good idea. Owing to the amount of power the K of C had in the U.S., I'm sure that the Pope may accede to this 'minor' request, it being in the best interest of the relationship between European Catholicism and burgeoning American Catholicism. I have more but it is not relevant at this time to mention. I'm sure I'm going to get plenty of disagreement from even this small bit, so I'm saving my ammo.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ma-ha-bone, your facts are a bit mixed up, or maybe you just have a mix of old information, from 1913?

Fr. Micheal J. McGivney is the founder of the Knights of Columbus.

Today there are almost 1.7 Million Knights of Columbus worldwide. The head of the Order is The Supreme Council, then there are State Councils that overlook a certain area, like The State Council of Ontario has jurisdiction of Ontario, further it is divided into Districts, and then individual Councils. The visible head of the entire order is the Supreme Knight, presently Carl Anderson. The 4th degree has it's own heirarchy, headed by a Supreme Master, Vice Supreme Masters are in charge of a "Province"..and it's futher divided into something, I think it's Districts, and then there are the individual Assemblies.

Also, although it does occur, in an email from Supreme Council to me, in response to my inquiry this year (2004), Knights can not be Masons, and Masons can not be Knights. Membership in freemasonry is forbidden by the Catholic Church.

CC

[edit on 18-10-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It would seem the KofC have very similar principle to the Freemasons.

What the hell does it matter what a group calls itself so long as they are Honorable , Just and look out for the needs of others.

As a Freemason I say God bless the Knights of Columbus and the Knights of Malta and the Knights of various other things.

None of us are perfect but so long as they do good works in an unselfish manner why should it be a problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Around where I live (middle of no where) in the middle of a field there's a grave. A old one. Maybe 100 years? My dad says that the man was a Mason and so his body can't be moved. Why can't thier bodies be moved?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by briel
Around where I live (middle of no where) in the middle of a field there's a grave. A old one. Maybe 100 years? My dad says that the man was a Mason and so his body can't be moved. Why can't thier bodies be moved?

Having one's remains exhumed or resumed has nothing to do with any fraternal organization that the deceased may have belonged to while alive.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My god that post from ma-ha-bone is from 2002. Talk about bringing back the dead. Anyways to add to chief_counsellor's statement, what ma-ha-bone is stating is from a chick tract I once read. The structure is all wrong and bone has no idea what he is saying. Also I am a third degree and I do not remember giving an oath. I have given pledges and as for many of us fraternal members (masons, elks, etc.) you have to. Now one other thing that bone says is that the Knights where having exchanges with other fraternal societies. That is misleading, here is what really happens. Many councils (including mine) have had what is called a fraternal breakfast. All it is getting to know masons (for us shiners) before we do charity work with each other. Not every council in the US does this but it is somewhat common. What is not discussed is what organization is better. Since the charity work is for children everyone puts aside their differences and gets the job done.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow, 2002??? I didn't see that! I was using the search to find topics on subjects, so I didn't repeat what someone else had said in another thread!

Is Mahabone still a member in here?

Thanks for your blessing bill, blessings be upon you as well, and the good your order (the Freemasons) do.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott

What the hell does it matter what a group calls itself so long as they are Honorable , Just and look out for the needs of others.

As a Freemason I say God bless the Knights of Columbus and the Knights of Malta and the Knights of various other things.

None of us are perfect but so long as they do good works in an unselfish manner why should it be a problem.

...AND SO WAS BORN

The Knights of Various Other Things.

Join today! U2U me!

Zipdot

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join