It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament:Tealc v Jrod:Same Sex Marriage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here we go!First round of the new ATS Debate Tournament.

Each debator will have one opening statement each.This will be followed by 3 alternating replies each.There will be one closing statement each and no rebutal.
No post will be longer than 800 words and in the case of the closing statement no longer than 500 words.In the event of a debator posting more than the stated word limit then the excess words will be deleted by me from the bottom.Credits or references at the bottom count as part of the post.

Editing is Strictly forbidden.

Excluding both the opening and closing statements only 1 image or link may be included in any post.Opening and Closing statement must not carry either images or links.

The Debate topic is:Same sex marriages should be recognised in law

Tealc will argue for this proposition and he will open the Debate.
Jrod will respond and argue against this proposition.

As a guide responses should be made within 18 hours.However if the debate is moving forward then I have a relaxed attitude to this.

Defaulters will not be excepted in the next Tournament.The winner will receive 1000 ATS points the loser(on condition of completion)will receive 500 ATS points.This on top of generous points allocation for Debate forum posts.

This Topic will be opened on Sunday Nov 23rd Evening GMT and the debate may start.

The debate will be judged by 7 independent and anonymous judges who will consider the quality of debate and not be swayed by personal sympathy for either argument.
Winning the debate and winning the argument are two different things.

I wish you both goodluck.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would like to thank ATS and John bull 1 for putting on these debates and wish my opponent Tealc good luck.

Opening Statement
My position on this topic is against same sex marriages.
Marriage traditionally in almost every culture around the world has been an official bond between a man and women for support of each other and for the purpose of raising a family. Our government recognizes this bond and offers legal protection for the sake of the each partner's rights and for legal protection of children they might have. Making marriage open for same sex would jeopardize the legal protections already guaranteed and would take away from the sacredness of traditional marriage and family.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I need a reply on this by the end of today,Tealc.

Or Jrod will go through.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Tealc forfeits.

Jrod goes through.

top topics

join