It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's Home movies finally unmuted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
video.google.com...

I just ran across this and was quite stunned at the side of Hitler that I've never seen before. It's both eye opening and chilling at certain points and is definitely worth it, even if all you're interested is in how they did it.

Check it out.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for that, fascinating.

If your interested in that period of history and Hitler's reign of terror, the BBC has a series available on bittorrent which includes a piece - "Revealed: Hitler's private world",
it uses lip reading to discern his words.

An excellent biography is "Hitler" by Joachim C Fest.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think this is the same thing.
They use a Lip-reader and lipsync software to do it as well as voice actors and the like.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My apologies, yes it is the same. I just took some time to watch it and saw that.

Oh well, thought it was different.

Very interesting isn't it?

I'll post some thoughts when I'm through watching the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
After the war, it was decided that Hitler's public speeches would no longer be made public. They're never seen, to this day, on TV or in movies. It's very rare and then only brief snatches of the speeches are broadcast. I get the impression they are equally cautious with his private moments by the amount of time devoted to transcribing the lips of the actual footage.

A good 35 minutes into the film before any meat's served up. Even so, I find it fascinating. It certainly reveals the banality of evil and I'm very pleased that the narrator makes the point that it is evil we are all capable of. A human evil, not a Hitlerian evil. An important distinction, if we don't want a repeat of the same behaviour. Repeated already many times over in the last 100 years. Maybe not on as grand a scale, but with the same purposes and rationalizations under different guises.

Interesting that Hitler was such a non-impressive individual in private, his public persona was a production of theatrics and required the support of the people around him, which lends itself once again to the charismatic attraction of fascism with its decisive certainties. Very sad that his voice coach was Eric Stienmeyer, an Austrian Jew, I wonder if he survived the war - poor man, what a legacy. Of course, his involvement would have been long before the inception of the final solution.

It almost drove me to distraction the amount of time they spent waxing on about automated lip reading, I would have taken the accuracy of the technology on faith to hear more of the private moments. Their obvious love affair with the technology leads me to believe it will be used in all the cameras that line the streets of London in order to decipher the private moments of individuals in public.

Computers are already able to recognize faces and voices and words without sound..,which leads us to the next looming spectre of totalitarian dictatorship.

Interesting show.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I didn't mention Steinmeyer to intimate a 'Zionist' plot. It's mentioned he was a stage clairvoyant, which points towards Hitler's fascination with the occult. Many people have conjectured that Hitler used black arts in his rise to power. It's more likely he was adept at creating illusions. A stage magician would have been able to teach him some of those tricks of the trade. Also the use of occultism created the mystique needed to divert people from a more christian tradition to the ever-seductive 'might is right' philosophy of whoever is winning at the moment.

Conspiracy theorists might point to it as an example of Jewish Banker's involvement in all the wars of the age. The same ones who say a small group of bankers and businessmen created the means for the Russian revolution as well as Hitler's rise to power.
I'm not impressed by such interpretations of history. Bankers and businessmen always were and are opportunists. They may take advantage of such events and even help certain unfotunate aspects along, but it takes a population to support such monumental events in history, not a small group of 'Zionist's' in search of a homeland.

IBM, Prescott Bush, CocaCola, to name but a few - all grew rich on the Nazi rise to power and the war that followed. Incidentally, private intelligence is the fastest growing industry since 911. Companies that research and track individuals using computers. Many of these companies were originally market reseach companies that have taken advantage of the government's military interest in that information. It takes the acquiescence of a nation to enable their rise to power.

Finally, I already was aware of HItler's vegetarianism. I found it ironic that Hitler the vegetarian referred to Goering, 'the hunting carnivore' as a 'pig who eats the flesh of their own.' I've heard that some Peta activists are equally strident in their defense of animals. Hitler's disparagment of his own inner circle must have contributed to their distrust of each other. Much like Saddam's continuous purging of his own upper inner ranks.

Unfortunate, isn't it, that one of the 17 attempts on Hitler's life was not sooner succesful. Some of the early ones sought help from the Engllish before they were attacked and were rebuked by them to meet their deaths at Nazi execution.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by clearwater]

top topics

join