It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig race plan leads to dirty argument

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.chron.com...

I know that this here is the 'war on terror' thread but feel that this article is apart of that. It deals with a mosque being build in rural America (i believe) and the issues regarding it, probably from fear to a certain extent.

These pigs are subtle weapons, here to show the new neighbors — the Katy Islamic Association — they aren't entirely welcome. Tension has been growing in this west Harris County community since September when the Muslim group announced it had purchased 11 acres south of Interstate 10 to build a mosque, school, community center and athletic facilities.

Hard feelings started when Baker met association officials, who, he said, advised him he should move his stone shop.

"They told me it was time for my family to pack up," said Baker, whose family has occupied its land since the early 1800s. "They said a mosque and a marble shop didn't go too good together."

and then....

Feroze said Muslims expected some backlash when they purchased the site, but were surprised at its intensity. He denied that his group's officers had asked Baker to move.

Feroze said the complex will be built to serve 150 to 200 Muslim families in western Harris County. The mosque will be the first structure to be built, but the entire complex, including athletic facilities, should be finished in about five years.

"Right now," he said, "we're just trying to pay the property off."

Feroze said Baker's planned pig racing "makes me mad, but I'm bigger than that."

Association spokesman Yousof Allam said mosque members are puzzled by the opposition they have met.

"We came in with open arms ... ," he said. "There are so many good people in this area, we don't understand why we've gotten this treatment."

Let's hear your opinions on the matter.........

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It seems the same over and over again. "Peaceful Muslims" move in and become like stones in our melting pot. Americans are banned from certain gyms because of "grunting" but it's supposed to be OK for an islamic woman (who isn't even allowed to pray with men in a mosque) acts irate at "the abuse" she's suffered during her prayers in the middle of a gym (full of INFIDELS!)? The unacceptable social habits of smokers have them banned from all buildings- even during the winter (and certain entire cities for gods sake!)- but 6 Imams can wreak havok in an airport? Is this Bizzaro world and I missed it? Who do they think they are?

If anyone told me to move my stone shop because they were building a mosque there would have been some long overdue feet in asses.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hard feelings started when Baker met association officials, who, he said, advised him he should move his stone shop.

"They told me it was time for my family to pack up," said Baker, whose family has occupied its land since the early 1800s. "They said a mosque and a marble shop didn't go too good together."

www.chron.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Once again muslims show their ignorance. The man was there long before they were and they had the balls to ask him to move
Give me a break they should be the ones moving not him. :shk:

[edit on 12/5/2006 by shots]

join