It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of RFID: Tag the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
yea this video makes me a little upset only becuase people are truely serious about this, and cat wait to "tag the world"

the future of RFID

^ its only a few mins long so watch it

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, everybody should watch that short clip. Tag the world
. Just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should do it. In their race for riches, these idiots obviously have never stopped to understand the implication of what they are doing!
I wonder if they'll be so equally proud and pompous when their technology is used to track them, their families and their friends. When every single move they make is tracked and recorded. When such information is used to effectively control them.

I have to say, I absolutely HATE the direction of technology! I abhor the world today and often believe that mankind would be better served by a plague that would wipe out 9/10s of the world's population and set us back a few centuries. Human beings with technology is like watching a bunch of monkeys drive in rush hour traffic!
The greater our technology, the closer we are to a slave state!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yeah, everybody should watch that short clip. Tag the world
. Just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should do it. In their race for riches, these idiots obviously have never stopped to understand the implication of what they are doing!
I wonder if they'll be so equally proud and pompous when their technology is used to track them, their families and their friends. When every single move they make is tracked and recorded. When such information is used to effectively control them.

I have to say, I absolutely HATE the direction of technology! I abhor the world today and often believe that mankind would be better served by a plague that would wipe out 9/10s of the world's population and set us back a few centuries. Human beings with technology is like watching a bunch of monkeys drive in rush hour traffic!
The greater our technology, the closer we are to a slave state!

i agree.

i dislike technology as well.

everything we need is already here on earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I gather that tagging and implanting has been around, at least, theoritically from the time's of Jose Delgado and Lewes Cameron, when they were employed by the CIA.

Tagging seems worldwide and almost a standard procedure of most national and state police force's - they have the tech but will they use it?

We are already tracked by Mobile Phone, Supermarket Loyalty Card's, Car's (through GPS Navigation System's), Addresses, Social Security Number's, Voting's, etc.

Has anyone heard of Remote Neural Monitoring, that they have done through Airport's and Consumner Placement's?

With the Prison population's getting bigger and wider it can get seen they may utilise more RFID Tagging's.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There are a lot of great uses for RFID...and staying true to the head & tails/yin & yang/ good & evil....this product has a lot of bad uses.

Some good uses, is of course inmates...tag them...which will also help in case one escapes.
Stores love them...if they tag all their products, they could vastly reduce stealing...but they would need something to kill them...maybe have an autoshuttoff, so when they pass by some sort of scanner by the entrance/exit they will all turn off in 30 seconds...or something like that.

But the bad uses...is of course the big brother fear, no one wants someone watching their every move all the time....which is completely understandable. as long as bussinesses use this tech non ivasively, it should do very very well, and for the more paranoid/cautious among us, there should be something for sale that you can wave it over an RFID and it will kill/dissable it.

since these dont use batteries (I believe), would a small EM pulse work on them?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Look, RFID is not a GPS system. You cannot at any time know where someone is.

The whole intention to RFID is to store data, such as medical history, and ID.

You already have to carry your ID on you, having it embedded in you is no different. If you're forging your identity, then you deserve to be paranoid.

I for one would be very greatful if an RFID tag saves my life because the doctors knew I would react a certain way to certain treatments.

Everyone keeps misunderstanding what RFID is. It is NOT a way to track your location. You litterally have to scan the chip to get information from it. RFID technology requires you to be within half a foot from a scanner before the scanner can pick up data from it.

Ever used an RFID key? Some of you probably live in an apartment with 'soft keys'. I do. You have to take that chip and bring it near that scanner on the wall before it will unlock the door. You cant accidentally scan it, and it can't be scanned easily without you knowing.
The RFID technology in question is exactly that, only it's under the surface of your skin.

And, it's completley up to you if you want it or not.

Besides, if someone wanted to, they can already track your every movement without any technology built into you.

It's all a big misconception of what the technology can do.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I may be wrong, but isn't the stuff they use to prevent shoplifting at department stores a sort of RFID chip? And since they are detected with that gateway looking thing at the entrance, couldn't it be possible to set up those things (the gateways) everywhere else?

I'm not really worried about those chips, though. Malaysia has an ID card system (called MyKad) with a chip inside that carries pretty much all your personal info as well as doubling as an ATM card. The card can work in conjunction with such scanners mentioned earlier at toll booths as well.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that those toll booth scanners can also track when an individual passes through, that's why criminals can't really hide in the urban areas here... they gotta run to Indonesia or Thailand and cause havoc there..

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

what makes you assume that those enforcing worldwide tagging would be also tagged themselves? the ones in charge certainly wouldnt be tagged for 'security reasons' thus allowing freedom of movement for themselves (less chance of coups & assassinations) and they will be free to implement any new technology worldwide for as long as that technology is hackproof

new topics

top topics

join