It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA $9 Trillion in Debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Due mostly to the war on terror. It was 5.6 trillion when Bush took office now almost $9 trillion.

Basically we are broke and going further into debt.

Why are we fighting this war that is financially putting us into the abyss?

www.npr.org...

www.brillig.com...

I wish I could spend money I don't have then keep raising the limit so it puts everyone in the USA into about $30,000 worth of debt per person.

Maybe the USA needs to file for bankruptcy, because we sure can't pay off this debt with almost no production and industry here in the USA.

A wealthly nation is when a nation produces something from the ground to it's end product and most of that is done in China these days.

We are just washing each others backs and exchange money no real wealth is being produce anymore in the USA. And slowly the US government takes a lbit of that money for high taxes based on a booming economy until its all gone and most people have nothing left.

if this is being done purposely then it is an act of treason or maybe even economic terrorism.

GDP is growing faster then the debt is. Thats a good thing. As for your piece on china. They are far from a 'wealthy nation'. Many problems that country has. Go look up "chinese opinion" and look at one of my pieces I wrote on that. I think its the 2nd or 3rd page.

The war on terror is costing big bucks. But whats also hurting america is the unfair trade practices by china in particular. Finally the US might be getting ready to do something about it! I say finally because since free trade began the debt with china has grown substantialy every year. Heres a good read about the subject. www.americaneconomicalert.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i Posted this link in Yeah Rights Two $trillion$ Missing from Pentagon thread. It shows that the missing figure is not $2.3 Trillion but actually $3.4 Trillion. And before anyone says whats the difference. Its $1.1 Trillion

Transcript of Representative Cynthia McKinney's Exchange with Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Richard Myers, and Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) Tina Jonas, March 11th, 2005

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I guess everyone in the USA is a consumer whore and loves debt.

ape

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would just like to informa all not to listen to ku4upt he is a globalist with an outsourcing agenda, the fair tax policy is the answer to this problem, right now we have a social security and medicare crisis which only contributes to the deficit along with insane spending, with fair tax all of this is leveled out and medicare aloing with social security become managable, it will simplify the tax process with 144 pages instead of the thousands of dracionian tax code pages we have now. it will enable the american people to see if their elected representative is making decisions that would be in their best interests in regards to spending and fiscal responsibility.

this would also bring back the US industry and make it profitable to produce in the US once again, with interest rates so low foreign investment would skyrocket in the US and high wage job creation would usher in a new era of US economic prosperity.

it will happen soon, our current system cannot sustain itself, we need to check spending and make some adjustments, in time the US economy is predicted to double in size within 10 years, the deficit would be reduced to a managable level

here are some sources, this have been researched and proposed it's just a matter of time, the majority of economists agree its time for a change. it's time to unleash the beast which is the the US citizen.

fairtax.org...

fairtax.org...

enjoy.

[edit on 23-12-2006 by ape]

[edit on 23-12-2006 by ape]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join