It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa unveils New settlement planned at south pole — of the moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

A small settlement on the South Pole of the moon by 2020, according to this article. Could sustain 4 people and a possible way station for crew heading to Mars!

Now this is some development?, doesn't that beg the question of moon anomolies not existing if NASA is so keen and open to send us back after all these years?. What are they playing at?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There's an interesting bit :

Earth's first off-world colonists will cruise the surface in a new-generation lunar lander that will function like a low-gravity pickup truck, possibly journeying to the dark side to build the most ambitious collection of observatories ever constructed, NASA said.

The problem with these things is that whatever results they came up with , there will always be people calling them liars...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I believe if this is pushed forward, then any "anomolies" that may pop up in photos presented to show progress, will just be airbrushed or photoshopped. I mean these are the same people that have did it before.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That's true but my guess is that guys like us will be keeping a VERY close eye on things if and when the mission took off, if i'm not too old to see that is....

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is where they would be plonked down:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This was mentioned before on a news broadcast about 5 years +/- a year or so i cant remebr the date it was going to comence but it seems pretty soon. Im suprised they are going back there after what happened on the moon with the ufos and such aparently they got scared off.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here's a pic released by Nasa illustrating their goals for the future. Small fry compared to what's already up there!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I cant see man building a base on the mooon, surely not in my life time.

There are to many pressing issues on earth that are going to require our COMPLETE attention and economy.

Spending billions, upon billions to put a pitstop on the moon is not priority.

Why cant we give 100 million to impoverished nations ?
Why cant we focus on eliminating the enviroment destroying cr@p we pump into the atmosphere?

A moon base is possible, and probable.

But if we put the major concerns 2nd priority to this science fiction fantasy... we'll never be around to get the first foundation laid.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments Agit8dchop. I certainly agree with the points you raised but what are your thoughts on Aliens & UFO's on the moon itself and these anomoloies that are being hidden.

I'm just wondering what the community thinks because a lot of people were saying that we would not go back to the moon because of what they have seen before (and us public not supposed to see). Now NASA has announced this although I did hear rumblings a few years ago about it. Do you think there may be other motives for going back?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I dont believe there are aliens, or alien structures on the moon.

If aliens were on the moon, with structures.. theyd be on earth.

the moon is just a chucnk of dusty rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I dont believe there are aliens, or alien structures on the moon.

If aliens were on the moon, with structures.. theyd be on earth.

I'm wondering what the reason is behind your statement, out of curiousity.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why would aliens build structures on the moon?
when a lucious, life filled earth was right there all the time.

why would they of traveled god knows how far.. and stopped at the moon?

without leaving anything significant to say, we were here!

Where are they now ?

The moon, in my opinion is a barron, dusty, dry rock.

I dont have proof to say nothings there, the same way people dont have proof to say something is.

But if you buy books of photography from space, you will see that some shapes on earth which represent very 'human' things, can occur naturally, usually by a fluke.

IF there's something in a photo, on the surface of the moon that appears altered , and not by nature..

chances are it is nature.. just acting strange.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

without leaving anything significant to say, we were here!

Where are they now ?

The moon, in my opinion is a barron, dusty, dry rock.

I dont have proof to say nothings there, the same way people dont have proof to say something is.

But if you buy books of photography from space, you will see that some shapes on earth which represent very 'human' things, can occur naturally, usually by a fluke.

IF there's something in a photo, on the surface of the moon that appears altered , and not by nature..

because maybe the moon is hollow and they live inside the moon. according to some theory out there, the inside of the moon is earth-like, possessing earth-like vegetation and water.

we already think the moon is hollow since impacts make it resonate like a bell. so if the moon is hollow, then there could very well be something living inside of it - a large, advanced, booming civilization. perhaps the moon is a base the greys use to monitor us. or perhaps the moon is an artificial alien creation. it's very possible since the physics of the moon have some pretty crazy mathematical coincidences.

as for the structures on top of the moon, perhaps they are for some type of communication, or possibly they are the earth equivalent of observatories or launch pads for their craft.

we have the capability to go to the moon and back and have had the capability for at least 50 years, yet we don't do it (at least publicly). whose to say they'd come visit us? perhaps they have better manners and know not to intrude on another species' territory. or maybe they visit us all the time, and we don't even know it.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I cant see man building a base on the mooon, surely not in my life time.

There are to many pressing issues on earth that are going to require our COMPLETE attention and economy.

Why cant we give 100 million to impoverished nations ?
Why cant we focus on eliminating the enviroment destroying cr@p we pump into the atmosphere?

A moon base is possible, and probable.

But if we put the major concerns 2nd priority to this science fiction fantasy... we'll never be around to get the first foundation laid.

While I find the idea of a moon base very interesting I have to agree with Agit8dChop on this topic.

We need to concentrate on fixing the issues on our planet first before we put an Esso station on the moon. If we don't handle our priorities in the proper way then such a base is going to have to hold alot more than 4 people.

On a side note, if they do go through with this. I hope they stock the snack shop with some good treats!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You must not be very old. The US and Russia have had bases on the moon since the late 1950's. The aliens were there long before us. The colonization of Mars started in the early 60's. The last discovery NASA made was when Major Nelson found I Dream of Jeanie on Cocoa Beach. Seek the truth and deny ignorance. Here's some truth to get you started:

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Yeah well tell that to the dinosaurs.

Umm... isn't that what the other 99% of the budget is for?

Hawking: Humans must colonize other planets
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Humans must colonize planets in other solar systems — traveling there using "Star Trek"-style propulsion — or face extinction, renowned British cosmologist Stephen Hawking said Thursday.

"Sooner or later disasters such as an asteroid collision or a nuclear war could wipe us all out," said Professor Hawking, who was disabled by a muscle disease at the age of 21 and who speaks through a computerized voice synthesizer.

"But once we spread out into space and establish independent colonies, our future should be safe," said Hawking, who received the world's oldest award for scientific achievement, the Copley Medal, from Britain's Royal Society on Thursday.

In order to survive, humanity would have to venture off to other hospitable planets orbiting another star, but conventional chemical fuel rockets that took man to the moon on the Apollo mission would take 50,000 years to travel there, he said.

"Science fiction has developed the idea of warp drive, which takes you instantly to your destination," said. "Unfortunately, this would violate the scientific law, which says that nothing can travel faster than light."

However, by using "matter/antimatter annihilation," velocities just below the speed of light could be reached, making it possible to reach the next star in about six years.

Supposedly this guy is uber-smart and did his homework so we maybe we should be smart and listen to what he has to say? I just hope it's not sooner than later.

Baby steps... we might also want to look at developing the capabilty to detect and destroying any incoming too but if anybody's got any better ideas feel free to pitch in and help. I'm busy working on the light speed thing...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

They probably use the moon for their own spaceport. And one looks deeper into the possibility of alien existence for starters, one should consider their biological make up is different than ours, considering they evolved on a different world, so Earth may not directly suit them

Spaceport between Earth and their home planet possibly.

Where are they now ?

If you pay attention to the vast number of U.F.O. sightings that are reported on sites such as NUFORC and numerous others, you can easy make the conclusion that they're all around us.

That's reasonable.

Such as...?

Since when does the moon have an active nature

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This doesn’t sound like the US is going to be the only country backing this moon base, it sounds like other countries are interested having a part in this. I really enjoy knowing that a Russian, German, and US astro/cosmonaut are orbiting our planet...together. And even an Iranian/US woman at one point...who paid for it! Amazing when you think about how much we all distrusted each other 20 years ago.

The one thing I worry about with trips to the moon is that they only use one vehicle. Columbus used three ships to find the New World and one of them didn’t make it back. I would hope they think of maybe sending a backup lander to the moon first, so in case of mechanical failure that they have another ship to get back to Earth with. Four dead astronauts or stranded ones would end this quickly.

I also wonder if they are after helium-3 on the moon for fusion research...a coincidence that we have an international fusion research station in France starting up and a push to get back to the moon? That would certainly be a nice advancement for all of humanity to have fusion power.

Here’s a link from Space.com on what the base might look like.
link

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
There was something in the media that we due to the increase in global warming would need a seperate planet for the human race.It didn`t go into details on why we would.There was also in our media another doomsday prediction of a meteor hitting or coming as close as our satellites and then returning 7 yrs latter to impact us.Maybe NASA and some govts rather than keeping NWO as the theories here it is a New World Organisation`s to save humanity.but l guess since they did the film ideas such as this sound and are ridiculous.Having said that the earths very old and we only been here 0.0000000001 percent of its life.It has constantly changed its climate, slow to us but enough to wipe out life and start again.We could well be getting closer to the same fate as the Dino`s.
oh crap

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Why it`s gonna take 16 more years to do.Having seen the craft`s that returned from the last visit it should only take NASA 13 hrs to build a craft capable based on tech today combined with before.

Makes you wonder how long before the US admits what anybody with a brain can work out.Those craft couldn`t possibly have traveled to the moon and back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join