It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus just another prophet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For the Jews, there was Moses (or Abraham), for Islam there was Muhammad, for Buddism there was Buddha, Confucianism there is Confucius, Taoism - Laozi, and last, Jesus of Christianity.

Isn't it funny that all those religions have a person who founded the religion? Jesus appears to be just another face in the crowd.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nope, Jesus was not just another man, he is God incarnate, isn't it funny how he's the only one to make this claim?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
well, in islam there is ISSA, the same man people refer to as jesus
he is considered one of the great prophets in islam
actually, there is more about issa's mother mary in the quran than there is in the bible...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Jesus is a spiritual warrior, he is one of a few that is a projection of the Light. He didn't came to Earth to start an religion, he came to teach people about the truth. Many things that is writen that he said in the Bible isn't what he actualy said, it's been messed with to fit the agenda of the christian leaders in through the centuries.

This is the best article about the truth of Jesus that i have read:

Jesus The Spiritual Warrior

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
For the Jews, there was Moses (or Abraham), for Islam there was Muhammad, for Buddism there was Buddha, Confucianism there is Confucius, Taoism - Laozi, and last, Jesus of Christianity.

Isn't it funny that all those religions have a person who founded the religion? Jesus appears to be just another face in the crowd.

Yeh, he was a messenger.. but he was THE MESSENGER.. not just A MESSENGER...

His message WAS the last... it was LOVE even unto death.. accept and love and understand all things...

I would like to display something ...

The meaning of IAN which is the end of CHRIST... a CHRIST-IAN

-ian
suffix.

1. Of, relating to, or resembling: Bostonian.
2. One relating to, belonging to, or resembling: academician.

that means it 'resembles CHRIST' .. it is NOT Christ...

Many shall come in my name..........?

[edit on 12/5/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Was Jesus Christ just another prophet?

Quite simply, no. C.S. Lewis wrote a great essay that many have expanded upon, including Josh McDowell, called "Lord, Liar or Lunatic?"

Jesus Christ was very blatant in His claim to be God, not just a prophet, throughout the gospel accounts (which Josh McDowell and Lee Strobel both do great jobs of authenticating in Evidence that Demands A Verdict and The Case for Christ, respectively).

His impact on the world is obvious to just about everyone, with Jews addressing Him in the Talmud (as a false prophet), Islam trying to hijack His message and corrupting it (as a prophet of Islam), Unitarians trying to claim He's a just a teacher and He never claimed to be the only way (as Pure Energy seems to indicate), or even claim that Jesus Christ was the founder of other religions, such as the Gnostics attempted to do and as InSaneTK is saying. Gandhi said Christ's lessons were important, as well. The problem with all these corruptions is they take some without taking the whole of who Christ was and what He proclaimed. They pick and choose what to believe in order to have a Christ of their own design that fits with what they want to believe.

Christians try to follow Christ, rather than creating a Christ that follows them and their beliefs. He is vastly different than any other prophet or teacher in the past, as well. Jesus Christ brought salvation. Christianity is the only religion that is not works based, where your salvation is dependant on your actions. He said it quite simply in the Gospel of John chapter 3, verses 16-18:

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

No other religion puts itself to the test in such a way as to predict the future not be wrong in any way (with the exception of Judaism, though they don't recognize all of their prophesies that have been fulfilled). Islam sort of does this, though when Muhammad contradicts himself, he says, "well, you know, that other time when I said Allah said that, it was actually the devil speaking, but this time, it was really God. I'm sure of it." Others escape this by saying their prediction of the future is one possible outcome (Voodoo, tarot, other forms of witchcraft). The Bible, on the other hand, goes so far as to say that if a prophet speaks anything that does not come true, they are false prophets and should be ignored (before Christ, they were to be killed). Therefore, all prophets in the Bible, from Moses to Elijah to Samuel to John the Baptist, the book claims, are 100% accurate.

That's a pretty audacious claim that has yet to be refuted over the past 2,000 years of intense scrutiny, especially if Christianity is just another religion among many and Christ just another prophet!

[edit on 12/5/06/05 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well said brother!

Jesus was not just another prophet, he is "I AM".

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
YHWH is "I AM" , Jesus had flesh, his flesh died. It broke down just like other dead people's flesh does, to give nutrients to the surrounding plants and animals .. large and small. Like my flesh will, like yours will, unless it isn't charred. But enough about all this dead flesh.. because people are going to start harping on me saying "But when Jesus resurrected he went to heaven body and all .." Silly I say, to think a man in the flesh he was born in existing in Heaven.

Back to the light of the source. If any of you are lucky enough to see Heaven, you will find Jesus there, but he will be at the side of God, he will be God's hand, God being YHWH, the God of the Jews, the God of Old Testament. The one God, the God of Islam.

And at Judgement which we will all find ourselves whether we like it or not, Jesus will be asked by God if he taught that he indeed was God, the creator, and to be worshipped as such on Earth by us. He will deny this, and frankly if the scriptures neatly spell out that Jesus said he was God then I cry lies and sabotage, I refuse to think he was crazy. He couldn't be, he was divinely guided, sent, and remains to this day. He exists right now. But he didn't create the Universe.. and he didn't tell us to worship the image of his dead or dying flesh pinned to a wooden crucifix at the front of the congregation.

[edit on 12/5/2006 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At the time, those cultures had no knowledge of China and their religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At the time, those cultures had no knowledge of China and their religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
JJ, both you and CS Lewis have forgotten two things that jesus may have been, nonexistent or misquoted

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
YHWH is "I AM" , Jesus had flesh, his flesh died. It broke down just like other dead people's flesh does, to give nutrients to the surrounding plants and animals .. large and small. Like my flesh will, like yours will, unless it isn't charred. But enough about all this dead flesh.. because people are going to start harping on me saying "But when Jesus resurrected he went to heaven body and all .." Silly I say, to think a man in the flesh he was born in existing in Heaven.

Back to the light of the source. If any of you are lucky enough to see Heaven, you will find Jesus there, but he will be at the side of God, he will be God's hand, God being YHWH, the God of the Jews, the God of Old Testament. The one God, the God of Islam.

And at Judgement which we will all find ourselves whether we like it or not, Jesus will be asked by God if he taught that he indeed was God, the creator, and to be worshipped as such on Earth by us. He will deny this, and frankly if the scriptures neatly spell out that Jesus said he was God then I cry lies and sabotage, I refuse to think he was crazy. He couldn't be, he was divinely guided, sent, and remains to this day. He exists right now. But he didn't create the Universe.. and he didn't tell us to worship the image of his dead or dying flesh pinned to a wooden crucifix at the front of the congregation.

[edit on 12/5/2006 by runetang]

Nope, sorry, Jesus is God, he said so, is it so hard to believe God could come down from heaven?

Remember, the creator is always greater than the creation, so God can humble himself more than any other person.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let me just make something clear, this thread does not reflect my beliefs. I do believe and God and Jesus the savior.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Maybe we need to better understand this 'Jesus person'...

check this out

Christianity assumed its orthodoxy under the decisions of the Roman emperor and the church councils in the fourth century by introducing various creeds and canons to the church. Clearly, the orthodoxy of the early church was intensely associated with political and other pressures.

By using the pesher method, a technique whereby texts were cited and then rewritten and reinterpreted in ways quite different from the original sense, the writers and compilers of various texts were able to invent, interpret or embellish stories which could be tailored to specific purpose or prophecy. However, it was an acceptable practice in those days. Hence, various texts were cited from different sources and then rewritten and reinterpreted according to the writer's personal convictions.

www.xeeatwelve.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Nope, sorry, Jesus is God, he said so, is it so hard to believe God could come down from heaven?

Remember, the creator is always greater than the creation, so God can humble himself more than any other person.

'Jesus is god' - Nope, that is conjecture.

'Is it so hard to believe god could come down from heaven' - If your god could do what you believe it able to, then no it wouldnt be hard to believe. But the existence of god is also conjecture.

'Remember, the creator is always greater than the creation' - As has been stated before "who created the creator"?

G

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It is not conjecture. It's truth. Stop relying on false intellectuality and start relying on faith, it works much better for religion.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
It is not conjecture. It's truth. Stop relying on false intellectuality and start relying on faith, it works much better for religion.

shihulud has not been relying on FALSE INTELECTUALITY, to the contrary
the arguments have been from logic and rationality

and just because faith works better for religion doesn't mean it is superior
hell, you haven't proven that religion is better than rationality and/or logic

and it isn't truth because it is subjective

[edit on 12/9/06 by madnessinmysoul]

new topics

top topics

join