It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Its ok, guess I will have to get use to it. Kinda messes with my eyes so far though.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm used to eyestrain after a marathon ATS session.

But my old eyes are feeling it coming on after just reading this thread with the white/grey on black.

If this is the permanent setup, any chance of a user-adjustable interface with a lighter color choice? Black is great as an accent, but can be too much of a good thing

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Excellent, except that the background is tooooo dark. Can it be made a lighter shade of the present very dark grey? It's a little claustrophobic at present.

On the whole, it's great!

[edit on 4-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
West Point, I dare you to wear that to Afghanistan.

Well why would I wear a woman's bathing suite in the first place? Let alone in Afghanistan of all places.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I hope we can get a little better contrast on MyATS.

In fact, those of us over 50 are probably going to have to wear glasses and hunch over the computer to read comfortably, which won't be nearly as comfortable as leaning back in my chair and reading from a couple of arms' lengths.

[edit on 2006/12/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I hate the dark; especially on the paranormal section (we need a torch!!!). Did whoever choose the colour bother to do some favourite colure research? Thought not. Because even red would be better (although still horrid).

All I can do is vote with my feet. I reckon this will probably happen naturally because I’ll be looking at less; and therefore spending and contributing much less if this continues.

It actually makes the site look some kind Star Wars fans club; but even that would be much better as at least you would have a few stars to look at. So instead I would call it “the hacker’s society look”.
Black is only cool if colour blind, or some teenager trying to make a statement to your parents. Did anyone think of brown? At least it would look like #.

I wonder if this is a conspiracy? Perhaps ATS has hired someone bent on damaging the site?

Well was pleasently surprised to see the "posting thread-reply" bit has remained clear.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Liberal I feel you man, though I'll wait until it's fully done to give my official opinion on it, but so far there are a host of things I do and do not like. I'm trying to convince myself to give it time since change takes a while to set in.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
At first I kind of liked the new page, but after a while of reading bright text with a black background I feel like lasers are burning holes in my retinas all the way through to my brain.

Or at least making me cross-eyed

It's still a work in progress, so I hope that part gets fixed.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I tilted my screen down a little and that helps, but in order to be comfortable and lean back in my chair, I have to put on my Walmart reading glasses and because my eyes are very different in their prescriptions, it's kind of like being blind in one eye at this distance.

Sitting upright and looking at the screen, everything looks great. Sadly, I never do any computer work in the upright position.

[edit on 2006/12/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
SO - I normally love your work - and this does have a good graphic ambience

BUT

IT IS NOT READABLE.

IMO - Experiencing ATS depends on reading -or at least scanning- huge amounts of written information.

...And only black on white, preferably with serifs, is easy to read.

Also IMO - going this way will completely alter the kind of members attracted, the quality of members' involvement - and will suppress cerebral participation.

I have to leave now. My eyes hurt and I have a headache.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Oh yeah

I really really hate it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Make it sparkle. Try out diff colors for font in thread, URLs and time stamp.
[color=7FFF00]Make it sparkle. Try out diff colors for font in thread, URLs and time stamp.

[color=7FFF00]Like this!

Or this! Or this! Or this! Or this!

Maybe something like this

Come up with suggestion as to the default of thread font.
You can write the HEX of any color inside the color tag.

[color=7FFF00]Except for this one all font colors here are from the box. I think it is a pleasant bright colour without being harsh and dominant and in some way it pleases the eye. Called *c h a r t r e u s*

[color=7FFF00](see what it looks like in italic)Come up with suggestion as to the default of thread font.
You can write the HEX of any color inside the color tag.

[color=7CFC00][edit to add more examples]... .

[color=ADFF2F]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #ADFF2F
[color=98FB98]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #98FB98
[color=00FA9A]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FA9A
[color=00FF7F]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FF7F
[color=00FFFF]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #00FFFF
[color=7FFFD4]These are different swatches of brigt greens all the way to cyan. #7FFFD4
[edit on 4-12-2006 by khunmoon]

[edit on 4-12-2006 by khunmoon]

jra

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I like the black look, but I was curious to see how the threads themselves would be handled. I'll of course wait till it's completely done to pass final judgment, but I've heard this somewhere and I find it to be true somewhat, is that reading black/dark text on white/light backgrounds is easier on the eyes than the other way around. Also anyone who has an avatar that is white or at least relatively bright, becomes very distracting and over powering against the black.

But i'll wait and see how it all goes.

EDIT: Just reading some of the past post really shows that reading light text against dark backgrounds isn't as nice on peoples eyes as dark text on light backgrounds.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by jra]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have to say that so far i am loving it. This black background is much easier on my eyes than that glaring whiteness of the past. I don't see how it's harder to read things this way, i find it much easier to sit here and read. The bright white would always hurt my eyes after a while (because i use my computer for games and movies, so i have a high contrast setting, and in order to see anything and have it look well the contrast must be high.)

Can't wait to see the finished product. Also, I don't think that a new black background is going to change the audience of ATS drastically at all.

Black is an awesome color, so welcome to the next generation people.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As one of the Johnny-come -Lateleys I would just like to say the new skin is great, and also I would personally like to thank the mods, webmasters, and everyone involved in bringing ats to us, this is really a great thing you all are doing*

jra

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The background looks lighter now. Much nicer and easier on my eyes, thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Since this is a skin, I assume that it will eventually be a choice between this and "Classic" ATS? I hope so, because one theme will not please them all, but multiple themes can please the greatest number of people possible.
BTW The contrast on the My New Posts page is too low now. I can barely see the text on some of threads.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't like the dark background. It really hurts my eyes.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Why can't we just stick to Newspaper gray background and a Black font? That is the easiest to read IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join