It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We have a new feature at the top-left of every page on the discussion board:

Use this new tool to define the look of text-heavy pages on ATS.

If you're currently viewing light text on a dark background, the button will indicate "light", giving you the option to toggle to dark text on a light background.

If you're currently viewing dark text on a light background, the button will indicate "dark", and give you the option to toggle to the default "Dark Matter" color scheme.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Would it be too much of a hassle to add a "Classic" category for those who prefer the old colors of the New Posts page?

By "classic" this is what I mean.

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Linky

[edit on 8-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In My ATS Favorites, when you click the arrows that should take you to the last page in the thread, it gives you a number instead and a blank white page.

Do you have a donations button?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Firstly great new!

but i cant customize the look, when i click on the DARK button it just refreshes the page.

Oh and a flicker of a white page with some numbers ?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Would it be too much of a hassle to add a "Classic" category for those who prefer the old colors of the New Posts page?

By "classic" this is what I mean.

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Linky

[edit on 8-12-2006 by sardion2000]

OMG

Just looking at how things used to be makes you realise just how much of an improvement the new ATS is!!

BTW I love using the Internet way back machine

Internet Wayback Machine

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We have a new feature at the top-left of every page on the discussion board:

Use this new tool to define the look of text-heavy pages on ATS.

This isn't working for me. It's just reloading the page as is. That aside, I'm loving the new look.

[edit on 8/12/06 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
For some reason whenever I use the "DARK" option and try to reload the page, Firefox gives me some kind of post data warning. Sup wit dat?

I like the dark option better but I don't want to have to deal with that Firefox warning every time.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Big snaps to the Admin on this one.

It is going to take a little bit of time to get used to browsing through the threads in the Recet Posts list, but it will come with time.

As many have already said, huge fan of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
For some reason whenever I use the "DARK" option and try to reload the page, Firefox gives me some kind of post data warning. Sup wit dat?

It's because the options send form-data to the theme-management code. If you simply click to another page rather than hit refresh, you'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
This isn't working for me. It's just reloading the page as is.

Then for some reason, your browser is not accepting the new cookie that sets your theme preference.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can not log into the ATS side? I put my name and password, I KNOW they are correct. The the fields go blank, and I'm not logged In.

Is anyone else having this issue?

[edit on 8-12-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I can not log into the ATS side? I put my name and password, I KNOW they are correct. The the fields go blank, and I'm not logged In.

Then how did you post this?

I am having some problems with the LIGHT switch
at the top of the page, it only works in Opera when I delete the cookie.

In Firefox works. In IE7 on Windows Vista it does not work.

PS: While I was editing this post I noticed that the anoying bug that put the old text when we preview an edited post is still here.

[edit on 8/12/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In BTS, lol.

All is working now.

Dae

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The new icons on the front page are lovely. I think shrinking them to fit on the side of thread headings is baaad.

How about taking the original, like this:

and changin it to something like this for the thread listings:

and this:

to this:

Possible do away with the slanty look, like looking directly at the image. And perhaps outlining the image with the appropriate colour for the forum. Just an idea

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My problem with the LIGHT/DARK switch is the exactly the same in IE7 and Opera, it stays on "LIGHT" and never changes, unless I delete the cookie. In that case the switch changes to "DARK", but the first time I click it, it stays blocked on "LIGHT" again.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The light/dark toggle should work.

We had an issue with cookie-writing that was because of some left-over trouble-shooting code that was used to test the feature... it was preventing the writing of some cookies, including those trying to log-in.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The light/dark toggle should work.

Still not working here Skeptic perhaps there is still some code left to tweak. All I get is a page refresh.
I am using IE 6 cookies allowed

[edit on 12/8/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
shots
In what situation does the page remains, light or dark?

In my case the page does not change to light, when it reaches the "DARK" it never changes back, and this happens in Opera and IE7.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
shots
In what situation does the page remains, light or dark?

With me it never changes Dark is all that comes up. When I click on the Dark to customize all that happens is the pages refreshes and I get no option to change it.

This may help you with IE7 but until they get the java problems fixed in 7 I refuse to switch

www.uwec.edu...

[edit on 12/8/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
This may help you with IE7 but until they get the java problems fixed in 7 I refuse to switch

www.uwec.edu...

As I expected, it didn't make any difference.

Also, IE 7 is not my biggest problem, I only use it on some sites, I prefer Opera.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join