It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The lightest view is now great and readable without headaches. The only way to improve now is to make the board fit a 1024x or 1280x and w/s instead of catering for 800x users who must be in a small minority these days.

I can safely say that if the lightest version is used or an option then it wouldnt affect page views from those who are having trouble, nice one.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oooooh, it just keeps changing - so maybe it's best to give it a few days,

but...

When I select the light or lightest thread settings, (much better), I now get the "candystripe" thread listing on the recent threads display - which is more than a trifle gaudy against the black background.

Sorry SO you can't win can you?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The lightest view is now great and readable without headaches. The only way to improve now is to make the board fit a 1024x or 1280x and w/s instead of catering for 800x users who must be in a small minority these days.

You must be using a rather nice display as I can only get 60hertz refresh at 1024x1280.

I guess the uni needs to upgrade to mostly lcd's instead of these damn old beaten up crt's

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
You must be using a rather nice display as I can only get 60hertz refresh at 1024x1280.

I guess the uni needs to upgrade to mostly lcd's instead of these damn old beaten up crt's

NeoN HaZe.
I had to use a 60 hertz monitor at work and it was killing my eyes so I refused to use in in the end and got someone else to do all the work.

I have a 1280 LCD monitor here and its fine for every site Ive visited except for white text on black backgrounds which can literally only read for seconds before my eyes get tired.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Skeptic d00d....

Looks cool ;-P

didn't like it for the first minute and a half but after that... it just looks damn wicked..

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Love the new look and the choice of "lightness" levels (currently using "darkest" and loving it).

The only issue I have has been voiced by others in that I have A LOT of dead space on the right (1680x1050 resolution). I don't mind the "fixed" width to cater to low end monitors but is there an easy way to center it for higher resolution users?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
We're still tweaking the site layout, colors, and settings.

I think that the "light" setting is a solid compromise for overall acceptance, and will be the default setting soon enough.

As some astute members have noticed, this slight display customization capability was indeed mentioned in my first post that started this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The Favorites, Subscribe, New Thread, & Post Reply buttons are amazing.

Those together with the buttons up the top give this site an amazing look.

Hats off to you guys.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its going to take some getting used to...I still say its the same look we had back in 2003-2004 and looks retro to me.

Forgive me for saying this, but this new look almost makes me feel like i'm all alone here and nobody's there. Is that weird or what? The other flowed had good vibes, i'm not sure about this one.
Also is it me or does the black slow down the website??

A grateful ATS member* since 2004

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can't read this.

I mean, I can, if I strain my eyes, and adjust the contrast on my PC to the point where I have to squint in every other application, but to be perfectly honest, it's too hard to read. The whole point of this site is to be able to read and write, not to be artsy Generation-X looking. I would gladly trade all the cool graphics and capabilities in the world for an easy-to-read interface where I didn't have to squint, hunt for buttons, and get a headache reading for more than a few minutes.

I know everything is in a state of flux right now, and seriously, I appreciate every ounce of work the staff puts into this site, and I'm addicted as all hell to it. I have many deep friendships and professional rivalries built up on this site the last couple of years, but I'm pretty much going to have to leave ATS till there's an easier-on-the-eyes version of it. I am not insulting anyone, or anyone's work, so I would appreciate it if people didn't flame back at me. I'm just saying, my eyes are not that great, and this site presently is very hard on them.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
thelibra,

Have you tried the four color schemes that SO has introduced? I only see them on ATS at the moment, but I am sure all four will be introduced to BTS and PTS in the near future.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Have you tried the four color schemes that SO has introduced? I only see them on ATS at the moment, but I am sure all four will be introduced to BTS and PTS in the near future.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by chissler]

Thank you Chissler!!!
That made a huge difference when I clicked the lightest button.
I'm so greatful you pointed that out, I never noticed that function before.

One other thing I noticed, maybe I'm crazy
but you can no longer see when you have U2U's waiting for you. I had a bunch last night, and only noticed it when I went to send another person one, otherwise I wouldn't have checked because the front page didn't tell me I had any. I'm gonna have to remember to check the member center all the time now. Is that a perminent change?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
One other thing I noticed, maybe I'm crazy
but you can no longer see when you have U2U's waiting for you.

The board will alert you.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's why I said maybe I'm crazy....but I never saw any alerts yesterday. I'll just sit back and be patient now. Thanks for the info

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
That's why I said maybe I'm crazy....but I never saw any alerts yesterday. I'll just sit back and be patient now. Thanks for the info

I tested it yesterday by sending a u2u to myself. Nothing was displayed. It was later in the day that I began to notice the new alert. So that might explain it jen, the fact it may not of been introduced.

I'm a huge fan of the new u2u alert.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The site looks awesome now. With all the new folders finally up and the color coded titles in the recent posts page.

I love it so much.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Forgive me for saying this, but this new look almost makes me feel like i'm all alone here and nobody's there. Is that weird or what? The other flowed had good vibes, i'm not sure about this one.
Also is it me or does the black slow down the website??

A grateful ATS member* since 2004

Not discounting the hard work involved in this transition, but I do agree with dgtempe.

For some reason, I too, get the feeling of being alone with no one around.

I think maybe with the 'updating current topics' on the main page of the last design, it made it apparent that there were other people on - all the time.

As far as the rest of the changes

Has a nice 'cool' look to it, somewhat mysterious if you will.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I realize that this is a work in progress, as has been stated here already, BUT...

One thing that I notice is missing, is the GOOGLE search applet.

Otherwise totally loving the new layout. The new "Group" functions (at the top of every thread) for MyATS/Favorites, active threads, etc. is an excellent addition.

It takes care of the recent and active topics quite nicely, I might add.

edit for clarity.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
The new "Group" functions (at the top of every thread) for MyATS/Favorites, active threads, etc. is an excellent addition.

It takes care of the recent and active topics quite nicely, I might add.
[edit on 12/6/2006 by Mechanic 32]

Good find, mech ... those work quite nicely.

We're just finding all kind of nuggets of coolness here aren't we (forgive my grammar, haven't had my coffee yet).

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The more I look around the place, the more I like it. The new features, as well as the colour scheme. I prefer the darkest setting myself, and am yet to have a problem. One thing I do miss though, and I hope it will come back, is the section on the ATS front page where it shows you who's in chat.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join