It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Schedules Briefing to Announce Significant Find on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
in about 4 hours time

i hope this isnt annother "we have found what could be water, or could have been ice thousands of years ago, but yet again it could be nothing" announcements

hopefully it is one that will re-write science text-books and give confirmation of life on other planets.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Hi, I live in Europe and I have no idea when this is supposed to take place. Can someone please tell me in how many hours this is supposed to happen?

I life in holland it would be around the clock of 19.00 hour.
I always count 6 hours upon the time given on www.nasa.gov/ntv

[edit on 6-12-2006 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Hi, I live in Europe and I have no idea when this is supposed to take place. Can someone please tell me in how many hours this is supposed to happen?

Here is a link to their Nasa Tv channel, I believe it is in US Eastern time zone. Also if you don't get the nasa channel there is a link off of this page that will let you watch the Nasa Channel Live on the web.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here is the link to the BREAKING news briefing...

NASA MARS BRIEFING

Lets hope its something more than just a mission recap!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If this was really something big, don't you think one of the major news sources would have picked up on it? I see nothing on cnn, msnbc, or fox news.

I'm gonna be ticked if it's "we see evidence of something that may or may not have been related to some type of hydrogen and oxygen combination within the last 3 million years" or the like.

Plus one of those initial links said something about the rovers, but this press release only mentions the surveyor. So maybe they found a dry river bed or some other boring ambiguous feature.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well in the announcement for the briefing the title says it's a FIND on Mars. It's not going to be anything beyond evidence of water either once being there or running on the surface. I don't know why this would be such a find, I thought the poles had ice in them anyway? Maybe i'm wrong...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is my understanding that "they" said the ice at the poles was not "water" ice but frozen co2 ice.

Clearly having water or water ice on the planet "COULD"mean that there is or was life on Mar's, as water is considered necessary for all life that we know and understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They've found water ice on Mars already, and liquid water in small amounts around the edges of the ice.

This discovery has to be something bigger than that (and that was pretty big)

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Perhaps they will say some of the "blueberries" are/were life of some form???

I don't think it will be as big as we hope, or else it would be plastered across the papers/tv/radio news.

I am, however hopeful for something new and interesting.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm new, all though i have been reading peoples posts on ATS for a while. Anyways i believe they will either just say "hey we spotted old rovers, look at our pictures!" or they will say they found some form of life to build support for the moon base and future mars expeditions. I for one believe they already have evidence of life elsewhere and are just not willing to tell everyone yet. Because lets face it. religious nuts will have a mental break down when they find out the Bible has been twisted in order to control the population.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Someone said 4 hours, that now... but it's not on?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I agree. This has to be tied into their plans for creating a base on the moon. They will say that we have found evidence of whatever on Mars and it will re-enforce their overall strategy to get a mass public backing here on earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Maybe they are going to annouce the 'skull & grave' picture.

C to C had on a NASA employee earlier in the week which said that due to the amount of picutures being receved, they are directly downloaded to a public server.

Art then showed him the 'skull & grave picture'
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

**link is not working** I have the pic but don't know how to post pics.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's on in 50 minutes,

can't wait

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do hope that this isn't an anti climax which I think it may well be.

also whats the skull and grave picture about mentioned a couple of posts above mine? is it the picture of something that looks like a skull which has been shown on here before?

Will someone post on here asap when whatever is announced is announced my nets a bit dodgey so I can't watch.

Many thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry to be a dummy but is this any relation to this article?

www.spaceref.com...

hope so, as im looking forward to hearing what they have to say if it is!!!

Awesome stuff - water on mars = fuel and drinks for future space travellers.... wonder how quick they then will announce that they can fuel an engine on water 'discovered' by B.P / Shell oil companies? and it would be just 'perfect' for future space mission rover fuel... but is too expensive for earth engines to be made like this..?!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just saw this story on dailymail.co.uk

Does water STILL flow on Mars?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This link has the pics that show proof of the existence of water on Mars, take a look.

Sounds like NASA is taking notes from Stephen Hawking! Thank God!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The press conference starts in like 3 minutes for those that are in different time zones and want to see it. There is a link to NASA TV above…

Just thought I would post a reminder.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Water on Mars, currently.

They have evidence that water is currently on the planet Mars.

WOW.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The press conference has been very interesting. I'd like to see samples taken from the liquids and analyzed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join