It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange email...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not 100% sure this is the right forum, but think of this as a coded email concerning a terrorist plot.

you know, I normally delete these things without giving it a second thought,,, but this one seems a little weird to be a randomly generated nonsense as is usually par for the course for these things. What if you wanted to send a coded message to someone, but the safest way is to flood a few thousand addresses with what initially appears to be spam... but only the target recipient would understand it?

below is the entire text of the message... if a mod wants to delete the pitch part( between the lines, thats ok but leave the rest )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Premium Hotshot Daily Alert for December 4th Observe |I D S M| Arise instantly

Industrial|MINERALS|
Syml ~ I D S M
This moment tradees more or less up to .15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plunge onto this huge lightening rod like there's no tomorrow following the present day Do not be caught behind this lightening rod!
See your favorite report internet site

but I am unhappy Lizzie yes I am miserable and I cannot conceal station agents operators and their families all along the line As the to give Dr Alexander Graham Bell credit for his original work on this What I have endured and do endure here is insupportable " And but for the promptitude of

[edit on 4-12-2006 by RickinVa]

[edit on 4-12-2006 by RickinVa]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I get similar things all the time. Usually accompanied by the actual content the spammer wants you to see being saved as a gif and displayed in an image.

I believe the reason for the random text is so that spam blockers (which weigh content) will see all that stuff in there and hopefully let it pass.

The other day I had one babbling about the bible. Once it was something about art.

new topics

join