It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government system's meet Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The 21st century is the mark of a new era. The rise of micro computers has changed the world. The common man know's more than he did during the day's of George Washington. The common man has gone to school and understand's the way our country works. The common man, thru television and the internet, has a better grasp of the problems in our country and abroad. Isn't now a perfect time to reshape our government to fit the needs of our technological society. Voting can be easy and fun in today's age with the use of encryption security and online vote casting. By creating a system such as a thumb print verification tool or anything else we can place our votes to a the "Independent Vote Organization" that we will allow to sum the votes. We should change our government so that it includes a person from each race, rather than each states. We dissolve this white supremecy evident in our news station's and elsewhere and make it more culturally diverse as America should be. We should take back the White House and put graffiti on it to represent America and not the day's of the slave traders.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hmm interesting. I like the idea of net voting but how would the republicans stop african americans from voting then? and what of the electoral college? you know the ones whos votes actualy count?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
No matter how secure something is, it is not fail-proof. While I think some form of net voting would turn out a much greater number of voters, I guarantee the issues we would have with a system of that nature would be much worse than the "chad debacle" of 2000.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think the electoral college is unconstitutional for the very reason that we the people vote for our representatives. We don't vote for our electorla college to vote for the representatives. And if it is that way right now, it's nothing more than a monarchy.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The electoral college was set up by our founding fathers to eliminate "rule by mob" and prevent the gov't from being "too democratic."

To be honest, I never really understood that. Maybe it worked back then in the 18th century, but now I think it's time to move away from the electoral college...

new topics

top topics

join