It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia - Bikini protest at Mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Australia Bikini Protest

In a protest response to the recent comments from an Islamic leader that women who are raped ‘asked for it … like uncovered meat’ … a Grandmother in Australia has organized a bikini protest at Australia’s largest mosque. I believe it’s called the Lakemba Mosque.

Police protection from the bikini clad women has been requested. (sorry, but that really made me giggle! Big ol' muslim men calling in police protection from women in bikini's.)

This is scheduled for next weekend.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I want to see that one when it happens. Good for them! I like peacefull demonstrations. they are good for everyone. No violence just standing up for what you believe in.

I hope everything goes off without a hitch and perhaps the leader of that mosque will think twice about what diharia comes out of his mouth.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is funny! And, ironic. I would love for hundreds of bikini-clad women to protest in front of my place. And I promise I wouldn't ask for police protection, either!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
are they trying to torture them (old wrinkly grandmother in a bikini)
i bet they prayed they were blind.

comment retracted automaticaly if the protesters were fit women and not old people

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
*starts twirling wet towell*
Blimey.

Many Muslim women suggested joining the march in their hijabs and burqas to voice their outrage at comments made by Senator Bronwyn Bishop and Prime Minister John Howard about the way they dress. "We're really asking people not to bother coming to the mosque," Mr Zreika said.

I'm just picturing women in bikins and women in hajibs all marching together.. why can't they do that? That sheik was insulting all women.. not just aussie ones.

Divided we fall.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by riley]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes muslim women should join the march, just imagine how stupid those mullahs would feel then huh

I'm all for womens rights and those mullahs would think twice before saying stupid things like that again, unless they want to lose that dominating control over there women.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Police protection from the bikini clad women has been requested. (sorry, but that really made me giggle! Big ol' muslim men calling in police protection from women in bikini's.)

I'm sure they are more concerned about the white supremacist groups that are supporting and promoting the march.

A white supremacist website has promoted the march. Members of Sydney's Muslim community began raising their concerns last week, with hundreds joining an internet discussion to find a "peaceful avenue" to protect their mosque.

www.abc.net.au...

SABRA LANE: You're not worried that your event is going to be infiltrated by white supremacists? They've already sabotaged part of your website.

CHRISTINE HAWKINS: I realise that, yes, I realise that. Of course, we want that to happen, but we're hoping that by asking everybody else to come, okay? By saying, "listen, don't let the white supremacists be the only ones that turn up, everybody come."

And that way they will be very much a minority, and we're going to be working very closely with the police. And let me tell you that we will be working so closely with the police, if there's any trouble from anyone, we'll be handing them over.

SABRA LANE: December 9 is the first anniversary of the Cronulla race riots in Sydney.

White supremacists have already hacked the protest's website, there are also reports that police are concerned the event will be infiltrated by extremists.

People should stand up to Taj El-Din Hilaly, the guy is a creep.
I just hope the protest remains peaceful and the supremacists don't use this march for violence.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm sure they are more concerned about the white supremacist groups that are supporting and promoting the march.

I know the probably are. It's just kinda funny picturing men afraid of women in bikinis and asking for police protection from them.
Seriously, I don't know if the White Supremists are going to show up, or if they are just saying 'go for it' and are promoting it that way.

Either way .. Its still funny to me to think of a bunch of women in bikini's surrounding a mosque and protesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hehe. I hope it's not a bunch of grannies in bikini's. If it's hot babes let the wet t-shirt contest begin!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hummmm

Oh oh, the girls are getting agressive, get the teargas!!!

A white supremacist group? Oh well, I don't hold those in very high estime
whatever they are preparing will probably fail

so babes, imams skinheads and riot police

Seems like a great party is being set up

new topics

top topics

join