It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton resigns as US ambassador to UN.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted by Mdv2

“ . . any way, Gates cannot be worse than Bolton, as a matter of fact I think he's capable enough to do the job . . I watched yesterday . . one senator questioned him about the Chinese threat. Does anyone have more information on that? [Edited by Don W]

Unfortunately, Bush43, VP Cheney and the Oberfuhrer, Herr Rumsfeld, have mucked up the Middle East too much for one man to “cure” or “fix.” That ignoble trio, joined by the Birmingham Songbird, Sec Rice, make up America’s own Gang of Four. As for China’s PRC following the Kitty Hawk, it’s a free ocean I thought. I imagine we had a Los Angeles type trailing the PRC sub, too.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

posted by Hal9000

I think GW just sacrificed a rook to gain a bishop.

Your anology is apt, but is it not true that in the end game a rook is worth more than a bishop?

You might be right, but it was just an analogy. There is a place that sells political chess sets with Bush on one side and Clinton on the other. Unfortunately their server is down and I can't find a picture. I wonder what piece Condi is? Obviously, Cheney would be queen.

Bolton's recess appointment was set to expire when the 109th Congress ends. That event is usually marked by the Speaker of the House banging his gavel and saying in the immortal words of Sam Rayburn, Sine Die.

I think at the end of his temporary appointment, GW would have asked for a new hearing, but now we will never know. I think Bolton surprised everyone that he did not embarrass the US with one of his tantrums.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Hal9000]

<< 1   >>

join