It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gwyneth Paltrow - Americans Are Uncivilised and Dull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...=gwyn-trouble-&method=full&objectid=18203797&siteid=94762-name_page.html

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
:shk: I saw that on the TV news yesterday.

She's an idiot. All those Hollywierdos are. They need Americans to buy tickets to their movies, and to watch them while they are on tv, in order for them to make a living. And yet ... they continue to insult the people who basically write their paychecks.

Not that Paltrow cares, but I won't be paying to see any of her movies and I won't be watching her on TV. Same with Jennifer Anniston. Same with Rosie O'Donnell. Same with etc etc etc.

Their mouthing off becomes too distracting. When i see them in a show or movie I can't get into the story of the show, I only hear their idiocy ringing in my ears. I can't be entertained by them anymore. I hope that advertisers and those who pick stars for movie roles are paying attention to that.

While loudmouthed hollywierdos are allowed to have their views, counting on the public for an income means that they will suffer the consequences of ticking off those whom they are supposed to be entertaining.

Paltrow suffers from hyper-reality. I'm sure a lot in the entertainment business do.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Her mother's probably telling her to shut her piehole before she brings the whole family's movie careers down. Has she made one decent movie besides Seven?

"Uncivilized and dull"? "Dull" like your movies and your husband's band.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lol Dr Love I was about to say ...

Gwyneth Paltrow, the epitome of dullness and ordinary-ness (lol), has the audacity to accuse a whole country of people, of being dull ?

The country she grew up in nonetheless ?

ughhhhhh I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike that woman any more than I already did. Alas! It is!

[edit on 4-12-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
LOL - I wonder whatever gave her that opinion. That Brits are more civilized.

Quickly ducks onslaught of rotten tomatos.

Just a joke.

Borat has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the uncivilized nature of Brits.

lol

[edit on 5-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This was an open letter to Paltrow. It had some good points. She claimed that Americans are dull and uncivilized dinner partners. Well, who has she been having dinner with? Hollywierdos! How the heck would she know what average Americans discuss at the dinner table?

Our conversation last night included -
- how my daughter's day at school went.
- how my husband's day at work went.
- what is happening on my daughter's swim team.
- how my own school classes are going (I'm going back to college again).
- Me telling everyone about th ECOLI outbreak that is happening in this area and telling my family a safety tip - stay away from lettuce and tomatoes from N.J. for a while.

UNCIVILIZED? No. It's called FAMILY TIME.

I pity her kid .. what't it's name? ... Apple? If Mommy doesn't understand that family-time discussions are an important part of a healthy childhood/family, then that poor kid is going to grow up messed up.

new topics

top topics

join