It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thought Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We all have at some time mentioned the do gooders, the PC, NIMBY etc. but who are these unelected and unpaid Thought Police. Have you noticed that the Govermnet employs them to do their bidding be it smoking bans or removal of civil rights, just who are these people and who organise's them into such an effective force.

I mean its bad enough when the people we pay to represent us and our interest's stab us in the back but who are these jokers who aid and abbet them. Are they just individuals or is their some kind of structure or organisation that the Goverment let loose on the populace with the sole purpose to shut us all up and deny us our freedom of speech.

Use the example of the WOT you have people telling you that its worth loosing freedom and liberty for greater security, stated by the Goverment at first but before you know it the Thought Police are on the TV, Radio, in Newspapers etc. telling the rest of us that we should not resist these changes and we should comply with them. Who are these people, are they pre programmed Manchurian Candidates, have you noticed that people who are against the changes dont get the same coverage in the media or none at all.

I cannot believe its just the odd individual that is just voicing his or her opinions, simply because they seem to achieve what they want or should I say what the Goverment wants. Think of it, anti smoking, anti drinking, anti guns, anti fat people, anti cars, anti freedom the list is endless yet there is a hard core of people pushing these agenda's. Why is it we the majority do not have the same voice to shut these people up or why is our voice not heard.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Eh, smoke, drink, get fat, die in a car crash or of a heart attack.

Go for it. It's your right.

new topics

join