It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 levels above top secret ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I used to have a security clearance which is designated: Top Secret/Crypto/NATO and I worked in access to (but never worked with/handled) something called SPECAT which means Special Category. This was in Nevada.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
COSMIC is just NATO TOP SECRET. I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that COSMIC is related to UFOs.

Though I do find the use of the word "cosmic" to be a bit a eerie, I do think it would be foolish of an organization trying so hard to keep UFO's and ET's a secret to flirt with the public by purposely drawing attention to such things by advertising those words.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by mbkennel
The Cosmic qualifier refers to NATO information, that's all.

People are overblowing the "cosmic" thing.

Yes, people are overdoing it. Exactly as you described, COSMIC is a NATO designator, nothing more. And like you said, it's information a country is sharing with others. There are over 26 countries in NATO. The United States' closet allies are the ECHELON nations: Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia. It's much lower in sensitivity than TOP SECRET information which exists within SCI (SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION) channels.

The most closely guarded secrets are contained within SAPS (SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAMS). Some of which are unacknowledged "deep black" operations. This category is unavailable even to the chairs of the Congressional Intelligence Committees. Now if that's not unconstitutional, I don't know what is. I believe this is where official government UFO intelligence resides.

Although, I'm highly skeptical when some witness describes their former security clearance in terms of "levels above top secret". The only way that makes sense is if they're speaking in terms of multiple caveats. The idea of the intelligence system is to segment the information. Nobody has access to the big picture. There are clearances termed "all sources". But that's referring to all of the primary collection categories: PHOTO/ELINT/COMINT/CI-HUMINT

There are at least several hundred maybe thousands of compartments and SAPS. Nobody has carte blanche to everything. If top secret information were to be organized in a hierarchy of levels, someone would obviously have to see everything and make the determination of what is higher in importance than some other area of intelligence.

As someone who worked within the national security apparatus for years, I find it illogical and highly unrealistic a notion. Perhaps, these people are only misinformed. They’re describing their experiences in layman's terms. Not everyone in the military or government interacts with the national security bureaucracy as part of their official duties. The average person working in these highly classified fields probably visits a security office once a year for periodic review and possible polygraph. The level of supervision resides on just how sensitive their work is and the potential consequences of a security compromise.

There is a not so far-fetched conspiracy theory that former CIA director William Colby was assassinated to prevent him from leaking classified information.

So would something like the World Trade Center be an evolving black project? Obviously knowledge about any usage timeline would be somewhat compartmentalized. Japan was probably in on it from the beginning since they provided the tower beams and the design details would offer certain advantages and limitations.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh yes there IS "above" Top Secret. ***ATS!***

Epic fail to y'all!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

Epic fail to y'all!

Do you know about Yankee Fire ?

Someone on here with a JEEP-1 card claimed he had that level of a background investigation. It's the most intense I've heard about, more selective than Yankee White. Can't find anything about it on google.

If I were to guess, it maybe pertains to the ability to be packing serious heat around the "command authorities". I read a story about when Obama traveled overseas, one of the SUVs in the procession supposedly had a minigun under the tinted glass. There was an article in the MSM about it. I wouldn't be surprised if his limos have built in anti-vehicle missile launchers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Something is secret or it isn.

That might seem blunt but allow me to eleborate on that; There seems to be some sort of pyramide structure in the minds of many here. That there is some sort of 'highest level' that knows about all lower levels. Whilst it is true that there are some people on some departments of certain branches that know a lot about secret material from other branches there isn a real pyramide structure.

Departments are 'boxed' in meaning that certain departments only concern themselvesn with certain topics and only thrue special clearance can access information from other departments. This kind of branching structure is to prevent an open structure in which people can access all information just because of their cleanence or 'security level'.

As said before by some people here; There is nothing above 'top secret' when something is declared 'top secret' then it has already been stated as being 'a most important secret'. The system in place does not facilitate anything above 'top secret' it is simply not designed to be like that. Why? because it would be the same as saying that your red wall is 'redder' than that of your neighbours. You might mean it well, but you talk jibberish.

Material that is 'top secret' might however have severe restrictions depending on the department they are from. Let's take a little example; The FBI can access almost everything from the police departments with little effort, but the other way around it is extremely difficult.

The president of the Unisted States can also access a lot of information from a lot of departments but not everything. After all; a president is just a president for a maximum of eight years (counting in that he getś elected for a second term). While the president is the most important state person at the time of his term, he is just a little more then avarage Joe outside of his term.

Seperate sub-departments and departments exist that are even outside the reach of the presidents power. Secrets that span far longer then the term of a presidentship or that are simply extremely big but are of importance for the preseident to do his job. E.G.; having a flying saucer is a big secret, but it is not worth the risk of letting the president know since it has nothing to do with the presidents job as a president. it would only expose tops ecret knowledge to fall into the hands of someone extra and thus risking further exposure of that top secret knowledge.

Those departments don have a higher level that is above top secret; the information from that department is just as 'top secret' as any 'top secret' but it is not accessible for other departments. That same department might however, not be able to access information of the FBI since it has nothing to do with that info.
Such eleborate systems exist to prevent a single department or person to rule unchecked. WHy do they not want one department or person to be able to access everything else? Well; humans are untrustworthy beings and people working for secret service know better than anyone that people are untrutworthy.

It is true however that there are 'unrevealed' departments existing; this is not just in the united states, it is in almost every big power. The EU has its claundestine departments, just as Russia and China have. Such departments are 'hidden' in plain sight; as sub departments of other departments. There exist sub-departments in the FBI that are actually seperate departments as well.
Another way of 'hiding' secret departments is by injecting them into the illegal circuit; like the Russian or Chinese crimescene is primarily runned by their respective governments. The united states has unknown secret services in the illegal underground as well.

Actually creating and hiding a seperate agency from sight is difficult; funds vanish, people vanish and locations vanish./ itś too much work; only a hand full of such departments exist. The united states has two or three that I know of; most are located in Alaska; far away from civilization in blistering cold and deep woodlands. But their actions; whilst big are also limited. Their extreme secrecy not only allows them to gain much information; it also paralysis them since being discovered means the end of such an organisation.

At this mometn China is building a few sub-departments in their current top secret departments engaging in things like espionage and network injection. Not really a surprise I guess since they are the next big power to come. Ah well; how more things change, how more they stay the same. Makes me get a deja-vu of the 20th century...and the 19th and the 12th and the 1th and one from 4th century bc. Meh, this is getting old.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by simone50m

Epic fail to y'all!

Do you know about Yankee Fire ?

Someone on here with a JEEP-1 card claimed he had that level of a background investigation. It's the most intense I've heard about, more selective than Yankee White. Can't find anything about it on google.

If I were to guess, it maybe pertains to the ability to be packing serious heat around the "command authorities". I read a story about when Obama traveled overseas, one of the SUVs in the procession supposedly had a minigun under the tinted glass. There was an article in the MSM about it. I wouldn't be surprised if his limos have built in anti-vehicle missile launchers.

I am not familiar with, never heard of those things you mention. The most exotic classifications and clearances I have become aware of,...... was from the Ufology community! For example, the designation "White" can be traced to Robert and Ryan Wood's Majestic Documents website, www.majesticdocuments.com
And for the clearance and access I had, in the place I was, I never heard of "the Special Access Programs" or the "SAPS" until Ufologist Richard Dolan's book. However, I do not have, have not read, any of his works, so I don't know where he gets SAPS.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

edit on 6-6-2012 by TriForce2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Richard Dolan once described it best, when he compared all the levels of classification on security to an iceberg, with a tiny bit appearing above the water and rest below. Whether it's 28 levels below, it remains to be discovered but there is a lot of ice below the sea-level.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes I remember, it's from this video

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skip to 44:06, he calls it the "Secrecy Iceberg"

October

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
People often see the compartmentalization and mistake that for different "levels" of security, but that simply isnt the case. You've got clearances such as Secret, Top Secret, TS/SCI ... but literally HUNDREDS of compartmentalized areas across different areas of the government.

I currently have a TS clearance as a requirement for my job, but that doesnt mean that I have ANY sort of access to TS information from other sectors of the government or its contractors. People blow up the clearance thing to be much more of a big deal than it really is, and in the process many of them make up more words for their contrived clearance levels than you could shake a stick at.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join