It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 levels above top secret ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I keep reading that the Army/Government classified the UFO subject 28 levels above top secret, my question is what are those other 27 levels ?. Is there existence even classified ?.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yes, and the highest is cosmic. Only 28 or more people who would be citizens or known to the public would have that security level. More who would be brought up in bases and other places away from normal country citizenry. Thats all i know.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Are you sure about "Cosmic"? I have an application form i need to fill in because i do aerial photography and it deals with "Top Secret" and "Cosmic Top Secret". Living in Norway this is most likely according to NATO regulations...could be different in the US as many things are...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Cosmic qualifier refers to NATO information, that's all.

It means that other people in NATO who have similar Cosmic top secret
clearance could be allowed to see the information, assuming they had need
to know.

People are overblowing the "cosmic" thing.

General, classifications basically refer to the level of background checks which the people need before they are permitted to have access, as well as specific procedures for confidentiality and data transmission & storage.

Usually classification secrets only permit access by citizens of the government witih the information. So something which is "top secret" classified by local government may in fact be higher than 'cosmic top secret'. E.g. in the first case only nationals of that government would have access, in the second, other Cosmic cleared nationals of other NATO nations might have access as well.

The reason for this is plainly obvious now that you think about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There are levels above top secret. I know because my uncle has an above top secret clearance with EG&G. That's all he told me. He wouldn't tell me what it's called. Had to stop communicating with him because EG&G got all puffy about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
TOP SECRET is the highest clearance level, but compartmentalized Special Access Programs (SAP) have additional codeword clearances for each program on a kneed-to-know basis.

In other words, just because you have a TS clearance it doesn't mean you can access OXCART material. You would have to have a TS-OXCART clearance.

It's kind of like the Freemasons. Third Degree (Master Mason) is the highest level, but then you can earn consistory levels up to 32nd Degree.

So there really is nothing "above top secret." It's just a matter of compartmentalized access.

As has already been said, COSMIC is just NATO TOP SECRET. I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that COSMIC is related to UFOs.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I heard that in Area 51 they have 46 security levels above top secret, and the highest rank is Cosmic

[edit on 5-12-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
shadow hawk is quite right.

There has been zero evidence to support there being levels above top secret. Every time ive seen a documentary or read some witness testimony, they always give different information. Nothing is congruent.

Top secret is the highest, although I have heard of most secret on a few occasions, top secret seems to be it.

As said, there are different levels of top secret, but none are actually above top secret. They are horozontally oriented to top secret. So you may have top secret clearance q-5 which means you can access information for a specific project, and perhaps information for a few other related projects because you are in a need to know situation.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Never heard of more than 3 levels.

As far as I know it allows access to data or documents.

I would not be interested in working in such a restricted area but
one can work on many projects at the lowest level.

UFO data suppression is only out done by Tesla's locked up railroad cars.

To work on counter intellegence would not require any level just counter
all ideas to the contrary.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
TOP SECRET is the highest clearance level, but compartmentalized Special Access Programs (SAP) have additional codeword clearances for each program on a kneed-to-know basis.

In other words, just because you have a TS clearance it doesn't mean you can access OXCART material. You would have to have a TS-OXCART clearance.

It's kind of like the Freemasons. Third Degree (Master Mason) is the highest level, but then you can earn consistory levels up to 32nd Degree.

So there really is nothing "above top secret." It's just a matter of compartmentalized access.

As has already been said, COSMIC is just NATO TOP SECRET. I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that COSMIC is related to UFOs.

The European UFOs might be covered by this COSMIC classification,
its better than JEDI, I just saw a posted europen video of two ufos with
trails and three observer globes.

NATO must know who is flying around up there in the sky, its their territory.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Are you guys saying what you think happens at the security clearance levels........or what you know happens?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think Umbra is the highest security clearance in the USA. It would be reasonable to assume that CIA and NSA personel hold the highest clearances!

I also remember reading in the dulce papers of higher clearances such as sub-astral, astral and stellar but this cannot be verified with only one source so I guess we should assume Umbra is the highest!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have a quick question. First off, good morning from Dallas, TX. Now, about 4 years ago, I got hired by the Border Patrol. They did a thorough background check and I passed it all. I was shipped out to Charleston, SC, and did three months of training. I decided I didn't like the way they were handling things (politically and at the camp), so I resigned. There's a lot more to the story but a question I have is: Would I be considered "secret security clearance" since we had access to very cool documents about national security? Stuff like espionage that we were taught about and how to find a mole if you think there is one, etc? Just wondering if anyoe knows what security clearnace would be needed to become a border patrol?
Thanks guys!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There certainly are many levels of clearance but Im quite sure there are not as many as outlined in this thread.

I did a post or thread about such levels quite some time ago.

I know Canada has a different classification system.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
The Cosmic qualifier refers to NATO information, that's all.

People are overblowing the "cosmic" thing.

Yes, people are overdoing it. Exactly as you described, COSMIC is a NATO designator, nothing more. And like you said, it's information a country is sharing with others. There are over 26 countries in NATO. The United States' closet allies are the ECHELON nations: Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia. It's much lower in sensitivity than TOP SECRET information which exists within SCI (SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION) channels.

The most closely guarded secrets are contained within SAPS (SPECIAL ACCESS PROGRAMS). Some of which are unacknowledged "deep black" operations. This category is unavailable even to the chairs of the Congressional Intelligence Committees. Now if that's not unconstitutional, I don't know what is. I believe this is where official government UFO intelligence resides.

Although, I'm highly skeptical when some witness describes their former security clearance in terms of "levels above top secret". The only way that makes sense is if they're speaking in terms of multiple caveats. The idea of the intelligence system is to segment the information. Nobody has access to the big picture. There are clearances termed "all sources". But that's referring to all of the primary collection categories: PHOTO/ELINT/COMINT/CI-HUMINT

There are at least several hundred maybe thousands of compartments and SAPS. Nobody has carte blanche to everything. If top secret information were to be organized in a hierarchy of levels, someone would obviously have to see everything and make the determination of what is higher in importance than some other area of intelligence.

As someone who worked within the national security apparatus for years, I find it illogical and highly unrealistic a notion. Perhaps, these people are only misinformed. They’re describing their experiences in layman's terms. Not everyone in the military or government interacts with the national security bureaucracy as part of their official duties. The average person working in these highly classified fields probably visits a security office once a year for periodic review and possible polygraph. The level of supervision resides on just how sensitive their work is and the potential consequences of a security compromise.

There is a not so far-fetched conspiracy theory that former CIA director William Colby was assassinated to prevent him from leaking classified information.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by classified material

i heard that there were 38!!!.....number 1, being cosmic.....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As to the Border Patrol...if you were given a specific clearance level, you should have been made aware of it...

There are levels above top secret. I know because my uncle has an above top secret clearance with EG&G. That's all he told me. He wouldn't tell me what it's called. Had to stop communicating with him because EG&G got all puffy about it.

I don't know if "above" is exactly the right word...just more specialized..such as different SCI classifications. EG&G does a lot of hiring for some of the unmentionable bases that "don't exist", so I'd imagine you'd likely need general SCI clearance to even be a janitor there (I know you need it, and had to have held it for 2 years, to do security anywhere near those places). Any engineers would have even more compartmentalized clearances...specific to their projects. There is no all-encompassing clearance level (that I am aware of). Once you get to a certainl level (Top Secret), it then just gets compartmentalized from there (which is how you keep secrets)...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
the president is at level 17, i just watched it on the history channel today. and there are 20 levels above him that he knows nothing about, including the "men in black"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Top secret is the highest I know of regarding documents at least. Non-forn used to mean top secret, and could only be shown to Americans with top secret clearance. So it still had variations within itself.

But still, everything is need to know.
edit on 20-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Its clear that no matter what level you are on, information is compartmentalized. I often wonder how many people know it all? Somebody would have to know it all.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

top topics

<<   2 >>

join