It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you give up for Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
In the Bible, what did Jesus ask you to give up?

Your soul, and any respect for those with different beleifs.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Whats your deal man? Do you usually come into Christian posts and bash on other peoples beliefs?

You should practice what you preach and have respect for people with different beliefs.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Whats your deal man? Do you usually come into Christian posts and bash on other peoples beliefs?

You should practice what you preach and have respect for people with different beliefs.

Practice what you preach? ... he was saying that Jesus told us to not respect peoples beliefs.. which just shows he doesn't actually know what the message of Jesus was.. lol
on the contrary.. he told us to give up desire.. (even sexual) .. in order to attain a change ... but he told us to be as wise as serpents.. which in my opinion means learn everything.. leave no stone unturned.. after all it is gnosis..

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I appologize, I didn't see the "Christians only" sign on the door.

I usually tend to, but I have a pit in my stomach for people who believe I deserve to burn in hell for eternity because I don't believe what they believe. But that's another thread.

What would I give up for Jesus?

If I was like most, I'd say some extent of rational thought on the subject.

Luckilly I'm not like most people.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Very funny rosarbi, but please keep your blasphemous comments to yourself.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

(44) Jesus said, "Whoever blasphemes against the father will be forgiven, and whoever blasphemes against the son will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven either on earth or in heaven."

Who-ever Blasphemes the Holy THOUGHT will not be forgiven on earth or in heaven...

ON EARTH / IN HEAVEN...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I appologize, I didn't see the "Christians only" sign on the door.

I usually tend to, but I have a pit in my stomach for people who believe I deserve to burn in hell for eternity because I don't believe what they believe. But that's another thread.

What would I give up for Jesus?

If I was like most, I'd say some extent of rational thought on the subject.

Luckilly I'm not like most people.

Now that you have heard the message of Truth, you rejected it, you can either choose to accept it or reject,it is your decision where you spend an eternity.

But as far as judging you and saying your going to hell, i'm sorry, i can't do that, Jesus told me not to:

Judging Others
1"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. Matthew 7:1-6

[edit on 9-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For Jesus, I would give up EVERYTHING , except for ATS!!!

But that isn't saying much, the Devil already has my Soul, and I would give up the same things for the Devil.

*p.s. I sold my soul to the Devil on E-bay!!! *j/k

[edit on 12/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Many good answers in this discussion. But, as KL and JJ and others have mentioned, when the time comes we would need the strength of God to follow through to give up our life.

As someone else mentioned, we cannot get to heaven on good works. We first must have faith in Jesus and have accepted Him as our Saviour. But, I do believe, that we must lead our lives by trying to follow the way that Jesus came to teach us. And it does seem obvious, to me, with the lesson of the sheep and goats, that Jesus means for us to love our neighbor and to help all those who need us. It is not always easy, but if we try to see Jesus in our neighbor it helps.

I also believe that God knew us before time began and created each of us unique with special talents to do His will while we are here on earth. The trick is, what is His will for me today? These questions take prayer and faith.

Mahree

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I would give up nothing. He deserves nothing and don't believe has done anything. Well he has made the world a more diverse place which is the reason for so much death,destruction and carnage. I will not follow such a person nor give him anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I would give up nothing. He deserves nothing and don't believe has done anything. Well he has made the world a more diverse place which is the reason for so much death,destruction and carnage. I will not follow such a person nor give him anything.

And how is this Jesus fault again?

He hasn't done anything? Yes he has, he came to teach us the Truth and to show us the light.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Love your signature quote!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join